Official Revised LeBron X Thread: Pressures Launch 11/2 Details pg. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've actually had something similar happen to a pair of Prada loafers. Thankfully got them discounted at Neiman Marcus Outlet ($245 instead of retail $620) but still it happened. The Silver didn't "chip" but it tarnished and could not be cleaned off without damaging the lock and the rest of the shoe. Is very noticeable. It can happen to anything honestly. After I put the shoe on I really don't care about that tarnish just like I don't care about the chip on the swoosh as much. The Swoosh chipping doesn't compromise the performance or the durability of the actual shoe. That's my point. The shoe is very well made with the exception of the check, which has nothing but an aesthetic purpose. At the end of the day, are you going to play better hoops if your swoosh doesn't chip?
But you can send the shoe back to Prada, and they will change the defect for you. With every Prada purchase, the item comes with a proof of purchase authenticity card. 

I've done it for my lady and her Prada handbag.

The swoosh chipping leaves the shoe looking sloppy, which is a defect. You can't send them back to Nike for them to fix, because they intentionally put the swoosh on like that.

But hey, if you are happy with the shoes? Cool.

I know that I would not be.
True. I could send them back to Prada for repair just like I could send the Elites back to Nike and actually and get a voucher. But like you said I'm OK with both of them and it's cool. I'll probably get some more wears out of the Elites and send them back at the end of the year. Get a voucher to offset the cost of the X+ kit or something like that. 

outside of the fake analysts in this thread, I must add my piece.

the X look hella narrow
nightwing did mention that they are TTS lengthwise but narrow in terms of width, which means I might have to get a sz 15 in the Xs if I decide to get any at all.

BTW thanks for the new pics of the Cutting Jades kingofny, will add them to the first page.

Just noticed, the Jades appear to have a slightly different tongue compared to the other Xs.

Last edited:
I started off liking the look of the X's, but now my wallet and I are glad to say I probably won't be getting any of these releases we have seen thus far. I like the white floridians, but not enough for me to commit to. I also liked the Cutting Jades initially, but the new pictures turned me off quite a bit. We'll see though :tongue:

I understood the hype, they are light as hell and durable. The Crazy Light is a very good shoe if it fits you properly, as with all shoes. In regard to creasing, not everyone shares the opinion that this is a sign of poor quality, or maybe even a performance issue. 

Chipping is a problem, a serious quality issue for me. Can you imagine buying a pair of Gucci Loafers, what do they go for, about five bills now? So if you are like me, you wear them on the sidewalks of NYC, Midtown, and someone accidently steps on them, chipping the silver bit while they are brand new.

Would you be happy about that? Gucci uses top of the line materials for their kicks, so that hasn't been an issue, but could you imagine the bad image they'd have with their customers, if this were a problem?

I don't know, when you spend two fiddy for a top of the line sneaker, that thing, even the paint should look like new, until the sole is gone.

The LBJIII does just that. Those things are TANKS.
Why didnt you like the IV's?

Last edited:
video_image-065145.jpg

video_image-065146.jpg

I am a sucker for a dope sock liner design for some reason, its what sold me on the Freegums, so I think I just found the 1st shoe that has my attention with the X in the Cutting Jade. The tongue looks awesome too! I'll pick these up simply because I LOVE the color and I'll decide if I keep them later with my feelings of the X silhouette still not fond. So far Jade is nice, hopefully the X will have detail like this on other releases as well.

Will this thread return to the LeBron X shoe discussion?.... I think I've seen enough of this Nike vs. Adidas banter... Who gives a ??? If you don't like it, don't buy it..

video_image-065145.jpg

video_image-065146.jpg

I am a sucker for a dope sock liner design for some reason, its what sold me on the Freegums, so I think I just found the 1st shoe that has my attention with the X in the Cutting Jade. The tongue looks awesome too! I'll pick these up simply because I LOVE the color and I'll decide if I keep them later with my feelings of the X silhouette still not fond. So far Jade is nice, hopefully the X will have detail like this on other releases as well.
This tongue looks better than the USA +'s IMO...

Just noticed, the Jades appear to have a slightly different tongue compared to the other Xs.

You mean the diamonds and the rightside up crown or the tab that sticks up? If the latter, the tongue is sunken down so the tab doesn't look as high.

True. I could send them back to Prada for repair just like I could send the Elites back to Nike and actually and get a voucher. But like you said I'm OK with both of them and it's cool. I'll probably get some more wears out of the Elites and send them back at the end of the year. Get a voucher to offset the cost of the X+ kit or something like that. 
BUT, the shoe itself is still defective. If they fixed the problem, it would continue to happen. That's not right.
Why did you like the IV's?
 I don't think that I said that I did.

Last edited:
the idea of the jades is nice. not a fan of the metallic/matte-ish green i wish they would have used a more vibrant color.

i am still a fan of the blue diamonds though

not sure if i even like the idea of not getting the lion head lace lock though.

I see creasing and wrinkling as a huge durability issue. Not only does it look terrible, but as time goes on those creases become more prominent and actually make the shoe flex funny (if that makes any sense). I have dress shoes that have had some wrinkles in them, especially the softer leather ones, but I'm not doing anything athletic in them to warrant it an issue. To me, the Swoosh chipping isn't the end of the world. It has no bearing on the performance of the shoe. I can always re-paint it/finish it, which I plan to do eventually. People actually comment, "Oh Swoosh is chipped? You must ball in them." Again, I'm not 100% happy that they're chipped, but I can live with it. The comfort and durability of the rest of the shoe makes up for it. 

Creasing is not a durability issue. Creasing has nothing to do with durability, it's strictly an aesthetic thing and does not make a shoe "flex funny". That's all in your head because you think creases look ugly. Are your dress shoes uncomfortable because the creasing has caused them to flex funny? The amount of time people spend focusing on a shoe creasing is insane.

^^^

In my honest opinion, lace locks are unnecessary gimmicks. I've taken them of all the kicks I've owned in the past - Jordan V, VI, VII. Who has the time to mess with some junk when a simply knot will lock you down and get you rollin'?

Anyways those 'Jade' Xs are a no-go. Does anyone know if they'll drop 'simple' colourways like White/Navy or White/Red?

I keep hoping for a killer colorway to surface but so far nothing has. The Jade's are atrocious. The Blue Diamond's are boring. The only X's worth copping are the Olympics and the home Floridians.

I know this might be a stupid question, but why do they show the air bags glowing in certain photos? I assume it is just for photos? Or since they have the + system in them, maybe when they sync or something they glow? Anyone know for sure?

I see creasing and wrinkling as a huge durability issue. Not only does it look terrible, but as time goes on those creases become more prominent and actually make the shoe flex funny (if that makes any sense). I have dress shoes that have had some wrinkles in them, especially the softer leather ones, but I'm not doing anything athletic in them to warrant it an issue. To me, the Swoosh chipping isn't the end of the world. It has no bearing on the performance of the shoe. I can always re-paint it/finish it, which I plan to do eventually. People actually comment, "Oh Swoosh is chipped? You must ball in them." Again, I'm not 100% happy that they're chipped, but I can live with it. The comfort and durability of the rest of the shoe makes up for it. 
Creasing is not a durability issue. Creasing has nothing to do with durability, it's strictly an aesthetic thing and does not make a shoe "flex funny". That's all in your head because you think creases look ugly. Are your dress shoes uncomfortable because the creasing has caused them to flex funny? The amount of time people spend focusing on a shoe creasing is insane.
Think about it, you bend the paper thin leather over and over again in the same spot. What's going to happen? The outside leather finish is going to crack. My Ferragamo dress shoes are built with a thick, high quality leather that even creased does not crack. Nike/Adidas/Reebok all use leathers that are no way comparable to Ferragamo dress shoes and will crack after a while. 

Creasing is more a durability issue than paint chipping off a Swoosh. The Swoosh isn't an integral structure piece of the shoe. The toebox/upper of a shoe being creased can actually cause your shoe more harm than minor paint chipping on a non-integral side not on the midsole. Hence, the reason I brought it up.

Last edited:
i dont know why they made the medial swoosh white, i doesnt really go with the shoe well. Or maybe its the angle.

I keep hoping for a killer colorway to surface but so far nothing has. The Jade's are atrocious. The Blue Diamond's are boring. The only X's worth copping are the Olympics and the home Floridians.

Jades don't really do it for me

STILL NOT IMPRESSED WITH CUTTING JADES. PASS.
WOULD LIKE TO SEE PICS OF "MIAMI NIGHTS" AND "SOUTH BEACH" COLORWAYS

Jades arent anything special IMO

Quite pleased that nobody is feeling these, should make my purchase so much easier. Nice!

Also with these being green is it safe to say the Christmas CW will be Red?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom