Official Sacramento Kings Off-season Thread

We need pics. 
laugh.gif

Landry is a solid role player that can help a playoff team now. Best of luck to him.

No pics, I figured after spending an hour with him it would have been awkward to ask for a pic
laugh.gif
plus I was drunk as hell
roll.gif
roll.gif

He was by himself and I asked him what he was doing in the 916, he said he was with his buddy's and visiting a girl... but they were no where in sight
frown.gif

It was hilarious playing $10 hands with him
laugh.gif

No pics, I figured after spending an hour with him it would have been awkward to ask for a pic
laugh.gif
plus I was drunk as hell
roll.gif
roll.gif

He was by himself and I asked him what he was doing in the 916, he said he was with his buddy's and visiting a girl... but they were no where in sight
frown.gif

It was hilarious playing $10 hands with him
laugh.gif

I know you wouldn't say this because you be a Martin hater, but I would be like, "You bunz, we traded Martin away for you and you asked to come off the bench?" 
laugh.gif

I know you wouldn't say this because you be a Martin hater, but I would be like, "You bunz, we traded Martin away for you and you asked to come off the bench?" 
laugh.gif

TBH he was low-key one of my favorite players before he was even traded to the Kings, especially coming from Purdue; I'm from there
laugh.gif

So meeting him was a
eek.gif
eek.gif
experience for me...... But when we were telling each other where about we live I told him I lived by K-Mart, then paused for like 15 seconds and remembered he was traded for Carl
laugh.gif
we had a good chuckle outta that

TBH he was low-key one of my favorite players before he was even traded to the Kings, especially coming from Purdue; I'm from there
laugh.gif

So meeting him was a
eek.gif
eek.gif
experience for me...... But when we were telling each other where about we live I told him I lived by K-Mart, then paused for like 15 seconds and remembered he was traded for Carl
laugh.gif
we had a good chuckle outta that

nba will probably move them to seattle but make them trade cousins and evans first... really get seattle good

nba will probably move them to seattle but make them trade cousins and evans first... really get seattle good

Originally Posted by scwoogie

This statement is pure stupidity.

Originally Posted by scwoogie

This statement is pure stupidity.

Jimmer is throwing an "ASG" in Provo featuring all 3 of the Kings rookies
nerd.gif

Thats all the Kings news I got
laugh.gif

Jimmer is throwing an "ASG" in Provo featuring all 3 of the Kings rookies
nerd.gif

Thats all the Kings news I got
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

I am sorry, but the Kings ain't the Lakers. This isn't Kobe and Shaq.
laugh.gif
The Kings will never have the luxury of trading away talent just to please a potentially better talent.

I only said the trade worked out because Thornton does a lot things similar to Martin and his contract will be cheaper than Martin's. I am not buying the whole we gotta trade anyone that is in Tyreke's way from superstar stardom on the Kings. They probably felt that those two didn't mesh well and Tyreke proved his worth by leading the Kings to the majority of the Kings' wins that season when Martin was injured. The Kings did go on a losing streak when Martin came back and of course Martin was frustrated. The Kings would also have drafted Greg Monroe over Cousins if that was the case too because Cousins is mos def going to get in Tyreke's way. As a Kings fan, I am happy that someone does challenge Tyreke because hopefully it will make Tyreke better and more importantly, the team better.

The Kings made a mistake in trading Martin so quickly and lucked out by getting Thornton two years later. Martin's trade value was too low at that time and there was just no need to force something like trading for Carl Landry, a super 6th man at the time.

If you are right and Tyreke is one of those players that need to be the "man" by himself and coddled by the organization then dayum, the Kings won't be winning anything any time soon.       

LeBron and Wade can work together for the most part, I would be
indifferent.gif
Tyreke if he doesn't adapt with Martin/Thornton/etc. Like I said, prove me wrong, Tyreke.     

The situations with these other players are a little different. Back at the time, the Kings were blinded by the Reke hype and the potential for him to lead the NBA's new school with Rose, Durant, and the others. This type of thinking leads to GMs handing teams over - in this case, probably too early and for too little. Martin is a special player; he just wasn't special enough to keep up with this hype. He was stuck in that area where he's too good to be asked to be a supporting role player, but not good enough for GMs to keep around and hope things smooth over.
My thinking is a bit different than the GMs. I'm trying to play psychic and say that their styles didn't mesh, and that in the long run it's better for Tyreke not to play with someone whose game would conflict with his own. I can never know if this is right, but it's the feeling I got from the limited time that they played together.

I think it's funny that we're still looking back and wondering "what if's" about Tyreke and K-Mart like they're Kobe and Shaq 
roll.gif

P.S. It doesn't look like they gave Webber his mini-fro in 2K12 
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

I am sorry, but the Kings ain't the Lakers. This isn't Kobe and Shaq.
laugh.gif
The Kings will never have the luxury of trading away talent just to please a potentially better talent.

I only said the trade worked out because Thornton does a lot things similar to Martin and his contract will be cheaper than Martin's. I am not buying the whole we gotta trade anyone that is in Tyreke's way from superstar stardom on the Kings. They probably felt that those two didn't mesh well and Tyreke proved his worth by leading the Kings to the majority of the Kings' wins that season when Martin was injured. The Kings did go on a losing streak when Martin came back and of course Martin was frustrated. The Kings would also have drafted Greg Monroe over Cousins if that was the case too because Cousins is mos def going to get in Tyreke's way. As a Kings fan, I am happy that someone does challenge Tyreke because hopefully it will make Tyreke better and more importantly, the team better.

The Kings made a mistake in trading Martin so quickly and lucked out by getting Thornton two years later. Martin's trade value was too low at that time and there was just no need to force something like trading for Carl Landry, a super 6th man at the time.

If you are right and Tyreke is one of those players that need to be the "man" by himself and coddled by the organization then dayum, the Kings won't be winning anything any time soon.       

LeBron and Wade can work together for the most part, I would be
indifferent.gif
Tyreke if he doesn't adapt with Martin/Thornton/etc. Like I said, prove me wrong, Tyreke.     

The situations with these other players are a little different. Back at the time, the Kings were blinded by the Reke hype and the potential for him to lead the NBA's new school with Rose, Durant, and the others. This type of thinking leads to GMs handing teams over - in this case, probably too early and for too little. Martin is a special player; he just wasn't special enough to keep up with this hype. He was stuck in that area where he's too good to be asked to be a supporting role player, but not good enough for GMs to keep around and hope things smooth over.
My thinking is a bit different than the GMs. I'm trying to play psychic and say that their styles didn't mesh, and that in the long run it's better for Tyreke not to play with someone whose game would conflict with his own. I can never know if this is right, but it's the feeling I got from the limited time that they played together.

I think it's funny that we're still looking back and wondering "what if's" about Tyreke and K-Mart like they're Kobe and Shaq 
roll.gif

laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

SenorRoboto2k5 wrote:

roll.gif

laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

Nobody thought Tyreke was part of the new school cats like Rose and Durant in the beginning of the season. James Harden and Thabeet were drafted before dude. You ain't a psychic either. Ain't nothing funny about this topic except for your psychic abilities and explanations. Petrie knows the NBA ain't NT. Hype don't mean you trade your best player away.
laugh.gif

Sidebar, the Kings will have alternate black unis next season. End the lockout!
laugh.gif

SenorRoboto2k5 wrote:

roll.gif

laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

Nobody thought Tyreke was part of the new school cats like Rose and Durant in the beginning of the season. James Harden and Thabeet were drafted before dude. You ain't a psychic either. Ain't nothing funny about this topic except for your psychic abilities and explanations. Petrie knows the NBA ain't NT. Hype don't mean you trade your best player away.
laugh.gif

Sidebar, the Kings will have alternate black unis next season. End the lockout!
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom