Official Revised LeBron X Thread: Pressures Launch 11/2 Details pg. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
This mentality is why Nike gets away with charging 300 bucks for a Diamond Swoosh (which is fire, I must admit, but not worth 300 bucks) and the same Nike+ chip that's been in the 80 dollar Free Runs for years.
Where does it say Nike has gotten away with it? I've seen not one person on Earth to my knowledge purchase a $300 Lebron shoe from Nike. For all we know this might be where the bubble pops and becomes a monumental failure on Nike Basketball's resume. Lets sit back and watch what happens...
I Hope it does blow up in Nike's face.  I'm sick of prices going up every year.    

I bought the USA Hyperdunk+ over the summer but used a bunch of VIP points so my total was what a regular LBJ 9 retail pair would have been. That being said, every manager I spoke to regarding the Nike+ said the same thing, the + CW's were doing just "ok" but the regular Hyperdunk was moving quite well and a lot of the young kids were buying them up. Now I know that the Hyperdunk isn't the LeBron X but still, I'm sure the same thing will remain true. Depending on the availability I think the X whether 290 or whatever the hell will do just "ok". Same thing with the Elites that we all saw happen. South Beach/Miami Vice sold out with a quickness...everything else can STILL be found with the slightest bit of leg work. Just waiting to see how this whole X and X+ scenario plays out.

Those Gold Medals will be copped with the discount quickness, I know for sure they will sit for a little at that price point....If they make it passed my stores "48 hour policy" then I will certainly cop..

Interested in seeing what the "China Jade" pair looks like from better pictures

This mentality is why Nike gets away with charging 300 bucks for a Diamond Swoosh (which is fire, I must admit, but not worth 300 bucks) and the same Nike+ chip that's been in the 80 dollar Free Runs for years.
Damn brah, you got a Free Run that has this pressure sensor inside? 
grin.gif

Those Gold Medals will be copped with the discount quickness, I know for sure they will sit for a little at that price point....If they make it passed my stores "48 hour policy" then I will certainly cop..

Interested in seeing what the "China Jade" pair looks like from better pictures

I think with better pictures people will change there minds..

NEED THOSE GOLD MEDALS.

MEMPH...

Always enjoy reading some of your posts/rants fam...curious, since I know you usually cop whatever you like, how you feel about that price point on the Gold Medals? I know I will be copping come RD...

NEED THOSE GOLD MEDALS.

MEMPH...

Always enjoy reading some of your posts/rants fam...curious, since I know you usually cop whatever you like, how you feel about that price point on the Gold Medals? I know I will be copping come RD...

I WILL BE COPPING THE GOLD MEDALS AS WELL ON RELEASE DATE. THE PRICE IS :x BUT WHAT CAN YOU DO? NIKE MAKES THE PRODUCT SO THEY HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHARGE WHATEVER THEY WANT FOR A PROUCT THEY PRODUCED THAT THEY THINK THE MARKET WILL PAY. THIS IS ACTUALLY GOOD BUSINESS ON THEIR PART AND WITH ME BEING A SHAREHOLDER, IT'S EXACTLY WHAT I WANT THEM TO DO.

DO I WISH THE PRICE WAS CHEAPER? HELL YES, I WISH IT WAS $FREE.99, BUT THIS IS NOT THE CASE. A LOT OF THINGS WE BUY ARE OVERPRICED. I WISH I COULD BUY THE FERRARI 458 ITALIA BUT I'M NOT GOING TO COMPLAIN TO FERRARI TO LOWER THE PRICE TO SOMETHING I CAN AFFORD SO I CAN COP, MY MACH 1 GETS ME AROUND JUST FINE. PEOPLE HAVE THE CONCEPT OF NEEDS AND WANTS SERIOUSLY MIXED UP. NIKE SHOES ARE A WANT, NOT A NEED. IF YOU FEEL THE PRICE IS TOO HIGH, THEN BUY SOMETHING ELSE! THE GOOD THING ABOUT THE SHOE MARKET IS THAT IT IS VERY DIVERSE. IF I LIKE A SHOE AND I FEEL THE PRICE IS WITHIN MY BUDGET THEN I'LL COP WITHOUT COMPLAINT. IF IT ISN'T THEN I'LL BUY SOMETHING ELSE OR JUST PASS ALTOGETHER.

FUNNY THING IS, MOST CATS COMPLAINING ABOUT THE PRICE, WHEN IT COMES TIME TO SELL THEIR SHOES, THEY PULL A "NIKE" AND CHARGE THE MAXIMUM THEY BELIEVE THEY CAN GET WITH NO DAMNS GIVEN TO THE BUYER AND CUTTING THEM A BREAK.

I WILL BE COPPING THE GOLD MEDALS AS WELL ON RELEASE DATE. THE PRICE IS :x BUT WHAT CAN YOU DO? NIKE MAKES THE PRODUCT SO THEY HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHARGE WHATEVER THEY WANT FOR A PROUCT THEY PRODUCED THAT THEY THINK THE MARKET WILL PAY. THIS IS ACTUALLY GOOD BUSINESS ON THEIR PART AND WITH ME BEING A SHAREHOLDER, IT'S EXACTLY WHAT I WANT THEM TO DO.
DO I WISH THE PRICE WAS CHEAPER? HELL YES, I WISH IT WAS $FREE.99, BUT THIS IS NOT THE CASE. A LOT OF THINGS WE BUY ARE OVERPRICED. I WISH I COULD BUY THE FERRARI 458 ITALIA BUT I'M NOT GOING TO COMPLAIN TO FERRARI TO LOWER THE PRICE TO SOMETHING I CAN AFFORD SO I CAN COP, MY MACH 1 GETS ME AROUND JUST FINE. PEOPLE HAVE THE CONCEPT OF NEEDS AND WANTS SERIOUSLY MIXED UP. NIKE SHOES ARE A WANT, NOT A NEED. IF YOU FEEL THE PRICE IS TOO HIGH, THEN BUY SOMETHING ELSE! THE GOOD THING ABOUT THE SHOE MARKET IS THAT IT IS VERY DIVERSE. IF I LIKE A SHOE AND I FEEL THE PRICE IS WITHIN MY BUDGET THEN I'LL COP WITHOUT COMPLAINT. IF IT ISN'T THEN I'LL BUY SOMETHING ELSE OR JUST PASS ALTOGETHER.
FUNNY THING IS, MOST CATS COMPLAINING ABOUT THE PRICE, WHEN IT COMES TIME TO SELL THEIR SHOES, THEY PULL A "NIKE" AND CHARGE THE MAXIMUM THEY BELIEVE THEY CAN GET WITH NO DAMNS GIVEN TO THE BUYER AND CUTTING THEM A BREAK.

Cosign x 2 good sir...

The price is :x but I don't see Nike holding guns to anyone's head saying "buy or else!" Not to mention the non + version as well...options

This mentality is why Nike gets away with charging 300 bucks for a Diamond Swoosh (which is fire, I must admit, but not worth 300 bucks) and the same Nike+ chip that's been in the 80 dollar Free Runs for years.​

Nike+ ready running shoes like the Free Run don't come with a chip. When it indicates Nike+ ready, it just means the left shoe has a sensor insert where you could place the sensor in. The sensor is sold separately or with the old sport kit used for iPod Nanos.

Last edited:

This mentality is why Nike gets away with charging 300 bucks for a Diamond Swoosh (which is fire, I must admit, but not worth 300 bucks) and the same Nike+ chip that's been in the 80 dollar Free Runs for years.​

Nike+ ready running shoes like the Free Run don't come with a chip. When it indicates Nike+ ready, it just means the left shoe has a sensor insert where you could place the sensor in. The sensor is sold separately or with the old sport kit used for iPod Nanos.

THIS GETS ME THINKING IF NIKE WILL DO THE SAME WITH THE LEBRON SHOE. I KNOW NIKE'S STRATEGY WILL BE TO PUT THE HOTTEST COLORWAYS ON THE NIKE+ MODELS SO I WONDER IF THEY WILL SELL SOME AS NIKE+ READY. I DON'T WANT TO BUY MULTIPLE PLUS MODELS AND HAVE AN OVERABUNDANCE OF CHIPS.

I'm not too formiliar with the "Nike+" technology. But is it a stretch to think that Nike could have inserted the "chip" in an insole that you could purchase separately, that would give you the same "performance advancement" without compromise the complete integrity of the the shoe? Like an upgrade? Does anyone know exactly where the "+ chip" is going to be placed anyway without them reengineering the sole anyway?

^^

Look at the picture that's posted a few posts above yours. Not sure what you mean by "performance advancements" and "comprising integrity" though. The + version of the shoe simply relays metrics - it doesn't add or subtract from your game in anyway.

I'm sure that in a few years they'll offer a + insole that can be swapped from shoe to shoe. Within the Nike Basketball world, it's getting harder to distinguish between all their products and if they run the same shoe-last it should not be a problem at all.

I'm not too formiliar with the "Nike+" technology. But is it a stretch to think that Nike could have inserted the "chip" in an insole that you could purchase separately, that would give you the same "performance advancement" without compromise the complete integrity of the the shoe? Like an upgrade? Does anyone know exactly where the "+ chip" is going to be placed anyway without them reengineering the sole anyway?
This is what is imbedded under the insole on the Nike + Basketball/Trainer shoes. It is a pressure sensor that can't be transferred between shoes. Y'all should read up on the technology. I can see why there is a price hike, especially since the charging cable ($20), wireless sensor receiver ($20) and two Sensors ($30 each) are included. Take those prices and then factor in the pressure sensor, and it falls right along the lines of $100 over the regular version of the shoe.

I wish they would sell you the Sensor and cable separately though, especially if you're planning on copping multiple pairs of the Lebron X+ model. I doubt you need multiple sensors/cables. One cable and two sensors at the most will do. $249.99 version without sensors would be the sweet spot IMO.

Last edited:
I apologize if my question was misleading or misunderstood. But you did somewhat touch on what I was trying to imply as that the + technology seems thin enough that it could possible fit in an insole. With that being said, if the sole of the shoe and the is not being adjusted other than inserting that thin chip above the new air bag, couldn't nike have made it apart of an insole that you could purchase seperately? All this assuming that the soles are the same from the +version and the non+ version. That would allow for the consumer to gradually adjust to the already expensive sneaker market,(which they already dominate), and could make most of the desired colors to also be available to the masses, right? I know it is business, but isn't 'good business" the type that you feel like you gained more than just your next pair of "beaters" to cut grass in? But thank you for taking time and interst in my question. I appreciate it.

^^^

Within the Nike world, this is a 'new' technology. Other companies might have done it before, but not Nike. They have to recuperate their R&D and manufacturing costs. If it means 'forcing' consumers to buy multiple X+ models then so be it. If + is successful then they will definitely look to making a swappable + insole as you suggested.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you also asking if the + technology is swappable from the X+ to the regular X? I think not as the + sensor in actually built into the X+ and is not removable, save for the USB chip.

One thing ALOT of NT Members are going to find out is who amongst us are really caught up on "Showing Off" and who amongst us are collecting sneakers because of the love of the shoes and the player's legacy. $180 Normal version vs. $290 Nike+ version is going to isolate those that have to have a certain color way to be seen as the guy that has it like that. A color don't mean that much to me to spend that big of a difference. Example, if Nike only makes the South Beach colorway in a Nike+ version it becomes a Technologically Advanced $290 CASUAL shoe seeing as nobody is looking to hoop in those kind of limited colorways when they can wait on a GR kind of colorway to try that tech in and dont mind if the shoe gets beat up. This thread is going to get mad volatile considering the feelings most "Sneakerheads" have for what they consider "H Beast". :lol:

^ there should be a test for those who pass the 30' vert with the + version - they get to buy the + for $180 :D

I cant see many people who buy the SB+ colorway posting their + stats on here :lol:

@Peru

I was thinking along those lines as well. If the dopest of the cws are the plus version, what's the point? People who cop to let them sit in boxes or wear casually defeat the purpose of the shoe as far as all the tech that has been put into them. I'm sure Nike has to think this as well.

For this reason I'm hoping that they will release such cws as both a regular and a plus version. Maybe some subtle changes between the two but have primarily the same color blocking? Will be interesting to see as this is fairly new territory. You can say the elites but those were released only during the postseason, whereas both plus and regulars will have a full product life cycle. We shall see tho lol.

Via Wall Street Journal
The basketball shoes come with built-in electronics that measure how high wearers jump and how far they run. Analysts say they expect Nike to issue a relatively small number—about 50,000—of the $300 shoes, with a less-expensive version of the shoe, without the electronics, likely to cost $180, or $10 more than the previous edition, the LeBron 9.
Let see how many of the 50k + version Nike can sell that's NOT called "South Beach, Miami Vice or [insert corny Miami catch phrase here]".

^^^ thing about nike's sales numbers is that they are off. People jump to buy everything and they sit on eBay or some other selling playform. The shoes sell on paper, but in reality they are just going to a "second middle man" so to speak.

@Peru
I was thinking along those lines as well. If the dopest of the cws are the plus version, what's the point? People who cop to let them sit in boxes or wear casually defeat the purpose of the shoe as far as all the tech that has been put into them. I'm sure Nike has to think this as well.
For this reason I'm hoping that they will release such cws as both a regular and a plus version. Maybe some subtle changes between the two but have primarily the same color blocking? Will be interesting to see as this is fairly new territory. You can say the elites but those were released only during the postseason, whereas both plus and regulars will have a full product life cycle. We shall see tho lol.

This is what I'm thinking as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom