Official: Revised Lebron IX Thread. MVP's revealed! MV's WILL have toddler sizes! 6/2

Originally Posted by Rocket

That picture of the Xmases exemplifies that speckled 3m like POW!!!!

I'm going to wear mine today because of that picture. 
laugh.gif

Apologies if this has been answered already (as I'm sure it has)...
What are the final production numbers on the China's?

nerd.gif

Does anyone know where I can get the Kentucky's for a descent price? At least below $180.
If anyone can let me know...appreciate it

Originally Posted by OG2345

Does anyone know where I can get the Kentucky's for a descent price? At least below $180.
If anyone can let me know...appreciate it

nike.com has 7,9,14,15 available

Originally Posted by OneManDeep

The guy who posted the Gaaxy 9s video is EXTREMELY annoying, had to put him on mute. But i was glad to see the shoes on camera, they look perfect. Funny thing is that i like the shape of the INNER SIDE of the 9s more. has more curve and depth to it

I do that with ALL reviews and then just chop through the vid til they get to the shoes...

feel like this about the instep/medial side too. the toe cap curves are dope

also...

dope scarface pics up there.

joints are HEAVILY slept on as well the breds...

soon as they on sale, im on em...

You guys probably don't have access to this secret cool stuff since you might not be a Footlocker VIP member 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  (that was sarcasm for anyone who didn't get it)
http://unlocked.footlocke...talks-college-colorways/

Just an interview with JP talking about the college colorways, also had some new pics of the Miamis in there as well (don't sleep on these) 
pimp.gif

*please don't quote this whole thing!*

This is an extremely long read, but very interesting

nike-lebron-9-miami-hurricanes-summary1.jpg

This season, three college teams will be flaunting specially designed colorways of the Nike LeBron 9. Before the Miami Hurricanes edition of the Nike LeBron 9 hits stores this weekend, check out our chat with lead Nike LeBron designer, Jason Petrie, as he gives us the inside scoop on LeBron’s expansion into the college basketball world.

Sneaker News:  Was the decision for the LeBron line to outfit three college teams this year some preemptive planning to get the shoes out there in the event of a lockout or was it something that was in the works already?

Jason Petrie:  Well, it’s something we’ve wanted to do and we talked about it numerous times, but there’s a lot of factors that go into things like that. From the number of LeBron shoes we put out, to the schools that you work with to get that done and things like that. So it’s something that we’ve talked about for a long time and I think what happened was, this was the perfect opportunity to try it. We did it with the LeBron 7 if you remember the grey pack we did with Eastbay and this was a chance to maybe elevate that, because we thought we could’ve done a better job of telling that story. This way, we’re aligning ourselves with the schools and having the players wear it, knowing that the players wanna wear the shoes anyway. So why not give them something special.

Especially with the hype that was generated over the Kentucky LeBron 7′s we did, we just wanted to have some more fun with that and see where it went. And that happened to coincide with the potential NBA lockout situation, so it was a no-brainer. If there was no lockout, it was still cool. Schools would do Midnight Madness and the kids would be playing in them and they’ll be hyped. And if there was a lockout, then hey, college is where everyone will be watching basketball, so the shoe will still get some exposure and rep the school in a cool way.

nike-lebron-9-miami-hurricanes-1.jpg

SN:  Can you give us a little insight into why these three college teams were chosen and how they’re significant to LeBron?

JP:  You know, Kentucky, there’s obviously a special relationship there with Coach Calipari and he has some close friends there that work with the organization. We just know that he has a relationship with the school and enjoys going to events there and being around the team.

With Ohio State, obviously with LeBron being from Ohio, that’s potentially where he would have gone to college. He has a lot of friends who are students there, both on the team and off so there’s an obvious tie there, as well as with Coach Matta. And as you’ve seen in some of the videos we’ve released, there’s different aspects of these programs that relate to LeBron’s game, so that’s just another connection to the teams as well.

And then with The U, it’s just to represent Miami. LeBron’s new down there, but he knows some of those guys and obviously it’s a storied program in many respects. We just wanted to expand LeBron’s reach and do something a little unexpected. I’ve got a lot of friends who’ve been Canes fans for a long time and they get crazy… and they love their gear! So we thought it was a great way that we could drive energy for the players, the team and just LeBron in Miami and show some love to the Miami area.

nike-lebron-9-miami-hurricanes-4.jpg

SN:  Is it cool to see the LeBron line and the shoes you’ve designed being showcased in new forums and allowing for all new color schemes?

JP:  Oh man, we’ve been wanting that for so long. Working with Eugene Rogers and Erick Goto who do our colors and graphics and Golnaz Armin who does materials – they’ve really been pushing for a long time to tell these deeper stories and put what we knew were cooler colors out there. But there were a lot of obstacles, both in-house and in retail, because we wanted to keep the traditional color schemes, because those are important and we still wanna cover our bases with those. But Eugene really has a vision and really takes pride in pushing the boundaries of color and moving color along and he’s doing that now through LeBron. There were colorways of the 7 and the 8 that nobody saw that were crazy and they just didn’t make it all the way through. But now because of shoes like the Flamingo V2, Entourage, Dunkman 8 PS, Sprites, with wilder colors, it’s clear that people want more of that, so it enables us to go back in and really dial up the color.

Looking at The University of Miami, that story is tried and true, but those colors are crazy! They’re immediately identifiable and the first time you see them on a LeBron shoe, it looks super fresh. That’s the kinda shoes I wanna buy. You can always get your white/black/red. That’s a staple and a must have, but when you get into these other colors, you can really delve deeper into the life of LeBron and the storytelling of the shoe, and they can really become special items.

nike-lebron-9-miami-hurricanes-6.jpg

SN:  With the NBA, you have league policies and restrictions on footwear that you have to work around. Is it the same thing with college colorways or do they allow for some more freedom?

JP:  With college, you have team rules and you’ve got NCAA rules, but it usually comes down to the team and the coach and just depends on the program. So there’s definitely stuff you’ve gotta work around, but we’ve got great relationships with all our Nike schools and we usually kinda know their ins and outs as far as what they can and can’t do. But for the sake of these three schools, we worked with them especially on what they wanted them to look like to make sure that they wear them and that we get them out there.

nike-lebron-9-miami-hurricanes-7.jpg

SN:  In the case of the three LeBron teams, will we be seeing more special editions and PE’s popping up over the course of the season?

JP:  I can’t say yes or no, but I will say that we’ve really tried to limit what LeBron colorways we make. We’ll give LeBron some PE’s and keep his special, but we want to release anything else that we can. There’s ends up being a lot that we can’t do, because we can only release so many, so even if there were more PE’s it’s tough to find room to release all of those. There may be a time, who knows, if one of the teams makes the Final Four, there could very well be an opportunity to do something special for those guys, but we haven’t done it at this point, but there’s certainly the potential to. Those kinda things are always decided on a “need to decide

Originally Posted by DAR228

Originally Posted by BigBrandon

Not all of my brons.. My V1 8's are in the garage whooped from hooping (except SB's).. Wearing my BRED 9's today and didn't want to post doubles but here are some of my Lebron 8's and 9's 
pimp.gif
.. Keep up the good work JP...

Nice Collection
If you had the SVSM away, you would have clearly won the competition

Gonna cop the griffeys then its game over when it comes to 9s. Im probably the only nt member who is happy to not have copped the chinas, cannons, miami nights or the upcoming big bangs. None of them appealed to me. The U are hands down the best colorway so far.

Originally Posted by mrlongong

Breds with red laces >Definitely waiting on them to go on sale before I grab a pair though.

laugh.gif

That is why I am wanting a pair now too.  Reminds me of the Bred V3's which I love

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

Breds with red laces > Definitely waiting on them to go on sale before I grab a pair though.

laugh.gif

That is why I am wanting a pair now too.  Reminds me of the Bred V3's which I love

Thats what im waiting for. I'll use the Breds to hoop in tho.

Originally Posted by TheyHateMe

Breds with red laces > Definitely waiting on them to go on sale before I grab a pair though.

laugh.gif

I must be one ofthe only people to buy the BRED's for full price
ohwell.gif
. I like them and Ive hooped in them a lot. I put red laces in them from last years christmas' but I think I'm going to try this years 3m laces in them as well... Put the white freegum laces in them. Pretty much however Bron is wearing his I'm swagga jackin him
laugh.gif
. If he puts MN's pink laces in them tonight I will tomorrow. (Pause)

For everyone who keeps having the blank pages show up, just click back a page until it shows up for you. So if the last page is 694, go back to 693, if it doesnt show up just go to 692. That way you dont have to keep posting, in order to get the page showing.

Hope it helps you all . It works for me. 

EASTBAY Ray

Chime in here with any info on upcoming releases and any dates u want to share???!!!

Originally Posted by BigBrandon

laugh.gif

I must be one ofthe only people to buy the BRED's for full price
ohwell.gif
. I like them and Ive hooped in them a lot. I put red laces in them from last years christmas' but I think I'm going to try this years 3m laces in them as well... Put the white freegum laces in them. Pretty much however Bron is wearing his I'm swagga jackin him
laugh.gif
. If he puts MN's pink laces in them tonight I will tomorrow. (Pause)

I didnt pay full price but only b/c i knew they would be around long enough to go on sale. if for some reason they started disappearing quickly, i wouldve paid the 180 just to make sure i have a pair. black just looks good on the IX's. Im even startin to eye the kentuckys now when I wasnt interested in em initially.

blk laces will stay in mine though. keepin em stealthy ftw...

For who everyone keeps having the blank pages show up, just click back a page until it shows up for you. So if the last page is 694, go back to 693, if it doesnt show up just go to 692. That way you dont have to keep posting, in order to get the page showing.

Hope it helps you all . It works for me. 

ALL OF THIS! Thank you! Tired of seeing ppl posting nonsense.
grin.gif

I really Like the Kentuckys I'm wearing my pair today. People toss around the under rated CW for these kicks a lot but I really think they are. I turned mine into all star Kentuckys though if thats possible and hooped in them this morning at 24 HR. My White bottoms on them are filthy but it's to be expected hom much I've worn them. They've become my kick around gym shoes/hoop shoes.

Back
Top Bottom