***Official Political Discussion Thread***

The very nature of these organizations is to put black folks against each other while doing nothing for them politically. It's the same game decade after decade.

Black folks are the systematically ignored class. Give them a token of progress every now and then. But the black wealth gap is growing exponentially under these symbolic black leaders.

You’re A Bit All Over The Place. You Think She’s A Consolation Prize, That’s Fine Don’t Care To Discuss.

How Is She Hiding Her Blackness Publicly? Who Would Have Been A Better VP Candidate?

You’re A Bit All Over The Place. You Think She’s A Consolation Prize, That’s Fine Don’t Care To Discuss.

How Is She Hiding Her Blackness Publicly? Who Would Have Been A Better VP Candidate?
I'm not all over the place. I'm looking at the bigger picture. Policits in america is so short sighted and other countries are using our divisive political system totheir advantage.

We only think 4 years at a time and countries out here pulling out 100 year plans against our weak and corrupt system.

The Dems had Bernie Sanders as a good progressive candidate. But they sabotoge hime every time and he willfuly rolls over out of party loyalty. These things are wrong.
The people really wanted Bernie. Across racial and age groups.
Kamala and Biden are devisive. Look at the discussion going on right now.

Really should've been Sanders and Abrams.

She's being used as a political prop. I can see that. I know you can too.
This lesser of two evils thing is so unfair to the American ppl.
The illusion of choice.
Kamala will say whatever to who ever just like most politicians.

As I have said in other threads. The Breakfast Club is the worst thing for the democratic party.

From Hillary's hotsauce in her purse, Kamala smoking weed jammin pac and biggie to Biden telling people they are not black if they don't vote for him.

They are BSers man and I don't have to like them as some altruistic affront to get Trump out of office.
Trump has the silent majority honestly.
He is gonna win.
Both parties have the same goal.
The Dems choice in candidates shows me that they don't take winning seriously at all.
Joe Biden is in no way shape or form a strong canditate.
We are supposed to vote for him due to proximitiy to Obama?
We are supposed to voet for him due to proximity to Kamala (Obama2.0) to make black history with yet another colorless black politician?
Dems are trying to reignite the energy Obama had in 08 with a black candidate and I see it as yet more pandering.
No I disagree with you analysis. She is a qualified candidate that ideologically balances the ticket. Of things considered of everyone that was available, she was one of the better choices. This political prop this is just a repackaged right wing talking point that people like the Tariq Nasheed's of the world regurgitate.

Kamala Harris has a her policy positions, there degree as to which they can pass depends of the marginal voter in Congress. Unfortunately because of the Senate's ideological and racial bias, progressive policy, much of which Kamala supports, can't get passed. Any analysis that ignores the structural issues in Congress, is a short sighted analysis.

The Breakfast Club is bad for the Democratic Party because it is fodder for black folk that dislike the Democratic Party and have reactionary tendencies. What Joe Biden said was asinine and I am not gonna defend him, but not one talks about the fact that the reason he was on there was to discuss a comprehensive plan for black america. So the people demand tangibles, they are willing to ignore the policy proposal because they have a soundbite the can use to say "see, see".

The hot sauce things was a joke that people that hate Hillary Clinton have latched onto as some great offense against black people. Hillary Clinton been collecting hot sauces for decades, she didn't just have a bottle in her purse as a political ploy. She made a joke combining her hobby with a well known stereotype about the black community. If you didn't like she made the joke, fine, dude dudes even after being told it wasn't a political ploy, and being provided evidence.

There was zero wrong with what Kamala Harris said. wavycrocket wavycrocket has broken this down for NT numerous times, dudes stubbornly repeat and repeat the same nothing burger for no good reason other that they dislike Harris.

And I am sorry, I based my political opinions on a ton of ****, Breakfast Club interviews just doesn't rank high on the list.

The rest of your political analysis is something I can't agree with.
-I am not asking you to like anyone. I am asking you to stop letting **** stop you from seeing who is clearly the better option. Which party that would govern better and be more responsive to the needs of people.
-Trump can't have the silent majority, he lost the popular vote last time, he will lose it this time. What Trump has are electoral systems and strategies that artificially inflate his political popularity. The only way to overcome them is to make sure people come out and vote him out. He is beatable. The damn Comey letter saved him last time; he only won the Electoral College by less that a hundred thousand votes in three states
-Both Parties do not have the same goal, this is patently false. You can go check the policy positions of the parties, their voting records, looks at their bases. Look at the judges the appoint. "both sides are the same" is a lazy political hot take.
-Dems chose the candidate that was polling best against Trump, nationally and in swing states, yet they are not serious about winning? Famb this is just a repackaged "they didn't do what I liked, so they are wrong". Observable reality says they picked the strongest candidate.
-How is Joe Biden not a strong candidate? He washed the Democratic field in the primary. He currently polling ahead of Trump. He is not perfect, far from it, he is not who I wanted, but he is not a weak candidate.
-You vote for Joe Biden not because of Obama, because he is clearly way better than Trump. That's what everyone is trying to point out.
-Spare me this dog whistle about biracial black people, I said already I am not gonna entertain it. Kamala Harris is qualified, competent, and a progressive. Heer being chosen is not some "yeah black people vote for a face", but Biden showing once again that on a important decision, he can show good judgment.
-Dems are trying to regenite Obama 2008 because the Obama coalition is unbeatable politically. It is so diverse, it appeals to progressive and moderates, it gets young people to the polls. So of course the Dems want another Obama 2008. But they Dems are not just using minority representation to get that, they are trying to show groups they have the policy interest in their coalition. You want tangibles, they have tangibles, but it seems that you just want to circle back to an opinion you have already formed.

No one sees Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, or even the Democratic Party as saviors that will solve everything if just handed power, or perfect actors. But they are clearly better than the alternative. Biden is there to get Trump out, we need to get the Senate and drop the filibuster, we need to make DC and PR states so we can weak the political power of white voters, we need electoral and political reforms to make economic and social reforms easier to pass, we need get as many progressives as possible into office and all levels of government, we need to take advantage of the primary system to replace mainstream liberals with progressives, and centrist with mainstream liberals. We also need to hit the streets, run up in town halls and community meetings, and show at every election, and hold these fools accountable.

The Democratic Party is just a tool we need to use to build a more just society. So they don't need to be perfect right now, because we now have to push them to be better.

You my mans, and I understand your frustration, but I can't really rock with your argument.

Last edited:
I'm not all over the place. I'm looking at the bigger picture. Policits in america is so short sighted and other countries are using our divisive political system totheir advantage.

We only think 4 years at a time and countries out here pulling out 100 year plans against our weak and corrupt system.

The Dems had Bernie Sanders as a good progressive candidate. But they sabotoge hime every time and he willfuly rolls over out of party loyalty. These things are wrong.

Oh ok, everything makes sense now.

You, a white man, lecturing me and other Black men in this thread on how Black voters who did not vote for Bernie are supporters of barbarism is pushing a white savior trope.

Again, I think that you’re rants in here are a microcosm of white leftists struggle with daily in terms of coalition building with Black voters — which is talking to Black people as if you know what’s better for them than they do themselves. Your takeaway from the previous discussion was that Black people voted for Biden to guarantee “lesser barbarism”, instead of reflecting the shortcomings of the Sanders’ campaign that led to him not building a winning coalition. That’s quite the way to build a coalition.

As you stated above, it’s always interesting and quite frankly very laughable to constantly hear a white guy like rexanglorum rexanglorum tell black people what WE need and what is best for US. Instead of him listening and at least attempting to engage with US in an honest discussion he comes in here reading off his predetermined list trying to tell US what’s best.

I appreciate dacomeup dacomeup teaching rexanglorum rexanglorum to help him see the error in his ways and thought process. That being said I say just let rexanglorum rexanglorum continue to talk and dig himself further into hole. rexanglorum rexanglorum has a colonizer mindset and mentality that knows no end. I say let him be so he can continue to expose himself. At the end of the day Bernie Sanders ain’t walking through the proverbial 2020 Democratic Nomination doors or any Democratic Nomination door EVER for that matter. Time for the Bernie Bro’s, Bernie Colonizers or whatever the hell they are calling themselves these days to realize Bernie lost and get over it!!

Those are terrible qualifiers for the black vote.
Need tangibles.

Can we get some specifics as far as TANGIBLES go champ??

and how are YOU going about seeing this happen outaide of complaining about the options presented to you?
I'm not a politician or running for office so quit trying to ask me "gotcha" questions.
You know damn well we need out politicians to do what we ask for to get reparations along with everything else the people want.
The fact that you see my analysis as a "complaining" is the problem.
You are trying to out my thoughts because you don't agree with them instead of having discourse.
That's the problem.
People become marriedto ideas and doctrine and blinded to critical thinking.

While you asking me what I'm doing, do you even aknowledge that reparations are owed?
Are you active in your community?
What do you do since you wanna pull out meausring sticks.

****** been watching Trump set up a fascist state in real time and we still talking about dems pandering. What the **** is the relevance right now? I got a child to raise on this earth.

If you’re actively trying to turn votes away, you are Kanye West. You are Candace Owens. You are the political Terry Crews.

You’re jeopardizing my kids future. It’s not only disappointing, it’s angering. The fact that children seem to understand this and adults do not is mind blowing to me.

The sooner people acknowledge that Bernie Sanders was just not a viable national candidate the better. He ignored a huge segment of the party and it came back to bite him twice. Period.

For all the faults that Biden/Harris have, her record in the Senate speaks for itself. She's one of the most progressive talents in the party, should the ticket win progressives will be all over the cabinet. Maybe the Supreme Court can be salvaged some. That's what's important from a big picture perspective. I don't view this as some return to the old guard just cause Bernie couldn't get his **** together. The party is and has been moving left.

Across racial and age groups he said

Capture.JPG

Dems and Republicans are the same.
They both benefit from deregulation and broadening of police powers of the state.
I just feel like folks are getting caught up in another feel good candidate.
It's always more of the same.

No I disagree with you analysis. She is a qualified candidate that ideologically balances the ticket. Of things considered of everyone that was available, she was one of the better choices. This political prop this is just a repackaged right wing talking point that people like the Tariq Nasheed's of the world regurgitate.

Kamala Harris has a her policy positions, there degree as to which they can pass depends of the marginal voter in Congress. Unfortunately because of the Senate's ideological and racial bias, progressive policy, much of which Kamala supports, can't get passed. Any analysis that ignores the structural issues in Congress, is a short sighted analysis.

The Breakfast Club is bad for the Democratic Party because it is fodder for black folk that dislike the Democratic Party and have reactionary tendencies. What Joe Biden said was asinine and I am not gonna defend him, but not one talks about the fact that the reason he was on there was to discuss a comprehensive plan for black america. So the people demand tangibles, they are willing to ignore the policy proposal because they have a soundbite the can use to say "see, see".

The hot sauce things was a joke that people that hate Hillary Clinton have latched onto as some great offense against black people. Hillary Clinton been collecting hot sauces for decades, she didn't just have a bottle in her purse as a political ploy. She made a joke combining her hobby with a well known stereotype about the black community. If you didn't like she made the joke, fine, dude dudes even after being told it wasn't a political ploy, and being provided evidence.

There was zero wrong with what Kamala Harris said. wavycrocket wavycrocket has broken this down for NT numerous times, dudes stubbornly repeat and repeat the same nothing burger for no good reason other that they dislike Harris.

And I am sorry, I based my political opinions on a ton of ****, Breakfast Club interviews just doesn't rank high on the list.

The rest of your political analysis is something I can't agree with.
-I am not asking you to like anyone. I am asking you to stop letting **** stop you from seeing who is clearly the better option. Which party that would govern better and be more responsive to the needs of people.
-Trump can't have the silent majority, he lost the popular vote last time, he will lose it this time. What Trump has are electoral systems and strategies that artificially inflate his political popularity. The only way to overcome them is to make sure people come out and vote him out. He is beatable. The damn Comey letter saved him last time; he only won the Electoral College by less that a hundred thousand votes in three states
-Both Parties do not have the same goal, this is patently false. You can go check the policy positions of the parties, their voting records, looks at their bases. Look at the judges the appoint. "both sides are the same" is a lazy political hot take.
-Dems chose the candidate that was polling best against Trump, nationally and in swing states, yet they are not serious about winning? Famb this is just a repackaged "they didn't do what I liked, so they are wrong". Observable reality says they picked the strongest candidate.
-How is Joe Biden not a strong candidate? He washed the Democratic field in the primary. He currently polling ahead of Trump. He is not perfect, far from it, he is not who I wanted, but he is not a weak candidate.
-You vote for Joe Biden not because of Obama, because he is clearly way better than Trump. That's what everyone is trying to point out.
-Spare me this dog whistle about biracial black people, I said already I am not gonna entertain it. Kamala Harris is qualified, competent, and a progressive. Heer being chosen is not some "yeah black people vote for a face", but Biden showing once again that on a important decision, he can show good judgment.
-Dems are trying to regenite Obama 2008 because the Obama coalition is unbeatable politically. It is so diverse, it appeals to progressive and moderates, it gets young people to the polls. So of course the Dems want another Obama 2008. But they Dems are not just using minority representation to get that, they are trying to show groups they have the policy interest in their coalition. You want tangibles, they have tangibles, but it seems that you just want to circle back to an opinion you have already formed.

No one sees Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, or even the Democratic Party as saviors that will solve everything if just handed power, or perfect actors. But they are clearly better than the alternative. Biden is there to get Trump out, we need to get the Senate and drop the filibuster, we need to make DC and PR states so we can weak the political power of white voters, we need electoral and political reforms to make economic and social reforms easier to pass, we need get as many progressives as possible into office and all levels of government, we need to take advantage of the primary system to replace mainstream liberals with progressives, and centrist with mainstream liberals. We also need to hit the streets, run up in town halls and community meetings, and show at every election, and hold these fools accountable.

The Democratic Party is just a tool we need to use to build a more just society. So they don't need to be perfect right now, because we now have to push them to be better.

You my mans, and I understand your frustration, but I can't really rock with your argument.

We can agree to disagree, but I still have respect for you and your opinions.

And I will say I do feel bad for black folks in this race. It's like when you see someone going back to an abusive relationship over and over thinking things will be different this time.

Maybe I am a little jaded. But i hate to see it.

I was a child in the 90's.
To politicians and the police I was a super predator.

Back
Top Bottom