***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Nah, not yet

it is so massive because of the stimulus bills. But Trump was running 1 trillion deficits already.

I think about this far more than I should, but does anyone else remember when Moody's randomly downgraded the US's debt during Obama's administration and every republican started freaking out like it was the end of times?

Now, here we are like 8 years later, deficits have been increasing every single year at alarming rates and these cowards at Moodys havent said a ****ing thing.

I can't say that CNN is as bad as FOX, but they can't help themselves when it comes to trying to appeal to the moderate white person in America. They'll acknowledge systemic inequalities and briefly touch on how we arrived there, but undo all of that by giving credence to conservative folks like Rick Santorum, who use deceptive and many times clearly false language to throw doubt into things like climate change and civil rights. They don't dig deep enough beneath the surface on the "why", and I presume that they're afraid it will sound "extremist". But we have an actual extremist in the WH and in multiple levels of gov't, so again, they show their clear bias towards being "moderate" when in reality, it's coddling folks to avoid tough conversations about the nation (which is a trend that America follows in lockstep). My beef is solely with folks like Tapper and Cuomo being blatantly obtuse towards certain issues/communities and their struggles, but full on advocates for others that are comparable. It's ok to have blind spots, but not at the expense of your coverage. Media plays a role in how America moves. They have a responsibility to be better, but they don't seem to care in the end because of $$$$$. IMO, of course.

I can't say that CNN is as bad as FOX, but they can't help themselves when it comes to trying to appeal to the moderate white person in America. They'll acknowledge systemic inequalities and briefly touch on how we arrived there, but undo all of that by giving credence to conservative folks like Rick Santorum, who use deceptive and many times clearly false language to throw doubt into things like climate change and civil rights. They don't dig deep enough beneath the surface on the "why", and I presume that they're afraid it will sound "extremist". But we have an actual extremist in the WH and in multiple levels of gov't, so again, they show their clear bias towards being "moderate" when in reality, it's coddling folks to avoid tough conversations about the nation (which is a trend that America follows in lockstep). My beef is solely with folks like Tapper and Cuomo being blatantly obtuse towards certain issues/communities and their struggles, but full on advocates for others that are comparable. It's ok to have blind spots, but not at the expense of your coverage. Media plays a role in how America moves. They have a responsibility to be better, but they don't seem to care in the end because of $$$$$. IMO, of course.
Oh yes, let me clarify my cnn statement. Fox News is pure garbage. Literal 24hr cycle of complete fake nonsense made by and for far right tin foil wearers. CNN is only similar in their production in a sense. They want to put on a show that’s equal to fox but based on facts. The over doing can be off putting but not intolerable. Fox News is nothing more than hate speech hidden behind white lingo

Last edited:
if someone is a known liar, you don’t have to continue to give that person a platform

look at Jason Miller, for example

you can have deferring political viewpoints on to actually discuss the issues without all the BS.. the job of the hosts should be to remove those individuals who clearly have no intent of actually bringing factual information to the public
Yes. Above all it’s dangerous. You bring in complete right wing idiots talking about MS-13 is going to kick your door in and you have more white people ready to shoot.
Look at the narrative now. Riots, death, “whole city on fire”, all false but they keep allowing people to go on tv and say it. Shut them up

I think about this far more than I should, but does anyone else remember when Moody's randomly downgraded the US's debt during Obama's administration and every republican started freaking out like it was the end of times?

Now, here we are like 8 years later, deficits have been increasing every single year at alarming rates and these cowards at Moodys havent said a ****ing thing.

That's because Moody's and their analysts only raise alarms about deficits and debt-spending when its tied to social spending. Indebtedness for the sake of corporate welfare is fine. It's a problem when debt is incurred to expand the social safety net beyond white elites.

yduoqag6g2s51.jpg

Is there like a Republican Gerrymandering course that's unavailable to the public that they all take once they decide to become involved in politics?

this is sick. they acknowledge the shift in voter ideology and, instead of carrying out the will of the majority, try to figure ways to stay in power to push their own ideologies.

Back
Top Bottom