** Official Rick Ross Thread "Rather You Than Me' Album March 17 2017 **

Wayne made the mistake of changing up his style of music and image after Carter 3.That messed up the run he was having during that time.He was at his peak around C1,C2,Drought Mixtape Series,and C3.What killed him was the alternative rock music/skateboard hobby image change up after that classic run.He had hood cats perplexed.I always told people Wayne isnt what you think.He was a child prodigy before he was a teenager.It was just on a lower scale.So him being out of his mind on lean 24/7,skateboarding everyday,singing to rock music didnt surprise me after C3.This wouldve been like watching 2pac building toy trains/remote control cars.And making Rick James funk type music after the Makivali album.He messed up at being compared to Pac,Nas,Big,Hov level.You have to stay in your lane musically.And improve little by little until you reach your peak.Whats crazy is.Is that if Wayne would of stayed in that zone.We gotten a couple of real classic rap albums out of him.He had some classic verses on some features after C3.We got some glimpses of the old Wayne.Just not in album format as of lately.Drake can get away with experimenting musically.Because he wasnt ever at one point a 100% rapper.Drake is a pop artist that knows how to rap.So he confuses rap fans and critiques alot.He can make a full rap song spitting heat.But hes not a 100% rapper.His albums and singles should show you that.Ross has defenately passed T.I. and Jeezy though.As a rapper,Ross is smart.Hes played it very safe in his entire run.He never tried to move out of his lane.And got better at it over time.It doesn't hurt that his selection is A1.

Why do yall keep ending wayne run in 08? After that he still had no ceiling, sorry 4 the wait, carter 4 etc. Rappers today still use his "sorry 4 the ___" on their tapes. His run was until like 2013 tbh

Why do yall keep ending wayne run in 08? After that he still had no ceiling, sorry 4 the wait, carter 4 etc. Rappers today still use his "sorry 4 the ___" on their tapes. His run was until like 2013 tbh

Yea I had that discussion on here last week and just let it go. Dude had plenty of bangers after 08.

I was just about to ask why No Ceilings & S4TW wasn't being brought up. Those two tapes still get a lot of play even from the younger crowd.

I still can't put Rozay above T.I. T.I has to stay above him for the simple fact that he dropped 3 back to back to back classic projects in Trap Muzik, Urban Legend & King. Lets not forget the work he did on that "Gangsta Grillz F A Mixtape" project.

When the south was on that crunk and snap wave TI and Boosie was bringing that heat.

Everybody wanna be the king of the south, they ain't running a damn thing but they mouth :smokin

Ross and TI passed scarface. Maybe not from a technical standpoint but overall they're ahead.

Last edited:
That grown man Henny sipping music :pimp:

Ross so underrated as a lyricist man. It's criminal. Fat boy really be rappin rappin.

What's up with the dated *** attempts at bangers though :rofl:. Feel like Ross went on YouTube and typed in "Lex Luger Type beat 2010".....and just ran with the first 3 he clicked on :rofl:

For a dude who's production ear is impeccable as it is, son be really missing on his trap beats. Lex and that whole sound been done, and Ross seem to be the last one to get the memo. I would love to hear him.over some 808 mafia beats.

Dog aint nobody bumping no darn Scarface today. He's a legend no doubt, but c'monnnnnnn

Maybe that's the problem

You're listening to Young Thug, Rich Homie Quan and Lil Yachty

Nothing to be proud of b

It's like saying nobody is listening to no Earth, Wind and Fire or Michael Jackson today

But it goes back to my saying, rap fans are dumb

Ross, TI and Wayne, offer me music for many different occasions and situations unlike face. It's taboo putting other southern rappers above face but I think they've passed him.

T.I.'s **** A Mixtape and **** Da City Up tapes were trash.

S4TW and basically everything he released after 2010 has been either very mediocre, or a complete dumpster. S4TW was only talked about cause of that "purposely horrible" Lil' B verse from Grove St Party. Hell, Wa_n_ couldn't even out-rap 2Chainz on that Collegrove album. Constantly mentioning him is like me mentioning Eminem, knowing he hasn't made a front to back listenable album since Eminem Show. That was 15 years ago.

Scarface made one of the better rap albums less than 2 years ago. He ain't Rah D i g g a making 2 albums in 20 years.

Last edited:
Dog aint nobody bumping no darn Scarface today. He's a legend no doubt, but c'monnnnnnn

Maybe that's the problem

You're listening to Young Thug, Rich Homie Quan and Lil Yachty

Nothing to be proud of b

It's like saying nobody is listening to no Earth, Wind and Fire or Michael Jackson today

But it goes back to my saying, rap fans are dumb

You shouldn't have brought up Scarface. These _'s don't know. :lol:

That's why I kept it at post 2005 rappers.

The Diary
The Fix
Last Of A Dying Breed
Untouchable

Still get played. Scarface is a god in DC.

Too much blasphemy in this thread

Scarface >

This was about those southern rappers that came up around the similar time. Scarface was excluded because he was before that time.

No need to turn this into a generational thing for the umpth time.

I'm 27 & from Da Sip so I think I know about a southern rapper like Scarface.. *kanye shrug*

Forget a lil yatchy, RHQ & Thug.. Don't know what makes you think I care about those garbage juice "artists".

double 
mean.gif
mean.gif
 at dude for saying F A Mixtape is garbage. 

Last edited:
Very, very, very solid album from Ross... A lot better than I expected it to be...

I was glad to see him get back to these caviar beats... The saxophone is laid delicately through a couple of these tracks... :pimp:

'Apple Of My Eye" and 'Santorini Greece' are incredible... Hell of a way to open the album...

Everything from 'I Think She Like Me' back to 'MMV' is silky too...

My only gripe with this album, which is my same gripe with 'Teflon Don' and 'GFID', is the sequencing of the album...

I absolutely HATE when he throws trap songs smack-dab in the middle of an album... It really disrupts the cohesiveness and tone to those projects...

Teflon Don: Luxury/Mafioso Music -> | MC HAMMER / BMF | -> back to Luxury/Mafioso Music

GFID: Luxury/Mafioso Music -> | HOLD ME BACK / 911 / SO SOPHISTICATED | -> back to Luxury/Mafioso Music

RYTM: Luxury/Mafioso Music -> | TRAP TRAP TRAP / DEAD PRESIDENTS / SHE ON MY D**K | -> back to Luxury/Mafioso Music

His better albums, IMO (Deeper Than Rap & Mastermind) are the ones that ride all the way through and keeps that same tone... Again, that's for me tho...

'Game Aint Based On Sympathy' :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x s**t make me feel like I'm wearing a 50ft mink at a cigar bar...

The way the track builds up on 'Scientology' >>>>>>>>>

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom