Official Sacramento Kings Off-season Thread

How is the lockout going to affect us and the relocation stuff?
frown.gif

I think realistically if we don't hit a home run with a free agent big man we should take a look at Chris Wilcox, and maybe Troy Murphy and Kenyon Martin
nerd.gif

I think realistically if we don't hit a home run with a free agent big man we should take a look at Chris Wilcox, and maybe Troy Murphy and Kenyon Martin
nerd.gif

What are ya'll gonna do while the lockout is in place and there is no new NBA/Kings news???

What are ya'll gonna do while the lockout is in place and there is no new NBA/Kings news???

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

nerd.gif
They don't want to play for the Kings. And they will continue to underachieve. Can we get some vets with leadership qualities?
laugh.gif

nerd.gif
They don't want to play for the Kings. And they will continue to underachieve. Can we get some vets with leadership qualities?
laugh.gif

Sacramento is in the worst position to survive the lockout out of all the small-market teams. All that momentum from saving the team from relocation, drafting Jimmer and making the Hickson trade dies. You all got a really promising young team, too. It would really suck to see all that go to waste. The Maloofs just don't have enough money to be legit NBA owners. If they weren't so tight with Stern they'd be out.

Sacramento is in the worst position to survive the lockout out of all the small-market teams. All that momentum from saving the team from relocation, drafting Jimmer and making the Hickson trade dies. You all got a really promising young team, too. It would really suck to see all that go to waste. The Maloofs just don't have enough money to be legit NBA owners. If they weren't so tight with Stern they'd be out.

I honestly think the lockout will have no effect as to whether or not the Kings play in Sacramento beyond this upcoming season. The only thing that matters is the negotiations off the court to fund the new arena plan, totally non-basketball related. Purely political.

Sacramento will come to the games this season whether its 50 games or 25 because they know this upcoming season could be the last. We dodged a bullet last month but we know we can't dodge another one, we'll show up.

The lockout would only have affected the Kings or Royals or whatever the hell they wanted to call themselves after moving to Anaheim because that's less time to market a new team. Up here they don't have to do that because they're in a market that knows them well seeing as how the Kings are the only pro sports franchise in the area. UFL don't count.

I honestly think the lockout will have no effect as to whether or not the Kings play in Sacramento beyond this upcoming season. The only thing that matters is the negotiations off the court to fund the new arena plan, totally non-basketball related. Purely political.

Sacramento will come to the games this season whether its 50 games or 25 because they know this upcoming season could be the last. We dodged a bullet last month but we know we can't dodge another one, we'll show up.

The lockout would only have affected the Kings or Royals or whatever the hell they wanted to call themselves after moving to Anaheim because that's less time to market a new team. Up here they don't have to do that because they're in a market that knows them well seeing as how the Kings are the only pro sports franchise in the area. UFL don't count.

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

nerd.gif
They don't want to play for the Kings. 
laugh.gif
This is true. 
100% agree with Lightweight, the politicians that are behind the arena are moving full steam ahead right now and its looking good. 

Bottom line is if the arena comes to fruition by March then we are in the clear.

If not, I hope the NBA is locked out forever...... 
eyes.gif

nerd.gif
They don't want to play for the Kings. 
laugh.gif
This is true. 
100% agree with Lightweight, the politicians that are behind the arena are moving full steam ahead right now and its looking good. 

Bottom line is if the arena comes to fruition by March then we are in the clear.

If not, I hope the NBA is locked out forever...... 
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

The Kings need a more non-traditional point guard to fit in the system. In my opinion, Tyreke functions as a point guard regardless of what position they put him at. The ideal point guard wouldn't need to handle the ball to be effective - i.e. Cavs' Mo Williams, young Derek Fisher, Kirk Hinrich, maybe Aaron Brooks. Just spot up to hit shots, be able to defend other PGs, and keep the ball moving smoothly when the ball isn't in Tyreke's hands.
Exactly why I like Jimmer....
You two both hate Kevin Martin too.
laugh.gif
Back to chime in randomly on this team again.
I'm still convinced getting rid of Martin was a good idea. They took a step back talent wise but they knew that's what they were doing. The point of the trade was addition by subtraction. Martin liked to handle the ball (or just chuck it) more than he should have. The point of the trade was to open things up for Tyreke, an effect that wasn't really felt because he spent most of last season hurting. If Martin had played his role more effectively - as a spot-up shooter who occasionally put the ball on the floor, a la Ray Allen - he would've been a great fit. I didn't think it would happen, and I guess Kings management didn't either.

Back to free agency, the lineup I mentioned a few weeks ago (Brooks/Reke/Chandler/JT/Cousins) included Wilson Chandler, not Tyson Chandler. Sorry. JT would've played the 4 in that scenario. But now that Hickson's here, I guess it's moot. Hickson was a good pickup since they have a glut of 3's, but he needs to show more consistency than he did last year for him to have a good enough impact.

Since they drafted Jimmer, I guess they don't need to be on the hunt for a spot-up shooting PG anymore. My guess is they'll just focus on quality wing players to fill the 3. I still say Chandler is the best target. He's not staying in Denver, and I bet he'd just like a place where he has room to play. Sac is perfect for him. Now that Shannon Brown is on the market I can see the Kings, for some reason (even though he's not a 3), having interest just because he's Shannon Brown (THEY NEED TO STAY THE HELL AWAY).

Again, with some luck in FA and Jimmer at all panning out, a month or two in the season a good lineup would be: Jimmer / Tyreke / Wilson Chandler / Hickson / Cousins, with Thornton heavy in the guard rotation.

But my guess is Reke / Thornton / Salmons / Hickson / Cousins start the season.

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

The Kings need a more non-traditional point guard to fit in the system. In my opinion, Tyreke functions as a point guard regardless of what position they put him at. The ideal point guard wouldn't need to handle the ball to be effective - i.e. Cavs' Mo Williams, young Derek Fisher, Kirk Hinrich, maybe Aaron Brooks. Just spot up to hit shots, be able to defend other PGs, and keep the ball moving smoothly when the ball isn't in Tyreke's hands.
Exactly why I like Jimmer....
You two both hate Kevin Martin too.
laugh.gif
Back to chime in randomly on this team again.
I'm still convinced getting rid of Martin was a good idea. They took a step back talent wise but they knew that's what they were doing. The point of the trade was addition by subtraction. Martin liked to handle the ball (or just chuck it) more than he should have. The point of the trade was to open things up for Tyreke, an effect that wasn't really felt because he spent most of last season hurting. If Martin had played his role more effectively - as a spot-up shooter who occasionally put the ball on the floor, a la Ray Allen - he would've been a great fit. I didn't think it would happen, and I guess Kings management didn't either.

Back to free agency, the lineup I mentioned a few weeks ago (Brooks/Reke/Chandler/JT/Cousins) included Wilson Chandler, not Tyson Chandler. Sorry. JT would've played the 4 in that scenario. But now that Hickson's here, I guess it's moot. Hickson was a good pickup since they have a glut of 3's, but he needs to show more consistency than he did last year for him to have a good enough impact.

Since they drafted Jimmer, I guess they don't need to be on the hunt for a spot-up shooting PG anymore. My guess is they'll just focus on quality wing players to fill the 3. I still say Chandler is the best target. He's not staying in Denver, and I bet he'd just like a place where he has room to play. Sac is perfect for him. Now that Shannon Brown is on the market I can see the Kings, for some reason (even though he's not a 3), having interest just because he's Shannon Brown (THEY NEED TO STAY THE HELL AWAY).

Again, with some luck in FA and Jimmer at all panning out, a month or two in the season a good lineup would be: Jimmer / Tyreke / Wilson Chandler / Hickson / Cousins, with Thornton heavy in the guard rotation.

But my guess is Reke / Thornton / Salmons / Hickson / Cousins start the season.

Back
Top Bottom