Official: Revised Lebron IX Thread. MVP's revealed! MV's WILL have toddler sizes! 6/2

Originally Posted by MrDozo

Originally Posted by milwaukeebucks

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Lebrons Retros would be received better for the simple fact that Lebrons can be worn more Casually....While Kobes are strictly Basketball...

LeBrons can be worn more casually but Kobes strictly basketball? I have to disagree. Plenty of people wear kobes casually. 

imo, kobes only good with shorts.
I dont like kobes with jeans, its not my style.

co-sign.

Just got our SLH in hands down the best colorway in person...pics do these no justice.

1. SLH
2. Swingman/China
3.BB
3a. Cannon
4. Miami nights
5. Xmas

Originally Posted by Joulze

I think that really depends on the colorway and the person's style, in determining rather a shoe is just for the court or to be worn casual, because I don't play basketball at all but I have mutiple pairs of Lebrons, too many Jordans and I plan on at least purchasing one pair of Kobe's (Mint PDF's)

Exactly... I think the market for "Retros" are for the folks that wear Gym shoes casually... And every Lebron in the "Lebron" series can be worn casually... Just like the "Air Jordan" Line...

Me personally, I would never hoop in a retro shoe because NIKE is a "Moving forward", innovative company...And their shoes are always getting better and better performance wise... So I'd never settle for outdated performance on the court 

As for Kobes... I've always looked at His shoes as Strictly hooping shoes because Kobe is a Gym Rat...and His shoes are based on his persona... I don't think I've ever seen Kobe rock "Kobes" Casually...

2chainz!

7470ba5c6ea811e18bb8123.jpg

wearing nike lebron 9 big bang, all-star, galaxy

^yeah I definitely see what you're saying, the time i can think of is at DisneyLand when he wore Chaos V's. But true that he usually is always in the gym with his kicks.

Originally Posted by BigBrandon

And all of this Lebron has to win MULTIPLE rings for his shoes to be succesful is crazy. For his career yes he has to win multiples but arguably two of nikes best selling shoes out right now are Ken Griffey retro shoes and Penny Hardaway retro sneakers. Neither player won a ring in their respective sports but that's not stopping people from buying their shoes. Barkley's are selling good but no rings. Shoes and career are very different. People have shown they'll buy what looks good if they aren't a fan and fans have shown they'll buy whatever even if it's ugly if they are a fan.
To be on Jordan Retro level he needs too.
Also all of those players you mention are liked, no bias or negative intent from fans or media. When James left Cavs, and the way it played out, he sort of hurt his legacy.

P.S. Barkley's are selling well? Nike must be throwing around that 'limited' tag again 
eyes.gif

I wish every time a new pair of Lebron 9's would come out people wouldn't automatically call them the best or the "number one" out of the Lebron 9 series
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
and slap them at the top of their list, just because the shoes are newer.

I wish every time a new pair of Lebron 9's would come out people wouldn't automatically call them the best or the "number one" out of the Lebron 9 series
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Oh you notice this too? 
roll.gif

Chinas are still #1 imo, but people who list BBs #1 have a strong case too

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

And all of this Lebron has to win MULTIPLE rings for his shoes to be succesful is crazy. For his career yes he has to win multiples but arguably two of nikes best selling shoes out right now are Ken Griffey retro shoes and Penny Hardaway retro sneakers. Neither player won a ring in their respective sports but that's not stopping people from buying their shoes. Barkley's are selling good but no rings. Shoes and career are very different. People have shown they'll buy what looks good if they aren't a fan and fans have shown they'll buy whatever even if it's ugly if they are a fan.
To be on Jordan Retro level he needs too.
Also all of those players you mention are liked, no bias or negative intent from fans or media. When James left Cavs, and the way it played out, he sort of hurt his legacy.

P.S. Barkley's are selling well? Nike must be throwing around that 'limited' tag again 
eyes.gif

Yeah but with that exact logic Pippen retroes should be selling just as good as Jprdan retroes. Same team same years same rings.

Originally Posted by muzikfrk75

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Oh you notice this too? 
roll.gif

It's their opinion. My opinion though is that they are hyping it up.
eyes.gif
 Always helps with sales.

Originally Posted by AGrownAssMan

Where are you guys finding cannons for 250? Im looking for those and Hurricanes in a size 12. Highest I'll go is 300 for Cannons.. And then I can work on the SLH at the end of the month...PM me

If your ceiling for cannons are that high, you'll probably find some on ebay, maybe even lower.

imo the lebron has put way better looking shoes than kobe line
lebron: 3,4 7-9 and maybe the 6's
kobe: 4,6

Originally Posted by muzikfrk75

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Oh you notice this too? 
roll.gif

Yeah that's exactly how my list starts off to.

Originally Posted by Shox23

as someone stated earlier. the shoes fit their persona. Try to imagine kobe having lebrons shoe line and vice versa...
roll.gif

in my opinion, Kobe's Nike shoes are more in line with Jordan's, simple/classy, unlike Lebrons that are "look at me" kinda deal.

Originally Posted by ArmorRig

as someone stated earlier. the shoes fit their persona. Try to imagine kobe having lebrons shoe line and vice versa...
roll.gif

in my opinion, Kobe's Nike shoes are more in line with Jordan's, simple/classy, unlike Lebrons that are "look at me" kinda deal.

although nothing wrong with that...I love Lebron IX's in terms of wearability and style.
pimp.gif

roll.gif

although nothing wrong with that...I love Lebron IX's in terms of wearability and style.
pimp.gif

no

Had to do a double take. Thought 2chainz was Sneakermane for a second.

laugh.gif
If it was a B'More O's fitted, make no mistake about it it's sneakermane! He got the glasses too. damn someone gotta cut their 'locks off asap.

roll.gif

pimp.gif

no

yes

roll.gif

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
Dude sounds like a kobe stan. Kobes shoes have been just as "look at me" as brons have the past few years. The Oc's were a shade less gaudy than the bangs. 3DS too. etc. The kobe 7s are hideous though.Brons line>kobes

Back
Top Bottom