OFFICIAL: PS3 SLIM Unveiled Today at GamesCom...$299 120GB NO BC 3.0 FW...9/1

Might cop.... have been wanting one for blu-ray.

i didnt read it all, was in hurry, gotta go...

anything this slim version lacks?

before i get it over the older one.

Gotta love all you salt lickers over the price drop and those posters saying Sony needs to lower the price again. LOL, I bet each person saying these thingshas a 360. As for the looks, just get the 80G, it is also 299 now.

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

the slim lacks the 4 usb ports only has two, the SD card and other card readers, and the touch sensing on/off and eject buttons

Originally Posted by 8tothe24

Gotta love all you salt lickers over the price drop and those posters saying Sony needs to lower the price again. LOL, I bet each person saying these things has a 360. As for the looks, just get the 80G, it is also 299 now.
finally somebody said it

Gotta love all you salt lickers over the price drop and those posters saying Sony needs to lower the price again. LOL, I bet each person saying these things has a 360. As for the looks, just get the 80G, it is also 299 now.
What CHEAP dudes complaining?
eek.gif
roll.gif

Dudes kill me, "the PS3 cost too much" but they just bought a hundreds of dollars worth of shoes and clothes.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by sole vintage

the slim lacks the 4 usb ports only has two, the SD card and other card readers, and the touch sensing on/off and eject buttons
yeah, but those are the older models, pretty sure the slim lacks nothing in regards to the current 80gb/160gb models, its lacks the touch sensingbut it still has the buttons

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Originally Posted by RKO2004

[table][tr][td]
804109b.jpg

clear.gif

[/td] [td]
clear.gif
[/td] [td] [table][tr][td]
header_prod_Newshorter.gif
[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]
clear.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]$54.99[/td] [td]Add to Wish List[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Pre-order Ships 9/1/2009
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=75676#[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]
icon_prod_info.gif
[/td] [td]Billing does not occur until shipment is processed.
Pre-order low price guarantee. More info.
Pre-order to receive date change notifications.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
clear.gif
[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]
804108b.jpg

clear.gif

[/td] [td]
clear.gif
header_prod_Newshorter.gif
[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]
clear.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]$54.99[/td] [td]Add to Wish List[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Pre-order Ships 8/25/2009
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=75672#[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]
icon_prod_info.gif
[/td] [td]Billing does not occur until shipment is processed.
Pre-order low price guarantee. More info.
Pre-order to receive date change notifications.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
clear.gif
[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table]
pimp.gif

cool, didn't know about this
804015b.jpg
anyone know if the white one will ever release state side?

[h3]Do we need to stop yapping about backwards compatibility?[/h3]
"It's not coming back, so let me put that on the table," [John] Koller says with an air of finality. But it's all people ever talk about!

"It's not as big as a purchase intent driver as you may be hearing," he claimed. "We've got such a substantial lineup of titles on the PS3; most people are buying the PS3 for PS3 games. They've buying it for PS3 games and Blu-ray movies."

"That won't be returning," he repeats.

i think we will see some form in the future, just not sure how it will come about

[h2]PS3 Slim sized up: smaller, deeper, no Linux or PS2 compatibility[/h2]
by Ross Miller posted Aug 18th 2009 at 4:31PM
[table][tr][th=""]
[/th] [th=""]
ps3-slim-120gb-rm-eng-2.jpg

120GB PS3 Slim
[/th] [th=""]
160gb-bundle-ps3-rm-eng.jpg

160GB PS3
[/th] [th=""]
80gb-ps3-bundle-rm-eng.jpg

80GB PS3
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]Product code[/td] [td]CECH-2000A[/td] [td]CECH-Pxx[/td] [td]CECH-Kxx / CECH-Lxx[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Price[/td] [td]$299.99[/td] [td]$399.99[/td] [td]$299.99[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Color[/td] [td]Matte Black[/td] [td]Piano Black (Glossy)[/td] [td]Piano Black (Glossy)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]HDD[/td] [td]120GB 2.5-inch SATA[/td] [td]160GB 2.5-inch SATA[/td] [td]80GB 2.5-inch SATA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Dimensions[/td] [td]11.42 x 2.56 x 11.42 in.[/td] [td]12.75 x 3.86 x 10.8 in.[/td] [td]12.75 x 3.86 x 10.8 in.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Weight[/td] [td]7.05 lb.[/td] [td]11 lb.[/td] [td]11 lb.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Power[/td] [td]250W[/td] [td]280W[/td] [td]280W[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Vertical Stand[/td] [td]Optional ($24)[/td] [td]Not necessary[/td] [td]Not necessary[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Compatibility[/td] [td]PSOne[/td] [td]PSOne, Linux[/td] [td]PSOne, Linux[/td] [/tr][tr][td]PS2 compat?[/td] [td]No[/td] [td]No[/td] [td]No[/td] [/tr][tr][td]BRAVIA Sync (HDMI-CEC)[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td]No[/td] [td]No[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Bundle[/td] [td]Wireless DualShock 3 controller[/td] [td]Wireless DualShock 3 controller, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, PAIN downloadable game voucher[/td] [td]Wireless DualShock 3 controller[/td] [/tr][/table] At this point, would-be PlayStation 3 buyers have two options: wait until next month to get the ultra-hip PS3 Slim model for $300, or plop down that same figure now for its chunkier older brother. As far as we cantell, unless you're absolutely dying to load Linux or another OS on top of the console, or have some strong aversion to matte finishes, there's reallyno incentive to purchase one right now without a more drastic price cut -- or if you're really lucky, perhaps you can find one of the older, discontinuedmodels that can still play PS2 games.
from engadget

Originally Posted by YDBoUnCe

Mamba MVP wrote:

Finally...I will cop, but I may get the original cause it looks better

roll.gif

Yes folks lets cop a system not based on its hardware or capabilites but the way it looks.
roll.gif

I swear NT
grin.gif

SMH

That is what I am thinking while reading this thread...

NTers
smh.gif

i dont keep up w/ ps3, whats linux?

is it a deal breaker?

plus i like the matte finish, not as much of a dust attracter as the gloss.

finally somebody said it

Xbox 360 Elite $399 + XBL $50 = $449

PS3 (starting of today) = $299
laugh.gif

*waiting for Xbox fanboy XBL>>>>>>PS3*

Originally Posted by i3allistic

finally somebody said it

laugh.gif

Its probably going down to $299 as well but its still cost more overall period.

Elite + Live/Wifi is still more. But hey we all know PS3 is only a blu-ray player so the argument is already lost no matter what.
eyes.gif

wow people are really complaining about looks??? haha

And people act like they don't own a ps2 for their old ps2 games. My ps2 is still in use.

Originally Posted by i3allistic

finally somebody said it

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

thats for the best 360 and different color.

the arcade is 200 bucks

i dont keep up w/ ps3, whats linux?

is it a deal breaker?

plus i like the matte finish, not as much of a dust attracter as the gloss.

linux is an OS, one that's highly customizable

i have it installed on my 60gig only because when i first got it i didn't have a pc/laptop

basically preference- but i'm assuming u didn't know what linux is then it really shouldn't be a deal breaker.

Back
Top Bottom