***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I’m believing more and more that AOC is the most likely to be the syncretic figure who can be able to appeal to all parts of the Democratic coalition. Compared to Bernie she is much more adroit at talking about race and gender and at the same time, her view of the economy at how power works is more leftist/Marxist than Bernie.

And it may not be the most data driven point but I’m extremely online and I see a lot of liberal fanart and they frequently will include AOC with liberal icons like RBG and Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama and Nancy Pelosi. People, who hate Bernie and Rashida and Ilhan, often times love AOC.

I’m believing more and more that AOC is the most likely to be the syncretic figure who can be able to appeal to all parts of the Democratic coalition. Compared to Bernie she is much more adroit at talking about race and gender and at the same time, her view of the economy at how power works is more leftist/Marxist than Bernie.

And it may not be the most data driven point but I’m extremely online and I see a lot of liberal fanart and they frequently will include AOC with liberal icons like RBG and Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama and Nancy Pelosi. People, who hate Bernie and Rashida and Ilhan, often times love AOC.

She's "radical left"

if dems win the senate and presidency, they need to not f around

AOC and a few others should be the future, but the republicans have already started to demonize her with the likes of the clintons, Obama and select few like elizabeth warren.. they just call a name and say whatever BS no matter how nonsensical it is

but if dems keep pussyfooting and trying to negotiate with that crew AOC and co might not be able to do the things they should be able to in just a few years because republicans have just gotten progressively worse and worse

republicans continue to move further right on issues and they ostracize those with deferring opinions internally

AOC was right when she spoke of the democratic party and the umbrella of views that they have to deal with internally and elsewhere they would likely be in different parties and come together on specific issues while opposing each other on others

republicans only care about them having power at all costs, principle only matters as it adheres to that

dems need to insure that voting is right and not a privilege.. insure that voting is accessible.. and that the representation is actually reflective of demographics (so independent boundary commissions)

if dems win the senate and presidency, they need to not f around

AOC and a few others should be the future, but the republicans have already started to demonize her with the likes of the clintons, Obama and select few like elizabeth warren.. they just call a name and say whatever BS no matter how nonsensical it is

but if dems keep pussyfooting and trying to negotiate with that crew AOC and co might not be able to do the things they should be able to in just a few years because republicans have just gotten progressively worse and worse

republicans continue to move further right on issues and they ostracize those with deferring opinions internally

AOC was right when she spoke of the democratic party and the umbrella of views that they have to deal with internally and elsewhere they would likely be in different parties and come together on specific issues while opposing each other on others

republicans only care about them having power at all costs, principle only matters as it adheres to that

dems need to insure that voting is right and not a privilege.. insure that voting is accessible.. and that the representation is actually reflective of demographics (so independent boundary commissions)

Voting rights and fairer representation must be the top priority. I don’t think that AOC and the other leftists in Congress will be an impediment to that. In the long run, the left would be the biggest winner.

If we have fair elections and representation of popular will translated accurately into Federal representation, the whole center of gravity will lurch leftward and it will redone who is electable and leftists can win many more primaries and subsequently get elected.

Voting rights and fairer representation must be the top priority. I don’t think that AOC and the other leftists in Congress will be an impediment to that. In the long run, the left would be the biggest winner.

If we have fair elections and representation of popular will translated accurately into Federal representation, the whole center of gravity will lurch leftward and it will redone who is electable and leftists can win many more primaries and subsequently get elected.

not saying AOC or certain others would be the problem.. I actually think the opposite (or hope the opposite) that they would be the ones to be the backbone of it happening should they gain control

they don’t seem passive and content with trying to work and come up with some BS compromise.. they need to legit make the right move towards the center if they want anything, instead of the right being to the extreme right and the dems having to come to the right to get shh done

not saying AOC or certain others would be the problem.. I actually think the opposite (or hope the opposite) that they would be the ones to be the backbone of it happening should they gain control

they don’t seem passive and content with trying to work and come up with some BS compromise.. they need to legit make the right move towards the center if they want anything, instead of the right being to the extreme right and the dems having to come to the right to get shh done

Right on,

I’m imagining a world where Democrats can be confident whomever they nominate will win so it’s a battle of who is the most left. Meanwhile, Republicans would be the ones who have to constantly temper their expectation and their primaries would be defined by Republicans policing each other and reminding Republicans, who go far right, that their message will turn off voters in the middle.

Assuming it’s an indictment, I’m guessing it’ll be that Clinesmith lawyer who falsified an email that was then added to the FISA application(s) for Carter Page.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/barr-durham-report-development-friday-election-timing
Barr teases Friday 'development' in Durham probe, says investigation won't be 'dictated to' by election
Attorney General says Connecticut prosecutor's investigation is 'moving along at the proper pace'

Excerpt:
Barr said that the development would not be "earth-shattering," but would be "an indication that things are moving along at the proper pace as dictated by the facts in this investigation."

Right on,

I’m imagining a world where Democrats can be confident whomever they nominate will win so it’s a battle of who is the most left. Meanwhile, Republicans would be the ones who have to constantly temper their expectation and their primaries would be defined by Republicans policing each other and reminding Republicans, who go far right, that their message will turn off voters in the middle.

need to get to a place where you can have genuine discussions and arguments

like gun control.. regulations are clearly needed, but as soon as you even start that conversation republicans jump to the extreme and nothing actually gets accomplished

but republicans need to take a hard look at themselves, Fox News too.. this whole covid thing should be an awakening, from out right disregarding it to the irresponsible coming up with BS cures, fighting the wearing of masks and disagreeing and fighting with scientists/science

Last edited:
r0x9jwk0xvg51.jpg

uuruzh1pdug51.jpg

Back
Top Bottom