Official Raptors Season Thread [41-41]

Good looks Carlos.

The Dixon/Martin idea is intresting, BC could get some inquries from teams looking to fre up cap room with Matrinx expering contract.

I dont see anything significant getting done, maybe nothing at all. Martin's contract is for the veteran's minimum so even if he's traded withDixon we're looking at getting a $4 million player in return.

Im all for it.

laugh.gif
guys on the score already stole it.

Cabbie on NT = Cabbie on the score?

Good move by BC.

Dixon didnt play nearly enough to keep around. I think if the situation comes up where TJ cant go, and Jose needs a breather, Delfino will fill in at point. Ifnot him, Parker. We have "bigger" point guards in shooting guards body's. If worse comes to worse with that, then we use Martin... for like twominutes.

Glad to see we get a big who can rebound. He just really hasnt been given a chance to go out and play heavy minutes. We dont need someone who needs to logminutes, just to board. Good move by BC.

Crap for crap. Brezec better get real comfy next to Maceo Baston.

Expect Swirsky to call this trade "brilliant" tomorrow and applaud Colangelo for "stealing" another player from the Pistons.

The one thing Brezec might be able to provide is 6 fouls come playoff time.

Trade made no sense unless Brezec gets back to his '06 year when he had a career year.

It's not that big of a deal, both guys are unrestricted free agents in the summer. I think Dumars + Colangelo are good guys for trying to get these 2 somemore playing time and help them get decent contracts with other teams in the summer.

Brezec hasn't been getting the minutes to put up those numbers he did before. The thing is, he won't get em here either.

Apparently Juan didn't want to be here anymore so that played a part in trading him.

wow.

colangelo is genius!

we needed interior defense and we got....................a big who can kinda sorta score the ball a little
eyes.gif

i think it would have better to just keep dixon as a insurance policy for tj.

i really think the raps could have made a move with bargs.

they would still have maintained a lot of offense while possibly acquiring a quality interior defender.

Originally Posted by checkoutmygrill

im curious...besides okafor, who would you trade Bargnani for at this point?

I still believe that Bargnani has the ability to be an elite player but with his teammates ignoring him and Sam Mitchell's loopy offense he probablywould do better if he played in Charlotte as the actual number two option.

I like the trade. It's low risk. Having another 7-footer on the team for an undersized SG doesn't hurt.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Originally Posted by checkoutmygrill

im curious...besides okafor, who would you trade Bargnani for at this point?

I still believe that Bargnani has the ability to be an elite player but with his teammates ignoring him and Sam Mitchell's loopy offense he probably would do better if he played in Charlotte as the actual number two option.
I also agree. He just needs time.

As for our point guard players, say TJ is out, we can use Delfino and Parker to play the 1 spot for the time that Jose needs a breather. I like the move. Itsnot earth shattering, but it will help the bigs enough to make a difference to our rebounding problem.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Bosh just ended that interview with:

"...........................go raps."

i think he panicked cuz he just said the raptors need more players like primoz.

the more i look at bosh the more im convinced he was cloned from DNA taken from a prehistoric mosquito trapped in tree amber.

Brezec fits in our system. He is a big guy, that feels comfortable with the number of Europeans that we have on the team.

We shouldnt have lost to New York, but I had that feeling on friday that we were going to lose. Sunday, different story.

Now, we must, and I repeat, MUST, get all the W's that are out there. Mainly against those teams that we know we should beat down with a quickness.February was a schedual that we should have gone 10-2, but right now we are 5-4. We have to close out the month with 4 (or 3) W's. We have the schedual todo that, its just a matter of carrying it out.

Personally, I would like to end up 4th in the WC. Reason being, I wouldnt want to face Detroit in the second round of the playoffs. I would rather see Boston.However, if that depends on a matchup with either Orlando or Cleveland in the first round, then that is a different story. But basically, we have to avoidDetroit as much as possible in the WCPlayoffs.

Anyway, good win against New York today, and hopefully its a start of things to come.

Personally, I would like to end up 4th in the WC. Reason being, I wouldnt want to face Detroit in the second round of the playoffs. I would rather see Boston. However, if that depends on a matchup with either Orlando or Cleveland in the first round, then that is a different story. But basically, we have to avoid Detroit as much as possible in the WCPlayoffs.
Dont worry, we're not getting past the first round. 0% chance we beat The LeBrons.

I have pictures from all star weekend that are good if you want. I can post them in here if you want to take a look.

But avys? I have no avy maker or what you have it.

I know OKB made me a real good one last year.

and Carlos, in a 7 game series, I think we can beat the Cavs. Same with Orlando.

Back
Top Bottom