Official Revised LeBron X Thread: Pressures Launch 11/2 Details pg. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy knows his shoes, and exactly how tech affects the way an athlete performs. His reviews are great, and he definitely deserves all the samples and early releases he gets. Much respect to him.
As far as the X goes.......at this point, I'm more interested in its performance than its style, whereas the IX was all about the cool colours and street appeal.
He buys everything he wears, but he said its all tax right off because he made his passion his business.

Can we stop talking about how nike does things and how adidas compares to nike in this thread and keep it about the Lebron X?  If yall want to argue about that go make a new thread.
wink.gif

Great review again. I'm glad he touched base on the heel slippage or lack there of that I had reservations about. Let's see how the stability issue on the air bag that he mention will affect the wearer in a intense game. Also I hope y'all paid attention to what he said when undoing the laces from the flywire haha.

If you are challenging if I've ever receieved a check from the swoosh you may not want to put your check up against mine sir lol.. THAT argument would be futile....

As a matter of fact Id dare you to challenge it on one full check to another... but if only if your checks are above a certain threshold... it wouldnt be right if they weren't.

as far as suggesting people take their business elsewhere you've done so repeatedly with the same links.. pasting and rhetoric.... again and again...

So whats left?  At least I know where my allegiances lay... know I can speak ON them... and about them... but have YOU ever had someone from Portland or Germany sign you or your company a check for employment or consulting services?

I wonder.... 

So about those scientific "facts"....lol

I can handle some chump accusing me of scamming him cause I know its not true... you on the other hand.. how do you do you live with yourself knowing you spread opinion as truth and champion something that isnt moving the needle?

Ohhh thats right... because you remain anonymous... Im real... 

Another NT Thread derailed.

AKA 73 - NT 0

You are winning at something my man... 

qft :lol:

great review. only thing i did that was different was i went .5 size up. i wear 10 in jordan and 10.5 in all lebrons. pretty much alot of what i said but better.

The guy knows his shoes, and exactly how tech affects the way an athlete performs. His reviews are great, and he definitely deserves all the samples and early releases he gets. Much respect to him.
As far as the X goes.......at this point, I'm more interested in its performance than its style, whereas the IX was all about the cool colours and street appeal.
You only like him due to his saying nice things about this new and then very expensive Nike Basketball shoe.

So transparent...if he trashed the shoe, then showing its flaws, you'd go in the completely opposite direction, then questioning his character and then knowledge.

You only like him due to his saying nice things about this new and then very expensive Nike Basketball shoe.

So transparent...if he trashed the shoe, then showing its flaws, you'd go in the completely opposite direction, then questioning his character and then knowledge.

Were you looking in the mirror as you typed that?? Because you've confused your MO with my style of posting. 

I like the dude's reviews because he takes emotion and bias out of the equation and makes factual, level-headed, objective observations about the shoe from his own personal performance testing. In other words, he does the complete opposite of you!

LONG acting like he's Dr. Phil on here. A.) you don't really know any of us so as I said before, stop putting words in other peoples mouths and b.) the only thing that's transparent to all is you will never give credit to Nike when they come up with a solid product.

Why don't you keep your biased, one-sided, not backed by scientific data opinions to yourself and let people who want to talk about the LeBron in the Leebron thread do just that. Why don't you email NightWing and as him point blank which shoes in his estimation are more superior as far as overall comfort and quality. Oh wait, that would be his preference, therefore if he said Nike you'd say he was just a biased, uninformed consumer. But if he said Adidas you'd gloat about it in here. See where I lost all respect for you opinion and validity of your argument.

Enough's enough bro, start a thread and have all other trolls worship and follow your BS in there, nobody in here wants to hear that **** anymore...

Yeah I like the Questions, I like the direction of what Addisas is doing with D Rose too. But when it comes to materials I feel like Nike leads the pack and righteously so due to the amount of money they make for R&D. But the Foamposite material is a tank and I don't think that can be disputed. I think for as "hard" as LeBron they should want to make him the face of "durability" products. Not just gimmicks pretending to measure up. But these kind of conversations will never end.. Chevy over Ford, PC over Mac, Democrat over Republican, Booty over Breast, and vise versa. My opinion is everything is irrelevant in pursuit of the "experience". Most people will do something once to give an accurate conclusion based on their experience despite what it took to accomplish that experience(within reason mind you).
P.S. I would personally like to express my regret to anyone that finds my post a little "long" and or "thread consuming" as I have watch Niketalk for years since I was a senior in highschool back in 2000-2001 and have been patiently waiting to be able to contribute to a community I feel understands me and the things that enjoy( not a lot of sneaker geeks on Mississippi) while enjoying information and discussions about the past/future purchases in our personal portfolio. I am enjoying my experience and hope to enjoy all the members and the contributions that you have to share( positive and negative).
glasses.gif
Dude... as long as my posts get at times... I'd never think anyone elses are long or thread consuming.

Good Opinions are good opinions and well appreciated by some.

Fact.... Foamposite ALL used to be heavy... then fake makers actually fabricated a Foam "like" material and later the Foam Lite was born... as was every other foam from that point on used with different density foam.

Unfortunate... but it works with the Hyperposites and can work with others since its still durable.  The Hyperposite is what Brons line should have been like when Kenzo designed Foam into his earlier shoes...

The Hyperposite COULD have been the IV.5  It improves on everything the Lebron IV was.. .and the IV to me was still a great shoe just clunky...

Dude... as long as my posts get at times... I'd never think anyone elses are long or thread consuming.

Good Opinions are good opinions and well appreciated by some.

Fact.... Foamposite ALL used to be heavy... then fake makers actually fabricated a Foam "like" material and later the Foam Lite was born... as was every other foam from that point on used with different density foam.

Unfortunate... but it works with the Hyperposites and can work with others since its still durable.  The Hyperposite is what Brons line should have been like when Kenzo designed Foam into his earlier shoes...

The Hyperposite COULD have been the IV.5  It improves on everything the Lebron IV was.. .and the IV to me was still a great shoe just clunky...
Do you think its possible that the XI's could be a mix of the Hyperposite and the X's since most people are saying the the Hyperposite "shouldve been the X's"? Im not sure if you said that the XI's were already designed.

Yeah... Petrie is pretty far out in front of designs...as when one shoe is released the next is already in progress. I actually have NO CLUE yet what the inspiration for the XI will be...

But if I had to guess knowing its one of Brons all time favorites....it may have some Jordan XI DNA as well as colorways...  Will Jordan Brand buck at it though?  This has happened in the past with other Nike releases...  (see Sharkley)

The Gr's will see the outlets quickly. That's the only way I am getting these, hate the cut on this sig.:smh:

Were you looking in the mirror as you typed that?? Because you've confused your MO with my style of posting. 
I like the dude's reviews because he takes emotion and bias out of the equation and makes factual, level-headed, objective observations about the shoe from his own personal performance testing. In other words, he does the complete opposite of you!
LONG acting like he's Dr. Phil on here. A.) you don't really know any of us so as I said before, stop putting words in other peoples mouths and b.) the only thing that's transparent to all is you will never give credit to Nike when they come up with a solid product.
Why don't you keep your biased, one-sided, not backed by scientific data opinions to yourself and let people who want to talk about the LeBron in the Leebron thread do just that. Why don't you email NightWing and as him point blank which shoes in his estimation are more superior as far as overall comfort and quality. Oh wait, that would be his preference, therefore if he said Nike you'd say he was just a biased, uninformed consumer. But if he said Adidas you'd gloat about it in here. See where I lost all respect for you opinion and validity of your argument.
Enough's enough bro, start a thread and have all other trolls worship and follow your BS in there, nobody in here wants to hear that **** anymore...
SMH 

I'm not a reviewer, nor do I wish to be one. I am quite sure that Nightwing understands the demo that he is working with.

Me personally, I don't give a damn. But then again, I am not a reviewer. If I were, I'd be doing it for mags like Consumer Reports, which is credible, honest, then not needing to appease people like you two.

So LONG, after someone who has balled in the shoes tells you all this, and claims durability is not an issue but rather upgraded over previous installments, are you still going to say Adidas shoes are better quality?
This is only one shoe, and it is a shoe that not many others have worn outside of LeBron, to play ball in.

I can point to many shoes that are made by Adidas, those that are far more durable and of higher quality, than what Nike has done over the past few seasons, years even. So when the Rose III, or the DHIII are on my feet, I then will make an honest comparison of them to this new LeBron shoe, through those of whom who have actually worn them, in order to play ball...

..because I'm still not buying them. Plastic for a buck eighty? Naaaaaawwww. 
The AdiRose and the AdiPower Howard lines are some of the cheapest feeling shoes I've ever held in my hands. You can say they use real leathers and this and that, but I've played ball in both (my boy has Adidas up his pie hole like you and tried to "convert" me). AdiPowers were clunky, goofy, non-supportive, and overall clumsy. I guess I'd have to be > 7' and over 270 lbs to appreciate it?

The AdiRose has some real nice padding on the upper. But other than that, I wasn't too impressed with it. Pretty responsive and great traction, but nothing amazing that made me want to buy them. I actually met D Rose this past ASG. One of my boys is a huge DRose fan (different guy, NON sneakerhead). We both went to get a pair of kicks signed, but after going to the store and feeling the shoe, we both came to the conclusion that the AdiRose felt straight up cheap. Ended up buying Jerseys and had him sign them. 

Honestly I've been wearing the Lebron 8,9, and Elite since each released. I've never really have to clean them and they still look pretty new. My V1/V2/V3's are all in great condition after numerous wears for almost a year and a half now. My 9's basically look brand new out the box. If something happens to them, just a simple wipe of a towel and they're fine. I've never had a shoe MORE durable in my life. I don't care if it's made of plastic, the Lebron 8's and 9's have held up their end of the bargain better than a leather that will wrinkle does. The Elites are amazing and similar, it's just the swoosh chips. I coulda gone without a metallic swoosh on them and still been amazed. I'm not too mad about it though, metallic gold paint isn't exactly the best material to use, they were just trying to make them unique. My Taxi's and Vice's both have swooshes intact and in great condition after numerous wears. 

Wanna talk about durability? I've seen the AdiRose 2.5's wrinkle after a full day of ballin on the court. My Miami Nights Lebron IX's never had this issue for me in a span of 8 months. The quality has been very high on the Lebron line so far. Just because an item has some nice suede/tumbled leather doesn't make it durable. When running around outside, those materials tend to ruin more quickly than whatever synthetic plastic material Nike has made on the Lebron's. 

Last edited:
The AdiRose and the AdiPower Howard lines are some of the cheapest feeling shoes I've ever held in my hands. You can say they use real leathers and this and that, but I've played ball in both (my boy has Adidas up his pie hole like you and tried to "convert" me). AdiPowers were clunky, goofy, non-supportive, and overall clumsy. I guess I'd have to be > 7' and over 270 lbs to appreciate it?

The AdiRose has some real nice padding on the upper. But other than that, I wasn't too impressed with it. Pretty responsive and great traction, but nothing amazing that made me want to buy them. I actually met D Rose this past ASG. One of my boys is a huge DRose fan (different guy, NON sneakerhead). We both went to get a pair of kicks signed, but after going to the store and feeling the shoe, we both came to the conclusion that the AdiRose felt straight up cheap. Ended up buying Jerseys and had him sign them. 

Honestly I've been wearing the Lebron 8,9, and Elite since each released. I've never really have to clean them and they still look pretty new. My V1/V2/V3's are all in great condition after numerous wears for almost a year and a half now. My 9's basically look brand new out the box. If something happens to them, just a simple wipe of a towel and they're fine. I've never had a shoe MORE durable in my life. I don't care if it's made of plastic, the Lebron 8's and 9's have held up their end of the bargain better than a leather that will wrinkle does. The Elites are amazing and similar, it's just the swoosh chips. I coulda gone without a metallic swoosh on them and still been amazed. I'm not too mad about it though, metallic gold paint isn't exactly the best material to use, they were just trying to make them unique. My Taxi's and Vice's both have swooshes intact and in great condition after numerous wears. 

Wanna talk about durability? I've seen the AdiRose 2.5's wrinkle after a full day of ballin on the court. My Miami Nights Lebron IX's never had this issue for me in a span of 8 months. The quality has been very high on the Lebron line so far. Just because an item has some nice suede/tumbled leather doesn't make it durable. When running around outside, those materials tend to ruin more quickly than whatever synthetic plastic material Nike has made on the Lebron's. 
What's up man.

What ever your preference is, is what you should go with. 

One of my favorites of newer Nike shoes, was the KDIII. Great shoe for the value, performance and durability. A well made shoe, one that could take a good butt whuppin'.

In regard to what I don't like about Adidas, I wasn't too crazy about the Crazy Light. I didn't like the fit, as there was spacing, gaps when laced up, but they were seriously made. In regard to play, I could play in them, but they didn't work well for me in regard to playing all positions on the floor. The Crazy Light II is a much better shoe. I don't consider CREASING or WRINKLING to be a performance or durability issue, as my top of the line dress/work shoes do the same thing as well, made from shell cordovan, and I've had many of them for years. What I do see as a durability issue is the branding falling off, chipping during play, stitching beginning to fray, shoes stretching out where you must continue to re lace them in order to feel secure, and then the sole, where it will wear down quickly.

For me, fit and quality is most important, and Adidas hasn't disappointed me outside of the Crazy Light I in regard to fit, and then with Nike, outside of the KDIII, I hadn't liked anything they've done since the LBJIII.    

Be well.

Last edited:

What's up man.

What ever your preference is, is what you should go with. 

One of my favorites of newer Nike shoes, was the KDIII. Great shoe for the value, performance and durability. A well made shoe, one that could take a good butt whuppin'.

In regard to what I don't like about Adidas, I wasn't too crazy about the Crazy Light. I didn't like the fit, as there was spacing, gaps when laced up, but they were seriously made. In regard to play, I could play in them, but they didn't work well for me in regard to playing all positions on the floor. The Crazy Light II is a much better shoe. I don't consider CREASING or WRINKLING to be a performance or durability issue, as my top of the line dress/work shoes do the same thing as well, made from shell cordovan, and I've had many of them for years. What I do see as a durability issue is the branding falling off, chipping during play, stitching beginning to fray, shoes stretching out where you must continue to re lace them in order to feel secure, and then the sole, where it will wear down quickly.

For me, fit and quality is most important, and Adidas hasn't disappointed me outside of the Crazy Light I in regard to fit, and then with Nike, outside of the KDIII, I hadn't liked anything they've done since the LBJIII.    

Be well.
What's good man? Agreed with the Crazy Light. I didn't understand the hype with them. They fit funky to me and weren't all too breathable. Many people loved them though and regard them as the pinnacle of Adidas Basketball performance.

I see creasing and wrinkling as a huge durability issue. Not only does it look terrible, but as time goes on those creases become more prominent and actually make the shoe flex funny (if that makes any sense). I have dress shoes that have had some wrinkles in them, especially the softer leather ones, but I'm not doing anything athletic in them to warrant it an issue. To me, the Swoosh chipping isn't the end of the world. It has no bearing on the performance of the shoe. I can always re-paint it/finish it, which I plan to do eventually. People actually comment, "Oh Swoosh is chipped? You must ball in them." Again, I'm not 100% happy that they're chipped, but I can live with it. The comfort and durability of the rest of the shoe makes up for it. 

I wonder if Nike improved the metallic gold check on the USA X's so it won't chip as easy. I guess we can call that innovation? 
laugh.gif

This made me laugh. But i have seen and pretty much experience the same with my 9's. Personally i prefer leather but the fact that the shoe doesn't crease is a plus looks wise. If Nightwing is right about the hyperfuse stretching more and feels softer than in the past im going to like the shoe more than the 9's in that area.

What's good man? Agreed with the Crazy Light. I didn't understand the hype with them. They fit funky to me and weren't all too breathable. Many people loved them though and regard them as the pinnacle of Adidas Basketball performance.

I see creasing and wrinkling as a huge durability issue. Not only does it look terrible, but as time goes on those creases become more prominent and actually make the shoe flex funny (if that makes any sense). I have dress shoes that have had some wrinkles in them, especially the softer leather ones, but I'm not doing anything athletic in them to warrant it an issue. To me, the Swoosh chipping isn't the end of the world. It has no bearing on the performance of the shoe. I can always re-paint it/finish it, which I plan to do eventually. People actually comment, "Oh Swoosh is chipped? You must ball in them." Again, I'm not 100% happy that they're chipped, but I can live with it. The comfort and durability of the rest of the shoe makes up for it. 

I wonder if Nike improved the metallic gold check on the USA X's so it won't chip as easy. I guess we can call that innovation? 
laugh.gif
I understood the hype, they are light as hell and durable. The Crazy Light is a very good shoe if it fits you properly, as with all shoes. In regard to creasing, not everyone shares the opinion that this is a sign of poor quality, or maybe even a performance issue. 

Chipping is a problem, a serious quality issue for me. Can you imagine buying a pair of Gucci Loafers, what do they go for, about five bills now? So if you are like me, you wear them on the sidewalks of NYC, Midtown, and someone accidently steps on them, chipping the silver bit while they are brand new.

Would you be happy about that? Gucci uses top of the line materials for their kicks, so that hasn't been an issue, but could you imagine the bad image they'd have with their customers, if this were a problem?

I don't know, when you spend two fiddy for a top of the line sneaker, that thing, even the paint should look like new, until the sole is gone.

The LBJIII does just that. Those things are TANKS.

Last edited:

laugh.gif
I understood the hype, they are light as hell and durable. The Crazy Light is a very good shoe if it fits you properly, as with all shoes. In regard to creasing, not everyone shares the opinion that this is a sign of poor quality, or maybe even a performance issue. 

Chipping is a problem, a serious quality issue for me. Can you imagine buying a pair of Gucci Loafers, what do they go for, about five bills now? So if you are like me, you wear them on the sidewalks of NYC, Midtown, and someone accidently steps on them, chipping the silver bit while they are brand new.

Would you be happy about that? Gucci uses top of the line materials for their kicks, so that hasn't been an issue, but could you imagine the bad image they'd have with their customers, if this were a problem?

I don't know, when you spend two fiddy for a top of the line sneaker, that thing, even the paint should look like new, until the sole is gone.

The LBJIII does just that. Those things are TANKS.
I've actually had something similar happen to a pair of Prada loafers. Thankfully got them discounted at Neiman Marcus Outlet ($245 instead of retail $620) but still it happened. The Silver didn't "chip" but it tarnished and could not be cleaned off without damaging the lock and the rest of the shoe. Is very noticeable. It can happen to anything honestly. After I put the shoe on I really don't care about that tarnish just like I don't care about the chip on the swoosh as much. The Swoosh chipping doesn't compromise the performance or the durability of the actual shoe. That's my point. The shoe is very well made with the exception of the check, which has nothing but an aesthetic purpose. At the end of the day, are you going to play better hoops if your swoosh doesn't chip? I personally am more pleased with the use of Pro Combat padding, the Zoom and Max Air combo, and the lightweight mesh wings on the upper than the Swoosh. They feel great on the court, which is one of the reasons I copped them in the first place.

Last edited:
I've actually had something similar happen to a pair of Prada loafers. Thankfully got them discounted at Neiman Marcus Outlet ($245 instead of retail $620) but still it happened. The Silver didn't "chip" but it tarnished and could not be cleaned off without damaging the lock and the rest of the shoe. Is very noticeable. It can happen to anything honestly. After I put the shoe on I really don't care about that tarnish just like I don't care about the chip on the swoosh as much. The Swoosh chipping doesn't compromise the performance or the durability of the actual shoe. That's my point. The shoe is very well made with the exception of the check, which has nothing but an aesthetic purpose. At the end of the day, are you going to play better hoops if your swoosh doesn't chip?
But you can send the shoe back to Prada, and they will change the defect for you. With every Prada purchase, the item comes with a proof of purchase authenticity card. 

I've done it for my lady and her Prada handbag.

The swoosh chipping leaves the shoe looking sloppy, which is a defect. You can't send them back to Nike for them to fix, because they intentionally put the swoosh on like that.

But hey, if you are happy with the shoes? Cool.

I know that I would not be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom