Official: Red Dead Redemption 2 Thread: Releasing 10-26-18

Which Console Will You Buy This Game For

• Total voters
SwFlWQ2l.jpg

3qXQeyrl.jpg

Last edited:
yea i dont care about a map either. the box sounds kinds of cool though. i use the one that came with my gold edition GTA V. I may just get whatever the middle one is. I really just want the extra missions and clothes or weapons or whatever. Anyone bored and feel like posting what each one comes with, be my guest.
I don’t think the version with the box even comes with the game. At least I haven’t seen it in any of the pictures

Most people in here come Thursday 9pm pacific time/ midnight eastern time when the digital game unlocks on PS4 or XB1 or people after they pick up their physical copy of the game from whatever store gonna be like this.

:lol:

3695279A-EED0-43EC-A651-A778EADBDE72.jpeg

That is background on the game when you click down on the digital game or use the analog stick to click down from the PS4 XMB menu.

It also plays a short little cool background music.

Alright so this is how big the HYPE for the game is.

I went to my local gamsetop store today. The manager said this store had 400 pre orders for the game and that you had to show up on Thursday starting at 3pm to start the process of finalizing your pre order by paying off and getting your final recipt and that determines which group priority you are in to get in the store and pick up your copy of the game and get out of there.The store manager said to expect a 2 hour wait on release night.Yes I know this may vary based on where people live and how big of a town and city you live in.

Now I’m glad I actually ended up pre ordering and have the digital ultimate edition for PS4 pre loaded and ready to play one it unlocks at 9pm pacific time on the 25th :lol:

Oh and only the physical disc ultimate edition which is $99 and exclusive to gamestop comes with the steel book. Special edition does not have it but has the physical map.

Last edited:
yea i dont care about a map either. the box sounds kinds of cool though. i use the one that came with my gold edition GTA V. I may just get whatever the middle one is. I really just want the extra missions and clothes or weapons or whatever. Anyone bored and feel like posting what each one comes with, be my guest.

Go with the special edition. It has the same DLC: extra story robbery missions, the war horse dlc, extra unlocked weaponss, outfits and a physical map if u get the disc copy of the special edition.

Alright so this is how big the HYPE for the game is.

I went to my local gamsetop store today. The manager said this store had 400 pre orders for the game and that you had to show up on Thursday starting at 3pm to start the process of finalizing your pre order by paying off and getting your final recipt and that determines which group priority you are in to get in the store and pick up your copy of the game and get out of there.The store manager said to expect a 2 hour wait on release night.Yes I know this may vary based on where people live and how big of a town and city you live in.

Now I’m glad I actually ended up pre ordering and have the digital ultimate edition for PS4 pre loaded and ready to play one it unlocks at 9pm pacific time on the 25th :lol:

Oh and only the physical disc ultimate edition which is $99 and exclusive to gamestop comes with the steel book. Special edition does not have it but has the physical map.

Gonna have to go on my break to finalize my order. Now tryna wait

Damn, normal edition doesn’t come with a physical map? Winder if I can switch out for SE in the store. Not the end of the world but I’d pay extra just for that :lol: #teampetty

Got 100% on the first one after many weeks of playing and searching weeks for clues.

Maybe I've just gotten older and out of video games, but what's the lasting appeal here?

Also beat a few gtas at 100%. But I also played rdr 1 online and got to 100 lvl (same with GTA v). But pretty much over night, the lasting appeal was gone.
Not to say it's not worth $60-$100, as I easily played 100 plus hours years ago. I haven't seen what their plan is for a lasting appeal. The free dlc on GTA and rdr lasted a good week before it was dead.

Not trying to be a Debby downer but beyond some really awesome longevity driven % missions, how is this better than other R* games? Maybe I'm missing the memo.

I just don't see how this one is much different from the original.

Got 100% on the first one after many weeks of playing and searching weeks for clues.

Maybe I've just gotten older and out of video games, but what's the lasting appeal here?

Also beat a few gtas at 100%. But I also played rdr 1 online and got to 100 lvl (same with GTA v). But pretty much over night, the lasting appeal was gone.
Not to say it's not worth $60-$100, as I easily played 100 plus hours years ago. I haven't seen what their plan is for a lasting appeal. The free dlc on GTA and rdr lasted a good week before it was dead.

Not trying to be a Debby downer but beyond some really awesome longevity driven % missions, how is this better than other R* games? Maybe I'm missing the memo.

Based on the first game...

Story
Hours played to price ratio
Gameplay - Way better than any GTA Ive ever played.
Missions - more diverse than GTA
Sequel to one of the best games ever made
List goes on brah....I came out of video game retirement for this game.

Based on the first game...

Story
Hours played to price ratio
Gameplay - Way better than any GTA Ive ever played.
Missions - more diverse than GTA
Sequel to one of the best games ever made
List goes on brah....I came out of video game retirement for this game.
Literally bought only NBA 2k14and may need a new system for this. Price point for regular pickup to enjoyment level is absurd. Not hating. Just trying to grasp if it's truly different or all new internet hype.

im like pre hdr Xbox one. So this hype is sorta getting to me. Lol

Pre ordered special edition on Amazon yesterday. My body is ready.

You should check and see what amazon's eta for delivery is. People on here, resetera, reddit and other forums are saying they are getting emails from amazon saying the game won't ship and won't be delivered on release date the 26th.

I personally stopped buying video games from Amazon a long time ago because of this.

So you might want to consider pre ordering with: Best Buy, Gamestop, Target, Walmart etc. Or pre ordering and start the pre download now with the digital version off PSN or Xbox Live.

You should check and see what amazon's eta for delivery is. People on here, resetera, reddit and other forums are saying they are getting emails from amazon saying the game won't ship and delivered on release date the 26th.

I personally stopped buying from Amazon a long time ago because of this.

So you might want to consider pre ordering with: Best Buy, Gamestop, Target, Walmart etc. Or pre ordering and start the pre download now with the digital version off PSN or Xbox Live.

Hmm interesting, I will look into this.

Literally bought only NBA 2k14and may need a new system for this. Price point for regular pickup to enjoyment level is absurd. Not hating. Just trying to grasp if it's truly different or all new internet hype.

im like pre hdr Xbox one. So this hype is sorta getting to me. Lol

red-dead-redemption-2-ps4-pro-bundle-hero-product-01-ps4-us-19sep18

Trade in your XB1 towards this and it should at least get you $100 towards that bundle at Gamestop.

giphy.gif

You also know most of the NT crew is going to be more on PS4 for RDR Online compared to XB1 side :lol:

100 plus hours of greatness is worth any price to me really. Lasting appeal? Like do I expect this game to take me into the afterlife? No, it’s just gonna be a fun game man haha

And add me to the list of people coming out of gaming retirement for this one. Last video game I played was either Skyrim or modern warfare 2 on Xbox 360 :lol:

Ordered an 1 tb HDD for my PS4, so I can just have more space.
Worried about my PS4, and trying to brace myself for if it can handle RDR.
it's the Uncharted 4 gray/blue one, I bought it used and it runs like a dream, but I've only been playing 2k19 and UC4, kinda heavily and it doesn't get noisy at all to me. I hear the disc spin up and then it goes quiet
Then I read about the heavy hitters like GOW and Spider-Man and people say its super loud, I hope it doesn't start with RDR.
Got the game digital, not sure if it being on the system will make a difference in how hard it has to work.

Back
Top Bottom