Official: Revised Lebron IX Thread. MVP's revealed! MV's WILL have toddler sizes! 6/2

Reality setting in that I won't be sniffing the red elites. Mvps are still poo tho

I'm sure just like any other crooked shoe store they kept a few for themselves and to put on ebay so they could come up.   smh its nike's fault. They're letting shoe stores get away with doing this on limited shoes that are in high demand.  We could all put a stop to it by not paying those outrageous reseller prices.    My last thing i want to say is this.  How can a legit store bump the retail price up $200.00 and get away with it?

well my sneaker connect told me something interesting yesterday but idk how true it is. When i went to pick my GMP yesterday he said dont sell these sneakers because apparently nike is tracking pairs and he said they are threatening to pull accounts of anyone who sells early or above retail. take it as u may

Damn $1500 offer? How do people hate on resellers when dudes like that are offering to pay triple the MSRP?

I don't hate on resellers. If that is how they make their money than so be it. That's like hating on Footlocker or any store, they all are resellers. They have something I do not have but I want. Never understood the hate towards resellers.It's a business. Buy from them and get the product you want, or don't buy the product. Somebody else will.

I don't hate on resellers. If that is how they make their money than so be it. That's like hating on Footlocker or any store, they all are resellers. They have something I do not have but I want. Never understood the hate towards resellers.It's a business. Buy from them and get the product you want, or don't buy the product. Somebody else will.

That is a horrible comparison. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yes Footlocker is a reseller, but they sell at (most of the time) or close to the MSRP. :rofl:

well my sneaker connect told me something interesting yesterday but idk how true it is. When i went to pick my GMP yesterday he said dont sell these sneakers because apparently nike is tracking pairs and he said they are threatening to pull accounts of anyone who sells early or above retail. take it as u may

Not doubting that is what you were told, I just always try and read between the lines if you know what I mean. My question to that would be why would they care? The secondary market is only an indicator of how thirsty we all are for a certain product. They know this and its why they keep upping the prices on kicks across the board now. How would they even track pairs? If you sell via craigslist/fb or even here, its not like we scan them like a major chain would....but like you said who knows how valid it all is....thanks for the info anyway

Had a Nike interview this week and one of the comments made by the Nike interviewer was alot of boutiques will be losing Nike accounts in the upcoming year for selling items early, there is a reason they have release dates. So maybe thats true...

That is a horrible comparison. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Yes Footlocker is a reseller, but they sell at (most of the time) or close to the MSRP. :rofl:

Profit margin shouldn't matter, if you hate resellers, you hate them all. You think footlocker would much rather pay $10 for the $1 shoe Nike produced? Yes. Would I rather pay $450-$600 for the MVP pack? Yes. Will either of those ever happen due to reselling? NO. So my comparison is perfectly fine. Your just not looking at it from a business stand point, and more from a personal gain point of view.

Not doubting that is what you were told, I just always try and read between the lines if you know what I mean. My question to that would be why would they care? The secondary market is only an indicator of how thirsty we all are for a certain product. They know this and its why they keep upping the prices on kicks across the board now. How would they even track pairs? If you sell via craigslist/fb or even here, its not like we scan them like a major chain would....but like you said who knows how valid it all is....thanks for the info anyway

Nike does care as much as we don't think they do. They do not like getting backlash for the way their Products are sold by 3rd party retailers. They care about customer feedback because of various awards and surveys within their industry that make their company as a whole look better to the public eye outside of this dark forum. :D

Wonder how the Red Elites look with red laces?
nerd.gif

Congrats to the few lucky NTers that got the championship pack.

For those of you pissed about the championship pack being "exclusive" to Miami, just be patient.

I'm confident this pack will be more widely available in the future. Nike sees the hysteria this pack has caused (which has only been magnified by this Miami exclusive nonsense) and they're going to capitalize on it by making more pairs to maximize their $$$. I'm not saying these will be a GR (even though these would probably sell out if they were) but their availability won't be exclusive to just Miami.

We've all seen this script before.

I hope thats true.
wink.gif

Profit margin shouldn't matter, if you hate resellers, you hate them all. You think footlocker would much rather pay $10 for the $1 shoe Nike produced? Yes. Would I rather pay $450-$600 for the MVP pack? Yes. Will either of those ever happen due to reselling? NO. So my comparison is perfectly fine. Your just not looking at it from a business stand point, and more from a personal gain point of view.

Your comparison is still off because Footlocker sells at MSRP, regardless of the wholesale price, where as resellers do not.

I understand people rely on selling sneakers to make a living. What I do not like, however, is people making money at the expense of ruining the sneaker game.

Are you happy that everyone's moms, aunts, uncles and grandparents are now 'sneakerheads'? The profit margin is the reason for all the resellers. These resellers (and idiots that buy from them for absurd amounts above MSRP) are the reason why people, who genuinely like particular sneakers, can't buy them.

Last edited:
Your comparison is still off because Footlocker sells at MSRP, regardless of the wholesale price, where as resellers do not.
I understand people rely on selling sneakers to make a living. What I do not like, however, is people making money at the expense of ruining the sneaker game.
Are you happy that everyone's moms, aunts, uncles and grandparents are now 'sneakerheads'? The profit margin is the reason for all the resellers. These resellers (and idiots that buy from them for absurd amounts above MSRP) are the reason why people, who genuinely like particular sneakers, can't buy them.

There is no ruining the "Sneaker Game" its a show and prove culture, its where money talks and shoes don't walk (out the closet...[II]), a culture filled with the haves and the have nots. Its a business where someone's passion happens to be the product, much like music. Now that so much money is infused into the culture of course the passion becomes watered down, much like music. No point in hating, complaining, or pointing fingers. Your job is to adapt like all of us right. Do what you love and figure out how to continue doing it. RIP Radio Raheem! :lol:

Nike does care as much as we don't think they do. They do not like getting backlash for the way their Products are sold by 3rd party retailers. They care about customer feedback because of various awards and surveys within their industry that make their company as a whole look better to the public eye outside of this dark forum.
happy.gif
They don't care what 3rd party resellers do, in fact they are the reason resellers exist.  What reason do they have to care, for the .001% of the population that cares about limited releases?

As for what was posted, he's talking about Nike accounts reselling more than retail (UNKNWN) or early, not individuals. They can't screen what individuals buy pairs

They don't care what 3rd party resellers do, in fact they are the reason resellers exist.  What reason do they have to care, for the .001% of the population that cares about limited releases?

As for what was posted, he's talking about Nike accounts reselling more than retail (UNKNWN) or early, not individuals. They can't screen what individuals buy pairs

I'm not talking about resellers, I'm talking about Boutiques like UNKNWN and such, those are 3rd Party retailers along with Footlockers, Champs, etc. Nike ABSOLUTELY cares how their product is handled by 3rd party retailers as far as selling products before release dates. Notice I said RETAILERS, not RESELLERS.

Back
Top Bottom