Official Revised LeBron X Thread: Pressures Launch 11/2 Details pg. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^ thing about nike's sales numbers is that they are off. People jump to buy everything and they sit on eBay or some other selling playform. The shoes sell on paper, but in reality they are just going to a "second middle man" so to speak.
Most of the elites are still on the shelf in my stores....  Taxis, Blk/Gld...  I only bought the south beaches, big bangs and the Mangos.  Slept very well though the rest....

If you dont like the $300+

Nike has LeBron soldiers that are in your range

people back in the day use to ride MJ and Nike so much then they started putting out Jumpmans & Team Js at a much lower price

There is no reason someone should be complaining including parents

I hate when parents say "Michael Jordan needs to lower these prices so my son can have him some Jordan 11s or some other sig" when I was working in Footlocker I use to tell parents all the time "well we do have these for a much lower price and they still are JORDANS!" then I they hit me with that "My son dont want no team jays" :smh:

people back in the day use to ride MJ and Nike so much then they started putting out Jumpmans & Team Js at a much lower price
I hate when parents say "Michael Jordan needs to lower these prices so my son can have him some Jordan 11s or some other sig" when I was working in Footlocker I use to tell parents all the time "well we do have these for a much lower price and they still are JORDANS!" then I they hit me with that "My son dont want no team jays" :smh:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Some people want the filet mignon but at the Value Meal price...you don't get supersize fries with that BS!!

Haha great point. I just think the overall culture of shoes is getting to a point where soon people will say enough is enough. Unless these make me fly I ain't dropping ________ amount of dollars. But I'm not complaining though, as people have said, cop of you can, if not hope that you can on sale. If neither of those, tough luck...

I hate when parents say "Michael Jordan needs to lower these prices so my son can have him some Jordan 11s or some other sig" when I was working in Footlocker I use to tell parents all the time "well we do have these for a much lower price and they still are JORDANS!" then I they hit me with that "My son dont want no team jays"
mean.gif
Here's a question for you to ponder.

If Nike can make the Soldier in that price range, why can't they make the sig shoe in that range as well?

Don't give me the tech angle either. Tech, isn't needed by a guy who wears souped up inserts inside of his shoes. That's right, LeBron isn't really playing on what you are playing on. Inserts make one helluva difference. Nike plays this game where they know good and well that the team lines aren't good enough for the kid who wants to fit in with the rest of the crowd, due to the peer pressure. All that's going to happen is that once the kid grows, then is able to get what he wants, he'll go and buy what will then be the retro version of that shoe, the one that was desired in the first place.

Many of you are doing just that with Retro Jordan's right now.

So now what you'll probably think is, well, the parents should do a better job, teaching the kid better values...

...well, what's your excuse? 

I've said this on another thread, this shoe, the three hundred dollar version, is not going to touch one basketball court, unless it is worn by LeBron himself. Nobody is stupid enough to wear a three hundred dollar shoe, one using materials that are suspect, especially knowing how poorly put together Nike hoops shoes are these days, on a basketball court.

These shoes are nothing but a wearable talking point.

Last edited:

If Nike can make the Soldier in that price range, why can't they make the sig shoe in that range as well?

Don't give me the tech angle either. Tech, isn't needed by a guy who wears souped up inserts inside of his shoes. That's right, LeBron isn't really playing on what you are playing on. Inserts make one helluva difference. Nike plays this game where they know good and well that the team lines aren't good enough for the kid who wants to fit in with the rest of the crowd, due to the peer pressure. All that's going to happen is that once the kid grows, then is able to get what he wants, he'll go and buy what will then be the retro version of that shoe, the one that was desired in the first place.

Many of you are doing just that with Retro Jordan's right now.

So now what you'll probably think is, well, the parents should do a better job, teaching the kid better values...

...well, what's your excuse? 

I've said this on another thread, this shoe, the three hundred dollar version, is not going to touch one basketball court, unless it is worn by LeBron himself. Nobody is stupid enough to wear a three hundred dollar shoe, one using materials that are suspect, especially knowing how poorly put together Nike hoops shoes are these days, on a basketball court.

These shoes are nothing but a wearable talking point.

On point but they could make a sig shoe at this price point , they just don't care to. No money in that.... I agree we will see little to no one wearing this shoe if they had to pay for it on a court, this is just going to be a conversation piece. Agreed there is no way LeBron is wearing what we buy in stores, no matter how much I hear that I will NEVER believe it.

Last edited:
i find it hilarious that the X+, $300 pair, is being talked about so much for its price, when we are all considering $180 to be reasonable. People are referring to the X as the economic shoe........Nike, you win.

This is the mentality that is making Nike raise the price in the first place. If people actually wanted the price to remain the same or drop, don't by the over price pos. to bad that will never happen. People will gobble anything up that has a swoosh on the side. I use to think 2k3s and ulraflights were over priced back in the days, but they were beyond their time and probably still outperform these $200+ elites that are coming out. Of course I'm not forced to buy these shoes but dam, how you gonna drop a price of a ps3 on a pair of shoes?

thats like asking Mercedes "why cant you make the SLR & SLS the same price range as the C Class if you can make the C Class affordable"

Look at it as cars. The $300+ LeBron is like your BMW 7 series. Can everybody afford one? and is it in everybody price range? NO! But there is a 180 version for your 5 series buyers and a soldier for the 1 series buyers

YOU HAVE OPTIONS ITS NOT A NEED!

sad part is most of you have spent $300+ on a yeezy 2 that had far less technology.............o I forgot it wanst the shoe that made u spend the money it was the hype and limited amount of pairs :rolleyes

Last edited:
thats like asking Mercedes "why cant you make the SLR & SLS the same price range as the C Class if you can make the C Class affordable"
Look at it as cars. The $300+ LeBron is like your BMW 7 series. Can everybody afford one? and is it in everybody price range? NO! But there is a 180 version for your 5 series buyers and a soldier for the 1 series buyers
YOU HAVE OPTIONS ITS NOT A NEED!
sad part is most of you have spent $300+ on a yeezy 2 that had far less technology.............o I forgot it wanst the shoe that made u spend the money it was the hype and limited amount of pairs
eyes.gif
Here we go again with this dumb assed analogy, comparing sneakers with luxury automobiles.

Basketball shoes are meant to be played in, period.

You don't take a luxury auto, let's use your Benz, to a construction site and then hook it up to a flat bed.

The whole point of making a high priced sneaker is to show how durable and well made the shoe is, all while using quality materials. You pay for quality, not tech, something of Nike's that has never, ever, been proven to do anything any better than what any other company is producing. Nike has taken a plastic shoe, inserted a tweaked distance measuring device, slapped LeBron's name on it, then are charging three hundred dollars for it.

Far less tech..please, talk that crap to someone who doesn't know any better. People played ball way before Nike entered the scene. I don't buy that yeezy crap either.

I hoop. 

Last edited:
Still talking about prices in here...:smh:

C'mon man, you came in here to make a comment about what was being talked about in the thread? You're comment was better than our discussion about price? Nothing has released yet and the price of the shoe is a hot topic why woudnt we still be talking about it. :smh: Still all love tho. You're here because of your passion for sneakers, discuss and express your feelings about your passion!

Even with my useless comment about your useless comment :D I'll try to add some useful opinion to keep the conversation going.

I get the whole "if you got it like that than ball out" argument but be realistic. Oprah, Bill Gates, etc got billions right, you think they would buy million dollar socks made by Louis Vuitton just because they got it? Its not smart spending regardless. I know we all have our vices and all, plus I try my best not to judge others and how they spend their money but c'mon B. NOBODY rich enough to REALLY afford $290 basketball shoes is even interested in wearing basketball shoes IF they even have to pay for them in the first place. Hustling backwards....

I'm fortunate enough for my wallet not to be enticed by this model but the conversation is fun and I hope us as consumers don't tell Nike that this pricing is ok for the Lebron XI...

I think I finally understand the zoom max build in the shoe now after looking at some photos from an ebay listing
I would explain it but some of y'all will not understand...:nerd:
Just look up lebron X on ebay in size 12 and look at the sole of the shoe for a minute

Last edited:
^^^ As I understand your point about the cars, I have to disagree and say that the comparison isn't a fair one. Like someone said earlier, LeBron isn't playing in what we are buying technically speaking. So there is a flaw from the beginning. Also when it comes to options, most people IMO, want to purchase and play in what they see then endorser playing in. Someone made the comment about parents not wanting to pay higher prices for Jordan shoes back in the day, but didn't want to buy the "economical" Jumpmans either because they weren't "Jordans" is because MJ wasn't putting up Tripple Doubles in a Jumpman shoe. I understand technology and have heard the arguement about it, but haven't heard how useful it's going to be. Playing ball in the mid 90's-early 2000's, I watched a teammate make effective lay ups all year, that summer the bought the funny looking shoes that made you walk on your toes all day and by the start of the school year he was jumping for lay ups and waiting to come down, finger rolling the ball in the hoop during pregame warm ups with his elbow close(if not) above the rim. My point is that most of us IMO will purchase this shoe initially for casual purposes and then transition them into a recreational replacement for our current hooping shoes. Others may use them from a performance measure from the door, but even still we are not professional athletes and I think you can achieve what you are trying to obtain without the numbers on a highlight film. Work hard on your performance, go to the gym and DUNK on some dude and you do it without the "+" are you any less prepared of an athlete? Just my two cents. No disrespect intended by the fellow that post above me.

Did none of y'all fools complaining about price read my previous post? Its not the shoe that is warranting the price hike from $180 to $290. Its all the Nike+ tech that's making it $100 over retail. Charging cable, wireless adapter, and 2 sensors are retail value $100. Add in the pressure sensor and the $290 price point makes sense. It doesn't make it right, but the price hike is justified because of the pieces of tech going into the packages.

If Nike really cared they should sell the + enabled shoes separately and give us the option to buy the tech on our own. I'm sure if we buy one set, it should last is for all our pairs for at least a year. Sell the Lebron X+ for $200 or $249 PR whatever so we're not stuck with 3-4 extra sets of sensors. Kinda like how they have the Hyperdunk iD setup.

Last edited:
C'mon man, you came in here to make a comment about what was being talked about in the thread? You're comment was better than our discussion about price? Nothing has released yet and the price of the shoe is a hot topic why woudnt we still be talking about it. :smh: Still all love tho. You're here because of your passion for sneakers, discuss and express your feelings about your passion!
Even with my useless comment about your useless comment :D I'll try to add some useful opinion to keep the conversation going.
I get the whole "if you got it like that than ball out" argument but be realistic. Oprah, Bill Gates, etc got billions right, you think they would buy million dollar socks made by Louis Vuitton just because they got it? Its not smart spending regardless. I know we all have our vices and all, plus I try my best not to judge others and how they spend their money but c'mon B. NOBODY rich enough to REALLY afford $290 basketball shoes is even interested in wearing basketball shoes IF they even have to pay for them in the first place. Hustling backwards....
I'm fortunate enough for my wallet not to be enticed by this model but the conversation is fun and I hope us as consumers don't tell Nike that this pricing is ok for the Lebron XI...

Man you beat me to it. You said everything I just finished typing on this freaking iPhone!

Did none of y'all fools complaining about price read my previous post? Its not the shoe that is warranting the price hike from $180 to $290. Its all the Nike+ tech that's making it $100 over retail. Charging cable, wireless adapter, and 2 sensors are retail value $100. Add in the pressure sensor and the $290 price point makes sense. It doesn't make it right, but the price hike is justified because of the pieces of tech going into the packages.
If Nike really cared they should sell the + enabled shoes separately and give us the option to buy the tech on our own. I'm sure if we buy one set, it should last is for all our pairs for at least a year. Sell the Lebron X+ for $200 or $249 PR whatever so we're not stuck with 3-4 extra sets of sensors. Kinda like how they have the Hyperdunk iD setup.
i agree completely man! being somewhat of a tech nerd.. people need to realize the sensors in this shoes are expensive to make because of the size and function they require. when you go to buy an iphone cable its what? 30 dollars for apple's brand? now add the wireless sensor in the shoe plus a cord...the price makes sense from a tech stand point...it just happens to be outrageous

not sure why people are saying that the elites struggled?

MV sold like hot cakes

Taxis are almost gone

home/away have been thru numerous restocks and even though there are still some out there...THEY HAVE BEEN THRU NUMEROUS RESTOCKS!

the elites did very well at $250

Last edited:

Well, I read your post, and I understand your point. My point is that Apple.. I mean Nike is a multi billion dollar company and I think that they could have spent a little more money on the "R&D" for the technology to make it more interchangeable within the silhouette so that you aren't stacking up multiple sensors and "chips" in the insole of shoes that you are using with the same App(like you said with the Hyperdunks). That's all I'm saying my friend. But I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom