Official Raptors Season Thread [41-41]

1000th game on friday
Kapono to be in the 3 point shootout
Moon to be in the dunk contest

Lots of positives in Toronto this week
smile.gif

That game made me realize how damn fast TJ really is...

Also it seems to me that during regular season games TJ would be the better point but when you have to do playoff half court basketball I'd much ratherhave Calderon...

We really have to win games against teams that are below .500, regardless of conference. If we want to place near 4/5/6, we have to keep winning against teamsthat are lower than us.

Nothing seemed to work for us tonight against the clips. Just gotta move on. We MUST beat the Wolves.

A few things to comment on.

One, Sam will be gone until after the all star break because of personal reasons. His father-in-law passed away, and is spending time with family.

Two, did you know that Jay Triano grows a goat-tee if the raptors dont win?
laugh.gif
I found it funny

Man, we should be so much better this month. We should honestly lose only 2 games (San Antonio, Lakers), and we've already lost 3 games out of 5. C'monRaps, get it together. Go on the run that pushes us up to the four/five spot for good!

Crappy game for Bosh. He seriously needs to stop settling for jumpers. We have enough jump shooters on the team as it is.

Really good position were in going into the All Star Break. We have played great basketball over the past three games. As long as we can keep that energy upthe rest of the way, we will be looking good for the playoffs.

CHEA!

On to Jamario winning the dunk contest, Kapono owning the three point shootout, and either Bargs or Moon coming out with the W on friday night
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

Raps are pretty much locked into the 4th or 5th seed in the East, we know we're going to play Orlando or Cleveland in the playoffs, I dont think the Rapscan currently beat either team in a 7-game series, hopefully Colangelo has a few tricks up his sleeve.

Is it just me, or did Andrea seem even faster than normal durring the Rook/Soph game?

I know I wanted the rooks to win b/c of Jamario, but Andrea looked real good to start off the game. You can just tell that Andrea is going to give us somethingfun to watch the rest of the season, thats forsure.

Well, overall, the Raptors were well represented in All Star Weekend.

Bargs and Moon had good games in the Rook/Soph game
Moon got ROBBED to go to the final in the DC
Kapono was LIGHTS OUT
and Bosh had a solid 14 in the game.

Well represented.

im still kinda mad that jamario was given NO respect by the judges. props to kapono, knew he was gonna take that one. i think andrea needs to realize that hisjob is spread the floor on offense and take QUALITY shots. too many times i see him get a pass behind the 3 line, pass up the open 3, and just put his headdown and throw up some crazy $!#+. that ability will come naturally with more playing time, but i think he is most valuable on offense when he's able tospread the floor.

btw did anyone see bargs D up durant on a few possessions? stayed with him both times and forced him into tough jumpers. obviously, it was an exhibition, butstill nice to see

^the tape dunk would have been much better if he hadnt hyped it up so much with the tape and the youtube video.
that first dunk was a solid 9.
No way Moons first 2 dunks were better than Greens and Howards

The problem with the tape dunk was the fact that he had Kapono bounce it to him. If he literally had the ball waiting for him at the rim, he could have done itperfectly.

Oh well, a good weekend all around, thats forsure.

Juan Dixon requested a trade, BC has 4 days to pull something off. Dixon's only making $3 mill this year so I dont expect anyone significant in return.There have been talks that Dixon might get packaged with Graham or Hump in order to get a player in return making $5-$6 mill.

We could really use a rebounding big man, I still cant see this team winning a playoff round when we're always getting dominated in the paint.

getting rid of humphries,graham and dixon would be a GREAT move,hopefully we can get a quality backup for them.

^i like the way humphries plays.

he's not all that consistent but thats because he's just not all that talented.

however he's athletic enough and he'll bring it hard on the glass every night tho and getting rid of player whose strengths are the raptors weaknesseswoulnt exactly be intelligent.

Humph isnt the strongest guy out there, and doesnt grab every board, but what he lacks in talent, makes up for in hustle. You cant teach a guy to play likethat.

I have been expecting all year for a Dixon and Graham trade. I would put money on it that they ship those guys for a rebounding big man... Stro Swift?
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom