OFFICIAL: PS3 SLIM Unveiled Today at GamesCom...$299 120GB NO BC 3.0 FW...9/1

I think it looks fine.

The price is appealing to me now, so its time for me to buy a PS3.

Originally Posted by torontoRaptor15

Originally Posted by KeVeNMaYnE

I dont get it, Why would ANYONE buy an 80gig big body for 300 when the slim is the same price but smaller and has 40 more gigs???

A lot of the 80GBs come in a bundle with multiple free games/blu ray movies. Plus the Slim looks like trash and not expensive hardware like it should. I'm not surprised if Sony cheaped out on parts inside and out to save money based on it's selling price.

Plus, seeing this is a new piece of hardware, the reliability is unknown at this point. We all know that the PS3 Fat is very reliable.
I'm sure it is using the 45nm, which is why it runs cooler. And it's not like they've done this before. The PS1/PS2 slim were just asreliable as their OG versions... It's crazy how soon this came out though... Almost 3 years old and it's slimmed down now.

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

all those nerds in that vid
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
"it's much more dainty."

Finally...I will cop, but I may get the original cause it looks better

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

roll.gif

Yes folks lets cop a system not based on its hardware or capabilites but the way it looks.
roll.gif

I swear NT
grin.gif

SMH

Doesn't the 80GB one have backwards compatibility though? Cause the Slim doesn't and I have a TON of PS2 games collecting dust that I would still liketo play.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by nnarum

Originally Posted by KeVeNMaYnE

I dont get it, Why would ANYONE buy an 80gig big body for 300 when the slim is the same price but smaller and has 40 more gigs???

A lot of the 80GBs come in a bundle with multiple free games/blu ray movies. Plus the Slim looks like trash and not expensive hardware like it should. I'm not surprised if Sony cheaped out on parts inside and out to save money based on it's selling price.

Plus, seeing this is a new piece of hardware, the reliability is unknown at this point. We all know that the PS3 Fat is very reliable.
I'm sure it is using the 45nm, which is why it runs cooler. And it's not like they've done this before. The PS1/PS2 slim were just as reliable as their OG versions... It's crazy how soon this came out though... Almost 3 years old and it's slimmed down now.

I don't anticipate any problems with the Slim but there's always a chance something goes wrong. Just look at the difference in reliability betweenXbox1 and the 360. Yes, it's completely new hardware but they should have enough experience to create something a lot more reliable than the 360. Plus,even after all this time, MS is still having huge problems with 360 failure.

I'll take something to be known as reliable over something new and it's reliability unknown any day, especially with expensive hardware such as this.

Doesn't the 80GB one have backwards compatibility though? Cause the Slim doesn't and I have a TON of PS2 games collecting dust that I would still like to play.
grin.gif
Nope. I don't think the 80GB or the Slim have it.

Originally Posted by YDBoUnCe

roll.gif

Yes folks lets cop a system not based on its hardware or capabilites but the way it looks.
roll.gif

I swear NT
grin.gif

SMH
Like it or not, appearance is a big factor in any electronics purchase, especially with more expensive electronics. It's not like the Slim isa huge improvement over the Fat. It's lighter/smaller and consumes less power. That's it. It's not like the games will look any better. Ifthere were more improvements, I'm sure many more people would consider it over the original.

roll.gif

roll.gif

I swear NT
grin.gif

SMH
Like it or not, appearance is a big factor in any electronics purchase, especially with more expensive electronics. It's not like the Slim is a huge improvement over the Fat. It's lighter/smaller and consumes less power. That's it. It's not like the games will look any better. If there were more improvements, I'm sure many more people would consider it over the original.
Appearance is important, but not important enough like purchasing a car now. Like you said, it's how the games look anyways. Lighter, smaller,less power, and hopefully less overheating = a win for me. And yes, 40GB advantage isn't that biggie...

roll.gif

roll.gif

I swear NT
grin.gif

SMH
Like it or not, appearance is a big factor in any electronics purchase, especially with more expensive electronics. It's not like the Slim is a huge improvement over the Fat. It's lighter/smaller and consumes less power. That's it. It's not like the games will look any better. If there were more improvements, I'm sure many more people would consider it over the original.
Thats a huge improvement for me

Originally Posted by undefinedinc

roll.gif

roll.gif

I swear NT
grin.gif

SMH
That's why I'm indecisive.

I like the touch buttons on mine and the ability to play old ps2 games. Matter of fact, I'm going to finish playin' Bully, which I started again acouple days ago.

I agree with some people here...

The original ps3 looks better...Sure the ps3 slim is smaller but they definitely took out all the highlights to it's appearance.

To all those that don't have a ps3 already it's a good thing for you that this is coming out, I would get it. But to those that already do have it, ohwell...it's easy to upgrade the hard drive anyways.

I really do hope that ps3 sales go up due to this and save this system because as hard of time it is to sell these machines it is one of the premium gamingconsoles out there.

Originally Posted by undefinedinc

roll.gif

roll.gif

I swear NT
grin.gif

SMH
Actually, the 30% less power consumption Sony quoted was based on the original PS3s. The current 80 and 160GB versions have a power consumptionof 280w, while the Slim has a power consumption of 250w, so there is only about a 10% difference, which isn't very much.

In my opinion.. it looks cheap. Somehow, the older one looks better. Oh and No B/C? F yourself.

Back
Top Bottom