Official: Revised Lebron IX Thread. MVP's revealed! MV's WILL have toddler sizes! 6/2

you used like ten years worth iterations of Js...

ppl wont want Cannons, Chinas, Swingmans, Xmas8, entourages, Sbs, akron 7s, etc ? oh...

i think your foolin urself tho brodie

Originally Posted by Beats05

the home elites are fire. what other colorways of the elites are dropping besides these 2 and the south beach one? im going to limit myself to 1 pair of elites, so i gotta see all my options before committing

Rocket wrote:
I predict pandemonium when the "Teal" colorway pictures surface. Remember guys, April 20th Away, 5/12 Home and Taxi, 6/2 Teal. I have a feeling the Home colorway will sit if the Taxi colorway is hot, since they drop on the same day.

Check the thread next time. It was literally on the last page.

Im starting to think the reason Nike doesnt produce the Lebrons and kobesi n masses is because they know they will have a retro value on years to come

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Originally Posted by MrDozo

Originally Posted by UnchartedDrake

I think 10 yrs from now, Lebrons will be the new Jordans. Let bron get a couple rings under his belt, the shoe line will be unstopable
 i think 5 years from now, if not sooner, Lebrons should be retroed and will be the next "it" sneaker from Nike.

But I dont want to think what the prices would be.

And with what Nike is paying Lebron, he will have his own version of Jordan Brand.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. 

Kobes will be the next 'Jordans' before Lebron, because Kobe is more iconic. He has won rings, and MVP, ASG MVP's etc. He has the stats to be up there with Jordan, and his following is bigger than Lebrons. Kobe is more worldwide, has a bigger market in China too.

People are still not going out and buying Lebrons in groves like Jordans. It's a small following, a small Market for Lebrons. Nike would have to release multiple pairs of SB like Lebrons every year to even garner any 'Jordan' like attention. Also lets be honest, Lebron have only sold well because of the 'limited' tag. If all his shoes were dubbed GRs, they would sit or be easy attainable. 

To be honest, I'm pretty sure Lebrons are only popular in certains parts of the country, IE: Ohio, Miami, maybe smaller places in Chi, NY, FL etc. I'm in LA, I rarely see anybody wear Lebrons, RARELY. Out here you either rock Jordans or Kobes on court, period. In the OC, it's the same, Kobe or Jordans. When I got to Vegas, it's all Jordans. I even have people shocked to see me in my Lebrons. When I go to the gym, people laugh (mostly my boys) only cuz Lebrons aint worth wearing, @%*$% aint %@%@ they say. A lot of dudes at the gym rock nothing but Kobes, Jordan and D.Rose too. 

Lebron has a looooong time, (prob Lebron 15, 16 or higher) before he can even catch Jordan status, and even than, he's gotta win rings, MULTIPLE.

10 years from now you think if Nike released a Swingman or Dunkman Retro people will go nuts? Those shoes are STILL sitting in some stores right now. No Lebrons (unless its an SB like colorway or value) is gonna touch Cement IVs, Black IVs, Grapes, Concords, Bred XIs, Playoffs, CG XI or IVs and the list goes on. While most of you Lebron fans won't agree with me, it's not rocket science to see most people are still not on the Lebron 9 bandwagon, or even Lebrons bandwagon for that matter.

Imyou make valid points but to say iconic and everything else is wrong. Lebron has also won mvp's multiple actually which Kobe hasnt also all star game MVP triple double in an all star which Kobe hasn't do it's all preference. Jordan's are selling out now days to kids that never even saw him play so that won't have much bearing. Also half the Jordan's you named MJ hadn't had a ring before they came out so it's still a little early to tell. Kobe and Lebron will both be retroed with success to their respective fans but both will have a long shot to being as succesful as MJ. He was a legend in his own.

Originally Posted by Rocket

the home elites are fire. what other colorways of the elites are dropping besides these 2 and the south beach one? im going to limit myself to 1 pair of elites, so i gotta see all my options before committing

Rocket wrote:
I predict pandemonium when the "Teal" colorway pictures surface. Remember guys, April 20th Away, 5/12 Home and Taxi, 6/2 Teal. I have a feeling the Home colorway will sit if the Taxi colorway is hot, since they drop on the same day.

1.) "Last page" is meaningless in this thread. This thread is a mess because yuku can't handle posts with this many pages. My last page is blank one try, then filled with stuff from 3 pages ago the next try.
2.) Even if I saw your post on the last page, that doesn't mean I should take it to mean you know every single color and every single date that's out there, or that what you listed couldn't use some further confirmation. That's especially the case because I checked the first page of this thread and saw nothing about elites beyond the homes and aways, and checked the usual sneaker blogs for any scoops and saw nothing.

3.) Thanks.

Originally Posted by Rocket

Rocket wrote:

1.) "Last page" is meaningless in this thread. This thread is a mess because yuku can't handle posts with this many pages. My last page is blank one try, then filled with stuff from 3 pages ago the next try.
2.) Even if I saw your post on the last page, that doesn't mean I should take it to mean you know every single color and every single date that's out there, or that what you listed couldn't use some further confirmation. That's especially the case because I checked the first page of this thread and saw nothing about elites beyond the homes and aways, and checked the usual sneaker blogs for any scoops and saw nothing.

3.) Thanks.
1. Yuku is crap. Get over it. You can see the previous page either way.

2. If you didn't see anything ANYWHERE else why would you think there would be a flurry of answers to your post? April 20th Aways, 5/12 Home and Taxis, 6/2 Teal. That's it. I haven't been wrong regarding ANYTHING about the elites thus far, check back. Oh yeah that's right, yuku is too messed up for you to check a page back, so how could you possibly cover the last ten?

3. You're welcome (Kobe voice)

4. Stop being pretentious. I'm smarter than you.

Originally Posted by 23since85

Got my hands on a few pairs of SLH's! And I have to say WOW! These are definite cop material! These only come second to the Big Bangs in my book! Do yourself a favor and get you some.
Pics?

I think 10 yrs from now, Lebrons will be the new Jordans. Let bron get a couple rings under his belt, the shoe line will be unstopable
 i think 5 years from now, if not sooner, Lebrons should be retroed and will be the next "it" sneaker from Nike.

And with what Nike is paying Lebron, he will have his own version of Jordan Brand.

Kobes will be the next 'Jordans' before Lebron, because Kobe is more iconic. He has won rings, and MVP, ASG MVP's etc. He has the stats to be up there with Jordan, and his following is bigger than Lebrons. Kobe is more worldwide, has a bigger market in China too.

People are still not going out and buying Lebrons in groves like Jordans. It's a small following, a small Market for Lebrons. Nike would have to release multiple pairs of SB like Lebrons every year to even garner any 'Jordan' like attention. Also lets be honest, Lebron have only sold well because of the 'limited' tag. If all his shoes were dubbed GRs, they would sit or be easy attainable. 

To be honest, I'm pretty sure Lebrons are only popular in certains parts of the country, IE: Ohio, Miami, maybe smaller places in Chi, NY, FL etc. I'm in LA, I rarely see anybody wear Lebrons, RARELY. Out here you either rock Jordans or Kobes on court, period. In the OC, it's the same, Kobe or Jordans. When I got to Vegas, it's all Jordans. I even have people shocked to see me in my Lebrons. When I go to the gym, people laugh (mostly my boys) only cuz Lebrons aint worth wearing, @%*$% aint %@%@ they say. A lot of dudes at the gym rock nothing but Kobes, Jordan and D.Rose too. 

Lebron has a looooong time, (prob Lebron 15, 16 or higher) before he can even catch Jordan status, and even than, he's gotta win rings, MULTIPLE.

10 years from now you think if Nike released a Swingman or Dunkman Retro people will go nuts? Those shoes are STILL sitting in some stores right now. No Lebrons (unless its an SB like colorway or value) is gonna touch Cement IVs, Black IVs, Grapes, Concords, Bred XIs, Playoffs, CG XI or IVs and the list goes on. While most of you Lebron fans won't agree with me, it's not rocket science to see most people are still not on the Lebron 9 bandwagon, or even Lebrons bandwagon for that matter.
I personally don't think Kobe's shoe will be the next Jordan shoe before Lebron by far. Kobe's. I personally am not a fan of VII at all but I think he has some real good themes and colorways though and I plan on picking up a pair of the mint PDF's just to add to my collection but by far Lebron's shoe is way more popular than Kobe's shoe right now. The Lebron 9 shoe has to be in Nike's top three demand list right now seriously. First it's Jordans then it's a toss up between the Foamposites and the Lebron 9's. And yes the Dunkmans and Swingmans are still on some shelves in stores but what shelves are the Chinas, Cannons, Miami Nights, or Mangos on??  Even if you look on ebay the resell prices for Lebrons are double and in some case triple the selling price of Kobes and to be honest yes all these shoes are technically suppose to be for the court but you and I both know that most of the shoes worn for style and fashion and if that be the case which it is the Lebron 9 shoe is being worn by way more celebrities and entertainers period than the Kobes and that also drives sells higher. Even on Nike.com the overall rating of the Kobe based on consumers is at a  3.2 while the Lebron 9 is at 4.6. And seriously the endorsement for Lebron from Nike has been larger for him then Kobe's  but Lebron has also been with Nike since day one which gives Nike a lot of different ways they can market him in the Future for example the Nike Air Zoom Generation Lebron 1 he wore his rookie year could be a Lebron rookie retro in the future, and Lebron is HUGE in China right now hint that's why he always has a China edition shoe. Lastly Nike has more money invested in Lebron ($93 million dollar contract) than Kobe ($40 million dollar contract) so naturally it would be smarter for Nike to market the Lebron 9 more which they do than Kobe because they have more invested.

Originally Posted by BigBrandon

Imyou make valid points but to say iconic and everything else is wrong. Lebron has also won mvp's multiple actually which Kobe hasnt also all star game MVP triple double in an all star which Kobe hasn't do it's all preference. Jordan's are selling out now days to kids that never even saw him play so that won't have much bearing. Also half the Jordan's you named MJ hadn't had a ring before they came out so it's still a little early to tell. Kobe and Lebron will both be retroed with success to their respective fans but both will have a long shot to being as succesful as MJ. He was a legend in his own.

The reason why some Lebrons may be sitting is because some colorways are produced in larger numbers compaired to others And most Jordan retros are produced in lesser numbers than GR Lebrons..Here in nyc, I dont see people wearing Kobes. Its all Jordans and Lebrons. Kobes are more popular over seas and on the west coast. If i had to guess, I'd say Lebrons shoes sell more than Kobes. I may be wrong. Any nike insiders here care to give us some info as to who sells more units, kobes vs lebrons?

Originally Posted by GatorBeltsNPattieMelts

Originally Posted by bigsupa

Big Bangs restock on Eastbay...

GS only
trolling? I don't see anything and I just called and they said there was no restock.... 
They are up on our website now.  You can find them here:  http://bit.ly/xDLp8g

If you want to call in and order a pair, their product number is 72664800 and they are currently available in youth sizes 3.5-6.

Originally Posted by muzikfrk75

So...why is Eastbay's website down?
We had to take our website down for a bit to fix an issue.

EastbayRep - Ray

Also when dudes talk about shoes sitting now days you can't compare that to a retro. When the Concords first came out those sat. I got a pair weeks if not a month later hilltop mall in Richmond and now when the retro dropped people t the same mall fighting and shooting. It's hard to see the value of a shoe that's currently out unless it's a real limited edition and you know what your getting. You have to just give it time.

Lebrons Retros would be received better for the simple fact that Lebrons can be worn more Casually....While Kobes are strictly Basketball...

And all of this Lebron has to win MULTIPLE rings for his shoes to be succesful is crazy. For his career yes he has to win multiples but arguably two of nikes best selling shoes out right now are Ken Griffey retro shoes and Penny Hardaway retro sneakers. Neither player won a ring in their respective sports but that's not stopping people from buying their shoes. Barkley's are selling good but no rings. Shoes and career are very different. People have shown they'll buy what looks good if they aren't a fan and fans have shown they'll buy whatever even if it's ugly if they are a fan.

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Lebrons Retros would be received better for the simple fact that Lebrons can be worn more Casually....While Kobes are strictly Basketball...

LeBrons can be worn more casually but Kobes strictly basketball? I have to disagree. Plenty of people wear kobes casually. 

Originally Posted by milwaukeebucks

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

LeBrons can be worn more casually but Kobes strictly basketball? I have to disagree. Plenty of people wear kobes casually. 

imo, kobes only good with shorts.
I dont like kobes with jeans, its not my style.

I think that really depends on the colorway and the person's style, in determining rather a shoe is just for the court or to be worn casual, because I don't play basketball at all but I have mutiple pairs of Lebrons, too many Jordans and I plan on at least purchasing one pair of Kobe's (Mint PDF's)

Back
Top Bottom