Official Revised LeBron X Thread: Pressures Launch 11/2 Details pg. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ironic that the USA Lebron Xs release in China first. I know it's a very important market, but it's the USA COLORWAY W/ FLAG in a gold medal Olympic year. :smh:
It not uncommon that Nike drops Lebron stuff in China before they drop it here. They dont even drop the Ambassadors here in the US.

Ironic that the USA Lebron Xs release in China first. I know it's a very important market, but it's the USA COLORWAY W/ FLAG in a gold medal Olympic year.
mean.gif
Seriously starting to believe Nike cut a deal with some kind of partner manufacturer to debut certain shoes in China first in an effort to strike a cheaper manufacturer deal, from 5 cents a day to 2 cents. Don't know how that would work at all but perhaps...just perhaps, then again China owns like 70% of the USA so maybe thats the reason
laugh.gif
It makes no sense unless it's China pulling a strong arm move. I wonder if the Soldiers/UWR from the last tournament dropped in China first. I don't remember.

I hope Nike falls flat on its face with this model...I hate the design, colorways so far are...sub-par to say the least. And the 290(310) price tag.....enh, u can keep those....Maybe dope colorways could save this sneaker...every color way is garbage except the olympics...

It makes no sense unless it's China pulling a strong arm move. I wonder if the Soldiers/UWR from the last tournament dropped in China first. I don't remember.

I was joking but hey how do you do that multi quote inside of the next quote, ya know without the two level quote?

It makes great business sense. Creating buzz in China is a huge deal with sneaker companies. Why do you think Nike different Nike athletes have been in China for the past month?

I was joking but hey how do you do that multi quote inside of the next quote, ya know without the two level quote?
You click the multi buttons on the comments you want to quote then you hit quote on one of them. If you hit quote on a double comment like the one above it should just work.
It makes great business sense. Creating buzz in China is a huge deal with sneaker companies. Why do you think Nike different Nike athletes have been in China for the past month?
I'm saying no sense as in China celebrating USAB Men's success. I understand the business sense of it. It also stirs up a buzz here. I just find it odd that they didn't ride the olympic hype with them. When we won gold, I was inclined to buy all three gold medal shoes, but now I just want the Lebron X. Other two are just meh, where as before I was hyped to buy all of them.

I FEEL YOU ON THIS.
I GUESS MY WALLET WILL TAKE A BREATHER AS WELL. NOTHING SO FAR IS A COP BESIDES THE USA COLORWAY. I HAVEN'T SEEN THE OTHER COLORWAYS JM POSTED BUT SOMETHING TELLS ME THEY WILL BE BUTT CRACK AS WELL. GUESS I CAN'T BE MAD AT SAVING MONEY.

It's still early, and I'm sure as with the LeBron line pretty much since the 7 has been an overabundance of colorways. I have a feeling once the X or X+ actually does drop and we start getting some more official pics of what's coming, some of our minds will change. So far the only official pics have been of the USA. Everything else has been taken with some backroom, underground, 1970's grainy 8mm camera action lol.

But nothing wrong with slowing down on the CW's either. As much as I love the LeBron line (been copping since the IV's) does it really need 15+ CW's EACH year??? I don't think so, has nothing to do with watering it down or whatever some of ya'll might say. Just don't think it's necessary. I'd rather only cop a few CW's. And then have the option of spending more later on Playoff or Elite CW's or themed packs. Mostly because I don't care what's "limited" or hot at the time cuz Wale says so...I just buy and WEAR what I like. Just my .02 however. Maybe I'm off my rocker... :tongue:

Last edited:
Here we go again with this dumb assed analogy, comparing sneakers with luxury automobiles.

Basketball shoes are meant to be played in, period.

You don't take a luxury auto, let's use your Benz, to a construction site and then hook it up to a flat bed.

The whole point of making a high priced sneaker is to show how durable and well made the shoe is, all while using quality materials. You pay for quality, not tech, something of Nike's that has never, ever, been proven to do anything any better than what any other company is producing. Nike has taken a plastic shoe, inserted a tweaked distance measuring device, slapped LeBron's name on it, then are charging three hundred dollars for it.

Far less tech..please, talk that crap to someone who doesn't know any better. People played ball way before Nike entered the scene. I don't buy that yeezy crap either.

I hoop. 

The argument that you are presenting is purely hypothetical, due to the intentions of the manufacturer.

Nike made this shoe, the three hundred dollar model, to be played in, particularly due to the elements involved, period. It doesn't matter what YOU and people like YOU plan on using it for, the reason it was created was for basketball, it is as simple as that. You can twist and say whatever it is that you want to say in order to justify your wants and needs, but Nike didn't put a vertical jump measuring device in the shoe, in order to measure how many times you sit down, and then get up off of a toilet.

Let me direct you back to your original statement which you seem to have forgotten.

Nobody is saying you can't play basketball in them. What I'm saying is your statement made ZERO sense coming from anyone who is on NT who is in to sneakers.

That basic premise is why you don't understand the car analogy. A Ferrari is a luxury car and it also goes 180. Now how many people go 180 in it. A Porsche has to go the same 65 that a Hyundai has to. An analogy doesn't have to be an exact comparison.

Last edited:
To promote human rights reform and Sprite? or maybe just the latter

LeBron is my dude obviously, but how can he seriously be OK with allowing Nike to sell shoes with his name on them for THIS price?

I mean given his situation growing up as a poor kid wearing hand me down sneakers...I don't get how he can allow this to go down. I mean I know he probably doesn't have much pull in board meetings, but couldn't he say SOMETHING? I mean I like the shoes (EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE CLEARLY RIPPED OFF FROM THE 8s), but damn bro, 290 and 180 for some shoes you're gonna destroy playing pick up (or in my case, college ball)? That's not right man.

I only wear LeBron's (hooping) so you can see how this affects me...guess I'm only rocking the Soldiers this season. I might get the 180 pair, but I'm holding out on them for a while just on principle.

LeBron is my dude obviously, but how can he seriously be OK with allowing Nike to sell shoes with his name on them for THIS price?

I mean given his situation growing up as a poor kid wearing hand me down sneakers...I don't get how he can allow this to go down. I mean I know he probably doesn't have much pull in board meetings, but couldn't he say SOMETHING? I mean I like the shoes (EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE CLEARLY RIPPED OFF FROM THE 8s), but damn bro, 290 and 180 for some shoes you're gonna destroy playing pick up (or in my case, college ball)? That's not right man.

I only wear LeBron's (hooping) so you can see how this affects me...guess I'm only rocking the Soldiers this season. I might get the 180 pair, but I'm holding out on them for a while just on principle.

Lebron picked to sign that 90 mill contract, thats why he has no say in what price nike will make the shoes.

Dont forget the only reason that they are 290 is because of the Nike+ tech, not because its a Lebron shoe.

To promote human rights reform and Sprite? or maybe just the latter

Kobe goes there for the Pinays. :rolleyes :D

Nike got the US market in a chokehold. No need to promote here as shoes sell on hype alone, which it's at maximum levels. They're looking to do the same with the international market since some of the shoes that sell out here sit on shelves. I don't mind having to wait to save up because when they release they release in droves.

Let me direct you back to your original statement which you seem to have forgotten.
Nobody is saying you can't play basketball in them. What I'm saying is your statement made ZERO sense coming from anyone who is on NT who is in to sneakers.
That basic premise is why you don't understand the car analogy. A Ferrari is a luxury car and it also goes 180. Now how many people go 180 in it. A Porsche has to go the same 65 that a Hyundai has to. An analogy doesn't have to be an exact comparison.
I know what I said, and I stand by it. These are made for hoops.

So now you are moving the goal posts, in an effort to sound correct. No matter how you slice it, this is what YOU said.
No, sneakers are meant to be worn.
This isn't 1980 where people only buy and wear sneakers for their intended purpose.
You only can wear Air Max to run in? You only can wear SB's to skateboard in? What are Chuck Taylor's meant for, since they were originally basketball sneakers?

Last edited:
Just thought i share this here also posted in the the Lebrons 9s Thread also but some guy on my Instagram claiming he has the Xs and the elites from Championship package .

Yes i was trciked for a millisecond .
Yes i know they Fake lol
just thought i would post here
he says they are "Samples "

Of course he could say something, ala Kevin Durant with the lower price shoes with not quite the "so call technology" the LeBrons have. I am pretty sure Durant signed a contract worth alot of money like Lebron did, and he made it known off the top he did not want high price shoes. Or he could go the Chris Webber route and say if my shoes are not lowered, I will not re -up my contract when it expires. I have said that earlier given that LeBron went from house to house growing up, it is surprising that he would let a shoe with this RIDICULOUS price tag even be a thought. But, I guess money can make you forget about a bunch of things, especially when you have as much as he does.

I understand what you guys are saying when youre talking about Lebron having a say so in the price coming from his up bringing, but there are other options. The soldier line is cheaper they are pretty good shoes. Or you can other cheaper shoes that Nike has. Everybody cant have the top end shoe.

Just thought i share this here also posted in the the Lebrons 9s Thread also but some guy on my Instagram claiming he has the Xs and the elites from Championship package .
Yes i was trciked for a millisecond .
Yes i know they Fake lol
just thought i would post here
he says they are "Samples "
:rolleyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom