Official Revised LeBron X Thread: Pressures Launch 11/2 Details pg. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
so there is not a non + version ($180) of the USA's coming out on the 29th? :smh: Or, there's a red swoosh on the 180 version? someone fill me in.

Last edited:
Just thought i share this here also posted in the the Lebrons 9s Thread also but some guy on my Instagram claiming he has the Xs and the elites from Championship package .
Yes i was trciked for a millisecond .
Yes i know they Fake lol
just thought i would post here
he says they are "Samples "

why are all the fakes in my size, smh... btw he 's been reported on ebay! some idiot even had bidded

Last edited:
Of course he could say something, ala Kevin Durant with the lower price shoes with not quite the "so call technology" the LeBrons have. I am pretty sure Durant signed a contract worth alot of money like Lebron did, and he made it known off the top he did not want high price shoes. Or he could go the Chris Webber route and say if my shoes are not lowered, I will not re -up my contract when it expires. I have said that earlier given that LeBron went from house to house growing up, it is surprising that he would let a shoe with this RIDICULOUS price tag even be a thought. But, I guess money can make you forget about a bunch of things, especially when you have as much as he does.
[h1]CHRIS WEBBER CALLS TIME OUT ON NIKE SHOE DEAL[/h1]
Published November 5, 1996

Code:
     The Bullets Chris Webber has "severed ties" with Nikebecause he says the company "refuses" to lower the price of itsbasketball shoe named after him, according to Frank Hughes of theWASHINGTON TIMES.  Webber's three-year deal with Nike recentlyran out, and his agent, Fallasha Erwin, said that they would notnegotiate a new deal because Nike "insisted" they continue tocharge $140 for the CWebb shoe, more than any other sneaker onthe market.  Erwin said he and Webber disagree with Nike's ideato target inner-city youths in an attempt to begin buying trendsthat move to the suburbs.  Erwin said they also didn't like theidea that the shoe could create violence between kids who had theshoe, and those who couldn't afford it.  Webber: "How can Icharge that [price] for my shoe when I speak to all those inner-city kids and preach to them?  How can my shoe cost more thanMichael Jordan's?"  Nike had no comment.  Erwin said with nocontract, Nike cannot manufacture or sell the CWebb.  Since thedeal ran out, Webber has been wore Converse's All-Star 2000.Erwin has called Converse about an endorsement, but Converse hasnot called back. For now, Webber blackens out the logo(WASHINGTON TIMES, 11/5).

so there is not a non + version ($180) of the USA's coming out on the 29th? :smh: Or, there's a red swoosh on the 180 version? someone fill me in.

no reports of non + olympics as of now. a few pages back are the official release dates for the first 4-5 pairs. some we have seen, some we havent.

I understand what you guys are saying when youre talking about Lebron having a say so in the price coming from his up bringing, but there are other options. The soldier line is cheaper they are pretty good shoes. Or you can other cheaper shoes that Nike has. Everybody cant have the top end shoe.

The lower-end shoe is probably justification for the high-priced one. But, in reality, the one bearing Lebron's name is the one that will be naturally associated with him. They're not going to say, "well Lebron does have a cheaper shoe," just like most news outlets reported Lebron's $315 sneaker with barely a footnote of "well there is a cheaper version."

For Lebron to be the forefront of Nike, his shoe basically needs to be the most expensive one. We can argue why it doesn't need to be, but you know Nike is going to throw in some tech just so that overall price tag is "premiere." That idea is probably motivating Nike and Lebron to keep pushing the prices. Lebron, at this point in his life, is probably more concerned with establishing an image and brand, as is Nike.

High prices are all relative though. A lot of people talk about the KD's being affordable for a sig shoe, but they're not affordable for a shoe. $100 is still a lot for inner city kids.

Last edited:
Nightwing has a review up of the Olympics/Gold Medals. Sorry dont know how to embed

[/URL]

Last edited:
Of course he could say something, ala Kevin Durant with the lower price shoes with not quite the "so call technology" the LeBrons have. I am pretty sure Durant signed a contract worth alot of money like Lebron did, and he made it known off the top he did not want high price shoes. Or he could go the Chris Webber route and say if my shoes are not lowered, I will not re -up my contract when it expires. I have said that earlier given that LeBron went from house to house growing up, it is surprising that he would let a shoe with this RIDICULOUS price tag even be a thought. But, I guess money can make you forget about a bunch of things, especially when you have as much as he does.
I applaud Durant for keeping it real on the prices, as most of todays NBA top stars came from broken homes or didn't have much money growing up, and they could not afford "Jordans".

Lebron is no different, and we all know his lifestyle growing up, living in the projects, not money and couldn't afford shoes etc. So why on gods earth are you gonna sit around and let Nike do to others as was done to you?

I can afford both versions, but you guys all make good points. Lebron probably can't do anything about the price, but he could come out and say, "If I could, I would make all my shoes affordable for all, but it's out of my hands unfortunately". You know that ***** aint gonna say **** though. Nike got that leash around his neck, and if he even decides to speak his mind they're gonna pull on it, a la JP when he made those arrogant comments regarding D. Rose.

Every year the price goes up. Lebron XI = $190, Lebron XII = $200 etc.

with the sneakers being this much do you think that many people will still try to cop and resale ? these gonna be damn near 315 bucks after taxes.  that is

crazy for a pair of new basketball shoes.

I just cant do it .....

I like those china jades , for 180 i am all over them...

I would like to see some of these colorways releasing.

typo for the Aways? normally Nike releases the regular version Aways at the end of October.. and we already saw pics of those so i dont understand why there will be a 290 version of Aways also if this info is correct...
i am tho very interested in the "black diamond" colorway :nerd:

Not sure what you are asking on the Aways?

The 10/23 is a Black/Red colorway, but not the colorway posted in this thread...it is $290, it is a X+

On the Black Diamond...it isn't the boring Triple Black of years past...there is "depth" to the colorway...

JM

Three hundred dollar shoes shouldn't peel away, not bonding like that, not right out of the box they shouldn't....jus' sayin'...
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Must say they actually look decent with jeans on, not too shabby.
I've never been the type of person to say a shoe looks better w/ either shorts or jeans on...I mean, if you know how to dress than you know how to dress. If a shoe is ugly it's just ugly...lol. But, I'm liking the shoe overall I just wanna see more CWs now

Not sure what you are asking on the Aways?
The 10/23 is a Black/Red colorway, but not the colorway posted in this thread...it is $290, it is a X+
On the Black Diamond...it isn't the boring Triple Black of years past...there is "depth" to the colorway...
JM

i understand that, im just confused as to why Nike would be releasing another black/red colorway and making it a X+

thanks for more info on the black diamonds :pimp:

Last edited:
What is this "Blue Diamond" releasing on 10/6??? @ first ppl were saying the "Olympics" were releasing on that date...The Blue Diamond sounding real nice, but it cld be cuz I love the color blue

soooo far on my HITLIST, only if they are 180

Flordian both CW (especially the aways)

Sliver and orange pair

and  the Jade/China

with the sneakers being this much do you think that many people will still try to cop and resale ? these gonna be damn near 315 bucks after taxes.  that is
crazy for a pair of new basketball shoes.

I just cant do it .....

I like those china jades , for 180 i am all over them...

I would like to see some of these colorways releasing.

i know a lot of dudes will still camp for these ... with limited quantities i know these will sell out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom