***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Are you kidding? I mean, really man?! Was this the sky is falling?!
"President Trump just made a major announcement that will surely have a huge impact on the diversity, equity and inclusion industry. Trump is now prohibiting federal agencies from conducting cultural sensitivity trainings because, according to the report, they are “divisive, anti-American propaganda.” Diversity trainings that focus on educating participants about white privilege, critical race theory and the racist origins of the United States apparently create “division and resentment” amongst federal employees. What is deeply problematic about this new ban is that the U.S. has a habit of avoiding the country’s dark and racist past. Evading the issue will not make it go away. "

It's all connected man, and you know it.

I said that I disagreed with the administrations decision earlier today. Don’t have to explain to me how ridiculous it is.

I only pushed back on your implication that it erases the record funding to HBCUs—it has not.

I said that I disagreed with the administrations decision earlier today. Don’t have to explain to me how ridiculous it is.

I only pushed back on your implication that it erases the record funding to HBCUs—it has not.
It WILL. Because if and when this passes, the schools will not have ACCESS to such funding in the future.

q3hsd6lfons51.jpg

Are you kidding? I mean, really man?! Was this the sky is falling?!
"President Trump just made a major announcement that will surely have a huge impact on the diversity, equity and inclusion industry. Trump is now prohibiting federal agencies from conducting cultural sensitivity trainings because, according to the report, they are “divisive, anti-American propaganda.” Diversity trainings that focus on educating participants about white privilege, critical race theory and the racist origins of the United States apparently create “division and resentment” amongst federal employees. What is deeply problematic about this new ban is that the U.S. has a habit of avoiding the country’s dark and racist past. Evading the issue will not make it go away. "

It's all connected man, and you know it.
How do his supports defend this? In what way is this beneficial at any capacity?

America was never better than Mexico or any other 3rd world country with its government. America was just better at hiding it
America benefited a lot from the outcome of WWII due to the fact that the mainland was out of reach from Japanese and German troops. It got 50 years of unquestioned global goodwill out of that (if you were in the west; it was a bit of a different story in democratically elected, leftist countries in Asia, Latin America, and Africa), started getting raised eyebrows around 2000, got a second chance in 2008, and squandered it all in 2016. Literally showed their *** to the world. There is no way to unsee the naked emperor now.

Still, I know I don't want to live in a world dominated by nations that don't even pretend to care about civil liberties and human rights (Russia/China).

Still, I know I don't want to live in a world dominated by nations that don't even pretend to care about civil liberties and human rights (Russia/China).
America is part of that Russia/China. So what if we can watch any YouTube video we want, it’s about to take me 6+ hours to vote while supposed pole watchers will be in attendance asked to do so by the president himself

It’s very clear what they’re doing. Pack the judiciary with conservative judges because they know the legislative branch is about to get swept out. Democrats are going to create legislation and the GOP is going to rely on its court packing efforts to strike down progressive legislation.

It’s very clear what they’re doing. Pack the judiciary with conservative judges because they know the legislative branch is about to get swept out. Democrats are going to create legislation and the GOP is going to rely on its court packing efforts to strike down progressive legislation.

conservative isn't a strong enough word. "extremist" would be more appropriate

extremists like ACB have no business on the Supreme Court. Republicans should be appointing moderate conservatives, as Democrats appoint moderate liberals. Senate confirmation should be easy if those norms are respected but obviously that ship has sailed until there is some reform

the goal should be to get 9 people who are not only extremely smart but also have the appropriate intuition, disposition and personality to effectively perform the supreme judicial function within our system of government. ACB and most of the judges the GOP are appointing don't come close to measuring up on these latter criteria

Man that’s sad but true. There’s going to be another after Trump and another cult that follows.

Its like how in sports they say "it's a copy cat league" it's the same with politics. Politicians who are lowkey racist and see how Trump was able to maneuver the last election by saying the right subtleties (sometimes not so subtle) and they'll feel they can easily mimick what he did and have a chance also.

America is part of that Russia/China. So what if we can watch any YouTube video we want, it’s about to take me 6+ hours to vote while supposed pole watchers will be in attendance asked to do so by the president himself
We're not quite in that group yet. However, that will change if Trump successfully contests the election and stays in the WH in January.

conservative isn't a strong enough word. "extremist" would be more appropriate

extremists like ACB have no business on the Supreme Court. Republicans should be appointing moderate conservatives, as Democrats appoint moderate liberals. Senate confirmation should be easy if those norms are respected but obviously that ship has sailed until there is some reform

the goal should be to get 9 people who are not only extremely smart but also have the appropriate intuition, disposition and personality to effectively perform the supreme judicial function within our system of government. ACB and most of the judges the GOP are appointing don't come close to measuring up on these latter criteria

Back
Top Bottom