Official: Red Dead Redemption 2 Thread: Releasing 10-26-18

Which Console Will You Buy This Game For

• Total voters
GOOD DEAL THAT MAY STACK ONTO THE CURRENT PROMOTION OF TRADING IN XBOX S PS4 AND PS4 PRO
AND GET UP TO $300 TOWARDS A XBOX X

Red Dead Redemption 2 comes with a smokin' Xbox One deal at GameStop.CREDIT: ROCKSTAR

Red Dead Redemption 2 releases this coming Friday. It's one of the most hotly anticipated games of the year. The cowboy western boasts a vast open world and some of the most gorgeous graphics we've seen this console generation. Whether it's actually good or not remains to be seen, but gamers have high hopes both for the campaign and the Online mode launching in November.

If you're looking to pick up a copy of the game and are also in the market for a new console, GameStop has a deal worth checking out. Between October 25th and November 3rd, if you purchase a copy of Red Dead Redemption 2 at the retailer, you get $100 off any new Xbox One---including the Xbox One S and Xbox One X.

That brings the cost of an Xbox One X down to $399 and an Xbox One S to $199 (you shouldn't bother getting a vanilla Xbox One, the newer models are better in every conceivable way.) We'll very likely see similar price drops during big holiday sales like Black Friday, but one key advantage here is that you won't be dealing with Black Friday lines, Black Friday hours and just plain Black Friday crazy.

Look for the Forbes review of Red Dead Redemption later this week by subscribing to our Forbes Game Review blog.

EDIT: seems to be at best buy and frys too

Last edited:
Not really a good deal compared to the PS4 Pro RDR 2 bundle. Microsoft is just running that promo to basically match it since Sony has the bundle and 30 day exclusive online content first. I asked yesterday at Gamestop and a launch 500GB PS4 still gets you $175 trade in credit.

And also with the rumors of the PS4 Pro dropping down to to $265+ $25 gift card deals at Target, Best Buy, and Kohls. The PS4 Slim already was $199 last year during Black Friday.

Last edited:
Some small leaks are out on resetera spoiler thread and on reddit PS4 and reddit reddead sites.

I mean literally just a 20 second clip and image of portion not the full map :lol:

I'd post the links and pics and gifs here if I knew how to spoiler tag stuff on NT.

Some small leaks are out on resetera spoiler thread and on reddit PS4 and reddit reddead sites.

I mean literally just a 20 second clip and image of portion not the full map :lol:

I'd post the links and pics and gifs here if I knew how to spoiler tag stuff on NT.

cadxnmlh0ot11.jpg
:lol:

bruh it will be at least $10 off
gta was the same
u can check the black friday ad the year of release
it was on sale on bf

heres the ad from 2013

https://www.bfads.net/stores/walmart/ads/black-friday/2013/page-3#viewer
it was $34

every game is discounted
by at least a few bucks during bf
hell systems are always discounted
so what makes u think the games wont be

the game on sale in the ad is 360/ps3 this is when the ps4 and xbox one are out..

this game is coming out on the 26th, black friday is less than a month away. and its a rockstar game just like nintendo they aint about that discount life.

not every game is discounted black friday, last year games that came out the month of november were not discounted.

^me too

Want the ultimate for all the in game + online bonuses, was thinking standard and prolly cop the content code off ebay

the game on sale in the ad is 360/ps3 this is when the ps4 and xbox one are out..

this game is coming out on the 26th, black friday is less than a month away. and its a rockstar game just like nintendo they aint about that discount life.

not every game is discounted black friday, last year games that came out the month of november were not discounted.
Also the following year when gta 5 released in nov on ps4 and Xbox 1
That Black Friday
It was bundled with the discounted systems
I’ll put money on it
There’s some discount for red dead

^me too

Want the ultimate for all the in game + online bonuses, was thinking standard and prolly cop the content code off ebay
Yeah, same here. The Ultimate is a steel book case, right?

Idk what I'm going to do with that map lol

^Yea, and the map will be uploaded online by somebody

Its just the in game content that I want, dont give a damn about no steel book lol

Severely underrated game, I am still waiting for a MP4

Underrated? The game was highly anticipated and cats had to wait damn near a decade for the sequel.

That said they waited too long to release the sequel as it was late into Xbox 360 and PS3's life cycle and so many other games had come out that took Max Payne's bullet time mechanic and evolved it.

Underrated? The game was highly anticipated and cats had to wait damn near a decade for the sequel.

That said they waited too long to release the sequel as it was late into Xbox 360 and PS3's life cycle and so many other games had come out that took Max Payne's bullet time mechanic and evolved it.

A lot of fans weren't happy with it at release, calling it an underwhelming sequel to MP2. Personally, I loved it although like Bend_The_Knee Bend_The_Knee said it was really short

Back
Top Bottom