Official: Revised Lebron IX Thread. MVP's revealed! MV's WILL have toddler sizes! 6/2

Saw someone wearing the What the Lebrons at rock the bells yesterday. It was probably same dude in the pic on the last page or two. That concept didn't translate over well. They got my attention, but damn they're ugly.

Don't own a pair of elites. Tried on the Taxis at footlocker today. felt like they were a bit on the heavy side. Comfy though and make great casual shoes as well. Thinking about copping the white power rangers once the price drops from 250. With coupons of course.

how much should i pay for some freegums yall?
Depending on your size not over $160. I even saw a pic of a pair of these with a sale tag on em at foot locker meaning even more discs could be applied. I always thought about coppin a pair but now ima just get some cheaper taxis.

Everybody is voicing their opinion on the WTL so hey I figure I'll share my views...

This particular theme shines light on the sentiment expressed earlier in the X thread about the IX being a shoe saved by color ways. The WTL looks unbelievably disgusting, as does the WTK, and shows just how bad the IX model itself can look when a crap job is done on its color blocking. We can fool ourselves into saying its a dope shoe because its rare, unique, different and yeah it may be all 3 of those things but it falls in those categories because its ugly as all outdoors. I personally don't think it will see an actual release, limited or not. The idea and theme just plain failed and I know the whole "What The ___" is supposed to be a shock to the system and all but this shock isn't a desirable one. Seems this is one of those kicks that people get to be different just for the sake of being different, not to make their own, its corny.

Its just my opinion, don't persecute me for it. If you like it more power to you, I'll keep my fingers crossed you get a release date...

Last edited:
Everybody is voicing their opinion on the WTL so hey I figure I'll share my views...

This particular theme shines light on the sentiment expressed earlier in the X thread about the IX being a shoe saved by color ways. The WTL looks unbelievably disgusting, as does the WTK, and shows just how bad the IX model itself can look when a crap job is done on its color blocking. We can fool ourselves into saying its a dope shoe because its rare, unique, different and yeah it may be all 3 of those things but it falls in those categories because its ugly as all outdoors. I personally don't think it will see an actual release, limited or not. The idea and theme just plain failed and I know the whole "What The ___" is supposed to be a shock to the system and all but this shock isn't a desirable one. Seems this is one of those kicks that people get to be different just for the sake of being different, not to make their own, its corny.

Its just my opinion, don't prosecute me for it. If you like it more power to you, I'll keep my fingers crossed you get a release date...
QFT. What the Kobe/Lebron are both garbage. 

Think I overpaid for the Mangos at $240 shipped. Oh well, at least I have them now and been dying for a pair since they released.

Its just my opinion, don't prosecute me for it. If you like it more power to you, I'll keep my fingers crossed you get a release date...

^^^THIS

Some of the young cats I see in my health club (I'm a trainer) are coming up to me all the time, "have you seen the WTK or the WTL?" "Yeah...but I try not to look too long because I don't want to vomit on my keyboard". Granted I'm 33, but I still have plenty of bright kicks...All Star Bron 7's, Big Bangs, some of you may even consider Birthday 4's bright, Silver AJ 2010, and I even have the Nike Mags which I've worn a few times to work. Which is were I wear most of my kicks. I'm there 50+ hours a week, so I keep everything in rotation since the floors are all hardwood and carpet. Minimal wear on them...but anyway...some of the bright kicks anyone can pull off, if executed properly, but these "What the___" are just a waste IMO. Makes the young cats go HAM for them, and that's fine, but to each his own I guess. I'm with Peru...if you like em, great, cop em and rock em, and I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya'll... :D

FINALLY got around to doing a stock locate at Footlocker for the Kentuckys...size 13 locked down and ordered. Best thing is they were priced at $86 and then I used my military discount. Had the Birthday coupon but since it was the same 10% and dude was looking at my license, i figured I'd save it. Got a chance to touch base with some managers for future releases too.
Tons of kids pulling their parents in for back to school kicks and I was rocking the away elites. They were all trying to get their parents to buy them those for school.
Thanks for the assistance peoples...

Let me know if you get them, b/c FTL is notorious for saying stuff is avaialable then you get the dreaded call that they can't fill your order. I hope so, that would be a good come up! I love my Kentuckys

Looks like the WTL's were made for Friends & Family only. Will NOT be releasing.

That's what I'm thinking too, but did anyone expect these to release to the public.. this is the LeBron line, which is notorious for F & F shoes.

They might as well made the championship pack F & F, considering only 50-70 released to the public :smh:. Congrats to those who were able to obtain the pack though.

WTK were hideous from the moment I saw them but the WTL aren't bad because there are no mismatched colors and patterns from the other shoe. Only thing I don't like about the WTL are the laces and the orange on the midsole. Other than that it looks similar to the MVP IXs which I like. To each his own i guess.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom