Official Raptors Season Thread [41-41]

^^ I disagree, I don't think we could beat Cleveland in a 7 game series as much as I want to see it. Washington and Orlando would be more suitable for us.

So apparently Brezec learned English from Stephen Jackson, Ron Artest, Jermaine O'Neal and Jamal Tinsley. He talks in slang and everything. Kinda like thatdude Ivan from that Damon Wayans movie Celtic Pride.

Thing is, against Bron, two things happen.

We either key on him very well, and limit the amount of points he gets.
Or he goes off on us more than you could imagine.

In the past, we have had good games against Lebron, UNTIL Ms. Chris Bosh decided to egg him on. Before that, we had Lebron missing easy dunks, making him taketough shots, etc. We can beat them, I would just rather not see them in the playoffs. Orlando, we could take. Same with Washington. So... hope for us to takethe 4 spot, and hope Orlando takes 5? I could live with that... wait that cant happen. Orlando would take the 4 spot, since they are the conference leader...and then we take... im hoping for 5th. I would rather play Boston than Detroit in the second round.

knicks....
smh.gif

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

I have pictures from all star weekend that are good if you want. I can post them in here if you want to take a look.

But avys? I have no avy maker or what you have it.

I know OKB made me a real good one last year.

and Carlos, in a 7 game series, I think we can beat the Cavs. Same with Orlando.

post them pics up dude.

and orlando, i agree cuz kryptonite would most likely dookie all over howard for most of the series.

cavs is a tougher call tho.

Ill post them up when I get home. lol. From what I said, it sounded like I actually went to the game and festivities. I DID NOT go to those. I do have pictureson the internet tho, that I will post up to save some time.

Im at school for the rest of the day, so late LATE tonight, Ill post them up.

I still think we can beat the Cavs.

Soooo, question.

Is John Lucas now a member of the Raptor Coaching Staff? I see him sitting with all the coaches at games, and he is talked about alot durring the Raptor games.I know he helps TJ out with his training, but is he now a member of the staff?

Just a few things to add to the game today.

Congrats to Bosh on becoming 2nd highest scorer in franchise history.
Kapono is playing well, him and TJ are getting a good groove together
Moon is getting better at his D
Primoz has his jersey on seventeen sizes too big. And hes a G out there

Things are looking good in Raptor Land
smile.gif

Directly from the Raptors Game Notes on their website:

THEY CALL HIM MR. FRANCHISE….
Forward Chris Bosh became the Raptors all-time career leader in blocked shots Dec. 21 at Seattle when he broke a tie with Vince Carter. Earlier this month Bosh became the franchise leader in rebounds (December 18, 2007) when he passed Antonio Davis' mark of 2,839. Bosh is already the team's all-time leader in double-double and defensive rebounds. Bosh also set the franchise mark in free throws made and attempted January 16 during a 116-91 win over Sacramento.

Total Rebounds
1. Chris Bosh 3112
2. Antonio Davis 2839
3. Vince Carter 2091
4. Morris Peterson 2064
5. Charles Oakley 1655

Blocks
1. Chris Bosh 443
2. Vince Carter 415
3. Antonio Davis 405
4. Marcus Camby 360
5. Tracy McGrady 278

FTM
1. Chris Bosh 1920
2. Vince Carter 1784
3. Antonio Davis 1156
4. Morris Peterson 1015
5. Doug Christie 953

FTA
1. Chris Bosh 2432
2. Vince Carter 2277
3. Antonio Davis 1501
4. Morris Peterson 1298
5. Doug Christie 1166

Offensive Rebounds
1. Antonio Davis 957
2. Chris Bosh 914
3. Vince Carter 740
4. Morris Peterson 503
5. Jerome Williams 466

2. Chris Bosh 6521
3. Morris Peterson 6498
4. Doug Christie 4448
5. Antonio Davis 3994

So Bosh has a bit of a ways to go
laugh.gif

Its crazy to see such a difference between the likes of Bosh and Lebron. Lebron gets his 10,000th point tonight, and Bosh just breaks 6500
Crazy stuff.

(TORONTO) -- Exile and return course through every pro sports team. Injured players generally withdraw subtly from the group or go home altogether. They are ghosts on the roster and the scenario intensifies if the injury is a recurring one.

Exile and return course through every pro sports team. Injured players generally withdraw subtly from the group or go home altogether. They are ghosts on the roster and the scenario intensifies if the injury is a recurring one.

Betrayed by their bodies, they feel culled from the herd and although they are immensely welcome - every teammate has experienced injury and the terrifying isolation it brings - they know better than to be prominent.

Only after all the other players had run the Raptors practice court did Jorge Garbajosa shed his crutches and push a few shots toward the rim.

He did so as gingerly as he could, often lifting his battered left leg and angle as if to remove the temptation to jump.

/media/raptors/SEA_garbo_floater_350.jpg Eleven weeks after surgery to repair his leg, this marked Garbajosa's second trip on the court. He tried his luck quietly on Wednesday but when the media spied him shooting on Thursday, the jig was up.

Before facing the cameras, Garbajosa handed his crutches to team officials.

He hates the sight of the crutches and won't be photographed beside them. For that reason, he is reluctant to go to home games.

Garbajosa was originally injured 11 months ago. He returned to play internationally last September but consented to another round of surgery in December.

It has been, he said, a very tough time.

"It's really hard. At the beginning when you start the rehab you don't know what you have to do and you're excited because you are taking a step ahead now. I know everything that I have to do. It's hard to concentrate and motivate and come back again but I have a lot of help from my family, coaches, teammates, the team, to keep my head up."

Garbajosa will not be back this year but the combination of a serious leg injury and limitless time to worry about it is a wicked combination. The antidote: progress, no matter how incremental.

"The days are going by and I'm feeling better," said Garbajosa. "It's not enough. It's just the second day where I can just stand a little bit. It's isn't a big change but for me it's very important."

T.J. Ford understands. The isolation. The doubt. All of it.

He lost 24 games to a stinger that traces back to a spinal condition. He has already lost one season to the condition and this time, he wondered if coming back was worth the risk. He nods when the crutches are mentioned.

"That's anybody. Nobody wants anybody to see them like that. Trust me, when I was hurt, I would stay in the house. If I had to go somewhere I went but it wasn't something where I would be doing public appearances."

Outside there was always the remarks. You look good. You look thin. How is the injury? When do you think you're coming back?

A recurring injury is definitely harder, Ford said.

"It's stressful man. It's stressful because you're out for a long period of time. You're still part of the team but you're not really part of the team. You're not interactive with everything that goes on day to day. You have more free time although your mind wanders. It's hard to watch basketball. It's hard to be a part of everything that goes with it."
Garbo back at practice!!! CHEA!

Small news. Not really that important.

Lucas Hired As Basketball Development Consultant

The Toronto Raptors announced Friday they have hired John Lucas as a basketball development consultant for the remainder of the 2007-08 season. He will assist the coaching staff with the development of the players' on-court skills.

Lucas, 54, was the first overall pick in the 1976 NBA Draft by the Houston Rockets. He played with six teams during his 14-year NBA career from 1976-90. He has also served as a head coach with San Antonio, Philadelphia and Cleveland, as well as an assistant coach with Denver.

John Lucas was the dude who helped TJ Ford train and get back into shape.

^ so is he now an official member of the Toronto Raptor staff?
I know he was helping TJ out personally. Nice to see the Raptors give him a job.

So were on a two game slide against bad teams... oh well, cant win them all. Might as well get that out of our system now instead of the playoffs.

It just shows how badly we need Bosh in the lineup to have a chance to win games.

I dont know what in God's name is going on, but we gotta change something that were doing.
The past five games, a slow start. They have produced two wins, and three straight losses.
This is getting Cot Damn ridiculous. I think I'm not the only one that is pissed off to hell about how we have been playing of late.

If we dont win against Miami tomorrow, heads will roll.

i didnt want to make a seperate thread, but does anyone have a video of the tj ford crossover against orlando?

So we are on a slide of late without Bosh. It looks like its almost final that we are going to fit into the five spot, meaning to start cheering for the Cavsto win games, and Orlando to start losing.

Bosh, make sure your healthy, but come back as soon as possible. Even thought I havent been able to watch many games, I am getting really rattled with theslide we are presently on.

And I think TJ is getting paid by the shot since he came back. Dude is just letting them fly
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom