***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Along with the reform act, this is one of the things you pointed toward, suggesting how progressive Trump is, right?
He is eliminating everything you've felt good about.

I recall pointing to the First Step Act, Fair Chance Act, record funding the HBCUs and a commitment towards a second chance act as progressive policies touted by this administration.

Well, enlighten me, I'm open mided, im black and young, tell me, or... explain to me why I should vote red, the benefits IN THIS CURRENT election. I don't care about the republican values of the past, I want to know why, as a young black man in TODAYS America, that voting republican is benefical for me (us).

BTW, I have a 3y/o that is black/spanish and my girl is latina. That plays a heavy role.

It's a serious question.

Great question. I plan to give a well-thought-out response to your question this evening or in the morning.

I recall pointing to the First Step Act, Fair Chance Act, record funding the HBCUs and a commitment towards a second chance act as progressive policies touted by this administration.
Well, the record funding to HBCU's won't matter now, will it? No funding, it's over!

Where are you getting this?
Did you read the article?

The definition is dangerously broad and clears the way for the government to hold businesses back from federal funding if they venture too far into reverse sociopolitical engineering of systems and cultures built by historical racism.

It could also allow for a nearly instant and horrific reversal of programs created to support historically Black colleges and universities. Compare the definition in this order to the federal definition of an HBCU:

The Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended, defines an HBCU as: "…any historically black college or university that was established prior to 1964, whose principal mission was, and is, the education of black Americans, and that is accredited by a nationally recognized accrediting agency or association determined by the Secretary [of Education] to be a reliable authority as to the quality of training offered or is, according to such an agency or association, making reasonable progress toward accreditation."
The disconnect between the two definitions allows for a straightforward interpretation of HBCUs, federally-designated colleges designed to reverse vestiges of slavery and Jim Crow policy, to now themselves be vestiges of discrimination against white students and professionals in higher education.

121231198_10222571099360131_1216536163863912288_n.jpg

Did you read the article?

The definition is dangerously broad and clears the way for the government to hold businesses back from federal funding if they venture too far into reverse sociopolitical engineering of systems and cultures built by historical racism.

It could also allow for a nearly instant and horrific reversal of programs created to support historically Black colleges and universities. Compare the definition in this order to the federal definition of an HBCU:

The disconnect between the two definitions allows for a straightforward interpretation of HBCUs, federally-designated colleges designed to reverse vestiges of slavery and Jim Crow policy, to now themselves be vestiges of discrimination against white students and professionals in higher education.

All of this is speculative impact vs. what is actually happening. Has funding been pulled or is this more a doomsday sky-is-falling potential scenario?

All of this is speculative impact vs. what is actually happening. Has funding been pulled or is this more a doomsday sky-is-falling potential scenario?
Are you kidding? I mean, really man?! Was this the sky is falling?!
"President Trump just made a major announcement that will surely have a huge impact on the diversity, equity and inclusion industry. Trump is now prohibiting federal agencies from conducting cultural sensitivity trainings because, according to the report, they are “divisive, anti-American propaganda.” Diversity trainings that focus on educating participants about white privilege, critical race theory and the racist origins of the United States apparently create “division and resentment” amongst federal employees. What is deeply problematic about this new ban is that the U.S. has a habit of avoiding the country’s dark and racist past. Evading the issue will not make it go away. "

It's all connected man, and you know it.

Back
Top Bottom