Official: Revised Lebron IX Thread. MVP's revealed! MV's WILL have toddler sizes! 6/2

Originally Posted by thapointguy

New thread, it needs some new pics
happy.gif

6331549726_77d5cdb8c5_z.jpg

6330845243_44722c86c3_z.jpg

Spoiler [+]
6330830273_9ffd7c4d6d_z.jpg

6330839151_f9dc55eb5a_z.jpg
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

BEST COLORWAY SO FAR. CANNONS A CLOSE SECOND. HURRICANES ROUNDING OUT THE TOP THREE.

Managed to get myself a pair of Chinas - they flew out the window at the Footlocker here in Perth (Australia)

Also have doubled up on the Miami Nights and Cannons - the cannons seem to look the best with jeans/casual clothes

I have a pair in my cart and it didn't say it was out of stock. They must've removed the link or something?

Originally Posted by thapointguy

I have a pair in my cart and it didn't say it was out of stock. They must've removed the link or something?

ya i cant find them now?
looks like i missed them twice.

You could call and find out. Here's the item #10864764. I was able to checkout still after putting all my info but didn't confirm purchase. The code didn't work upon checkout but it said it was applied.

HURRICANES are my favorite pair so far with the supposed Christmas pics right behind. I wonder if there is no nba season will nike still produce a all star edition???

Seems like Cannons are selling out pretty fast everywhere when they pop up!

Think I may try to cop the Chinas first, I honestly like the look of those more than the Cannons (both are still awesome). Gonna hit up the chicago NT this weekend and see if they have any more MN's, still want a second pair of them so I can get a half size up to see if the fit is any better in the toe box.

Anyone planning on copping the Christmas joints? Too much red for me personally

Originally Posted by xretroxkickzx

Anyone know where I can cop that Nike Air To The Throne t-shirt that matches the Miami Night's online?
Not available online...Champs Sports in store only...

JM

Originally Posted by llo

when will that jacket release?
any one know?
3fc3600c5f402fc90ebf5875f29d72744e2b4728.jpg
The sample I have seen does not look like that...but, the LeBron NSW Destroyer should be in stores within the next few weeks...though, I am sure in very limited quantities...

JM

It'll be a game time decision for me on those xmas 9's. I mean I think they're dope but it makes it easy for me to pass up on them due to the fact that I have the Xmas V2's from last year. They're just a little too similar to eachother.

New thread.. New pics I guess..
72136b196038b5d7d569990ae574eea4fa4aa307_r.jpg

I thought that the KUs would break in after I wore em couple times but they still seem a lil snug around the toe box.. So I went up half a sz to 10.5 in MN. Its a better fit as far rocking them casually goes.. So I think Im rockin with 10.5's from here on out.. MN with black laces when the time comes..

Originally Posted by jmadidas2001

Originally Posted by llo

when will that jacket release?
any one know?
3fc3600c5f402fc90ebf5875f29d72744e2b4728.jpg
The sample I have seen does not look like that...but, the LeBron NSW Destroyer should be in stores within the next few weeks...though, I am sure in very limited quantities...

JM
Any idea if it'll be available in Champs/Footlocker etc? Or just Niketowns?

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

So....Cannons or Chinas?

I just bought a Macbook pro today and will probably only cop one of the other....what would you guys to?

Also, as I said before if I missed anything on the front page please let me know
Cannons are a must have for me. I dont see myself passing on em. I would grab the Cannons and then go for Chinas when the time is right. I dont think any of the colorways that we have seen so far will reach SB type resell value.

Originally Posted by AlmostNotReady

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

So....Cannons or Chinas?

I just bought a Macbook pro today and will probably only cop one of the other....what would you guys to?

Also, as I said before if I missed anything on the front page please let me know
Cannons are a must have for me. I dont see myself passing on em. I would grab the Cannons and then go for Chinas when the time is right. I dont think any of the colorways that we have seen so far will reach SB type resell value.

True, seems like the China prices are steady where they are now.  I found a pair for $210 shipped which isn't bad at all, but by the looks of it cannons will sell out (maybe).  Guess I will focus on the cannons first then worry with Chinas.
Oh and if people haven't noticed, we have been merged with the last thread so I will continue to update the first page on release dates and all that fun stuff 

for those looking for the 3x black i seen em on ebay fr 125 shipped.... not on my priority list as of right now... but its a good price

Sneaker News Interviewed JP here's some of the good questions
SN:  We know that you’re a frequent reader of some of the sneaker blogs.  What’s your reaction to the online feedback that you see about your designs in the comments on these sites?

JP:  (Laughs)  You know, it’s kind of a mixed bag. For me now, I’ve been through three LeBrons and every time, it’s been the same thing. Everybody resoundly hates it from the early pictures or bad samples or fakes or whatever it is. And then by the time the shoe finally comes out and you hold it in your hand, it’s pretty much a 180. So maybe at first with the 7 and at the start of the 8, I was a little concerned, but we kinda called it with the 9, because it was a pretty directional design and it’s definitely something different. So we figured that there would be the same kind of reaction, where everybody is like Oh, it’s the ugliest thing ever! – and then once you try it on, and you play in it, and you look at the quality, the depth, the color work and all that laid into it…

We put too much love and attention to detail, too much crafting and testing and time with the athletes into the shoes for them not to be, at the very least, an incredible basketball shoe. And we feel like that’s what we do. We make the best basketball shoes we can for on the court and everything else is gravy. We feel like the looks will follow that, and if you make a great basketball shoe, it’s gonna look cool. And if you tell great stories, it’s gonna look cool. But if we make it perform first and let that drive everything else, then we feel good about what we do.

It’s humorous and sometimes it can be a little frustrating. You wanna correct people, but it’s just best to let them make their own assumptions. You know, design is such a subjective thing, but performance really isn’t. We test and prove our shoes so you can say it looks ugly, but one thing you can’t do is doubt its performance on court, because it will be a performance beast.

SN:  Historically, Nike Basketball shoes and specifically the previous two LeBron models you’ve designed have been a double threat both on the court and out on the street with a pair of jeans.  Obviously the performance comes first, but when you approach the aesthetics of a new shoe, is that something that you consider and are you consciously shooting to address both?

JP:  Well, I think at Nike, what sets us apart is that we have a sense of style, but that style is innately driven by the performance of the shoe. And it’s always been that way from Jordans to Penny’s and all that. So there’s that innate sense of Nike style that definitely comes into it and then there’s the athlete, obviously. In talking with LeBron, he obviously has a lot of influence on that and by taking cues and inspiration from him, we pull his style into the shoe. And he wears it around and kinda gives it a personality.

But what won’t happen is, say you have a woven leather tongue that may look great and the athlete may love it, but if the performance isn’t there and you could have something lighter, more breathable and stretchier, then that’s gonna win out over that woven leather that looks cool. So we consider it, but it’s not winning any races to performance at the end of the day. With LeBron as that CEO of court and culture, we make sure we run it through his eyes and really let him be the filter, and if it looks good to him, then that’s what we’re shooting for.

SN:  We’ve talked from time to time about some of the unofficial nicknames that wind up getting attached to a lot of the colorways.  it can help the shoes to establish a memorable identity, but do you get frustrated when the eventual name that sticks may stray from the concept you were originally aiming for?

JP:  (Laughs) It’s not frustration. I think the fact that people are talking about the shoes enough to give them nicknames is cool. It’s really endearing and sometimes, they’re awesome nicknames and that’s just part of sneaker culture and I can appreciate that 100 percent and actually enjoy it. It’s just like when things like the Miami Nights come around and people misread things. Because the real Miami Nights was a LeBron 9, and then it got applied to a shoe that had nothing to do with Miami Nights (LeBron 8 V2 Low ‘Flamingo’). Then it gets a little confusing to people, like Why’d they tell the same story twice? or Hey, this doesn’t look like Miami Nights!  It just gets a little convoluted sometimes and that’s a shame, but in the end, it’s just a nickname which basically means nothing. It’s really just something for sneakerheads to identify with and that’s just cool for what it is in itself. We just have to do a better job maybe of communicating what those things are ahead of time, but it’s just difficult to do that as you can probably understand. But keep doing it! You know I love to see things like ‘Scarfaces’ and ‘Megatrons’ and all that kinda stuff. It’s funny. We always talk about – Is it the Pre-Heat or is it the South Beach? And it’s funny, because we didn’t even name it!

SN:  Speaking of that, the ‘South Beach’ LeBron 8 now goes for somewhere in the neighborhood of $1000 on the resale market. What’s it like to see a shoe that you were such a big part of become a sneaker legend and fetch that kind of a price now?

JP: Unbelievable. It’s just so crazy! I’m really proud of that shoe and the work we did as a team on it. Just how the colorway came to life and the whole story behind where that colorway came from and the fight that we had to go through to get it out just makes it even more rewarding for those of us that worked on it. All I can feel is pride and I’m glad I’ve got a couple pairs on ice. I’m just happy it was a success and looking back on it now, and seeing that moment – LeBron changing teams and that shoe coming out and a celebration of Miami. It really just captures the essence of that whole thing. The decision, the new team, the new season, all that.

When you look at that shoe, you think of all those things and that’s a huge moment in the history of the NBA and now it’s turned out to be kind of a big moment in sneaker culture. I don’t know, it’s just really cool. Really humbling and unbelievable to be part of the lexicon of the game that I love so much too. Back when we were growing up, thinking of a shoe costing $1000! Even $100 was crazy! So it’s awesome and I hope we can have another one or two of those in the bag before it’s all said and done.

SN:  It’s gonna be tough to recapture the same perfect storm of scenarios that were working in unison for the South Beach, but is there anything wild planned for the LeBron 9 that may give it a run for its money? No pun intended.

JP:  Well, I think you said it right. It was more than just the shoe. That color symbolized Miami so much. It was LeBron’s kinda unveiling of the shoe there. There was so much energy and so much hate and love and everything going on at the same time, that I think that shoe came together like a perfect storm. And it makes it more than just a hot shoe when you think of all those other things around it – sorta like your favorite Jordan. There’s so many memories associated with it. Mike hit this shot in that shoe or whatever. It gives you something else to latch onto and to love.

So I think we have plenty of shoes capable of doing that as far as heat-wise, you know, shoes that are that dope, but it’s gonna take some other special event or a moment created around it that really takes it to that next level. It could be anything. Who knows? You never know what it will be with culture and those kinda phenomenons. We just wanna be prepared and have the hottest shoes we can out there for when and if those things come around. That being said, there’s so many dope colors of the 9 that are still coming, that any one of those could be it. I’m actually surprised none of those have leaked yet. I’m very happy about that. (Laughs)

SN:  The most notable visual aspect of the 9 is the carbon fiber inspired panels. What was behind bringing that material into the design and what function does it serve?

JP:  Well, they’re not really carbon-fiber inspired necessarily. They kinda look like carbon fiber because they’re woven and we put a lot of black out there, but the reasoning behind using that material was that the weave, as well as the actual woven strips of nylon, provided a material that would move and flex and be lightweight. It moved and flexed where we wanted it to, but it was still firm in other areas of motion and it’s lighter than some traditional materials. Initially, we were looking at doing foam there, like a Foamposite kinda wing, but it turned out that was a little heavier and the process was much more expensive. So through testing that and working with different materials, we found this material and played with the weave, the size and the engineering of that piece to get to what you see as the final aesthetic.

So it’s not meant to be carbon fiber. Carbon fiber has a whole different band of benefits and reasons for usage and you see us use that from time to time, and maybe we’ll see more of that in the future, but this really was about getting a wing that would provide stability in one direction and allow you to be flexible in other directions, while being protective, lightweight and visually appealing as well. And that wing actually extends down underneath the shoe, so it’s not just that wing shape you see that’s exposed. It really anchors it into the footbed to lock you down. And it turned out that with using that material, we made it a lighter, thinner package that allowed us to do some other things inside the shoe like Pro-Combat.

SN:  As close as you are to the whole process, now standing back and looking at the finished LeBron 9, what wound up being your favorite thing about the shoe?

JP:  I’d have to say, just actually seeing the whole shoe come together. Seeing the finished work. Because believe me, at times it looked really rough and there were people that didn’t believe along the way. And in the end, it’s built like a brick ****house, but one that you can pick up and throw. I think we achieved the perfect balance of light and strong and it’s just satisfying to see the end of the mission, because there were a lot of battles along the way and we ended up with a shoe we can be proud of and a shoe that LeBron loves. It seems like that’s the biggest challenge.
How do you go in after the 7 and get LeBron to fall in love with another shoe again? And then after the 8, how do you get him to fall in love again? And again and again. Now we’re working on having to do that with the LeBron 10 and that’s an incredibly high bar that we set, so it feels really good to surpass that test. I just wanna see the 9 on court man! See him doing work in the shoe and just making some of those moments in the shoe. I just wanna see it put to the ultimate test out there on the NBA hardwood with LeBron doing his thing. So hopefully, we’ll get word of that happening soon

nike-lebron-9-cannon-sample.jpg

nike-lebron-9-christmas-sample-1.jpg

nike-lebron-9-sample-2.jpg

nike-lebron-9-sample-4.jpg

LeBron_9_Design_Process_final_Page_1.jpg

nike-lebron-9-sample-1.jpg

nike-lebron-9-z-corp-model.jpg

Back
Top Bottom