Originally Posted by 100PROOF

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by NothingToL0se

the talent is there.
the coaching? nah.
Did a coach throw 2 INTs, fumble in the redzone or muff a punt? The game was coached fine. The players screwed up.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi...010/09/21/SPC21FGRN6.DTL
Smith said he no trouble understanding the calls and getting them radioed to him in time. There was one delay-of-game penalty against the 49ers, late in the third quarter, but it had nothing to do with communications: Tight end Vernon Davis was late getting on the field following a kickoff.

"The buckle came loose on my helmet," he said. "I had to get my helmet adjusted."

Smith said he thought Davis might have anticipated a TV timeout that didn't come. He called it "a freak thing."

Like I said, the problems w/ the 9ers last night were all on the field. You can't blame coaches for the turnovers that falls on the players Smith, Gore, Walker, and Adams.
2w6ys5w.jpg

this too?
they had to take a timeout b/c they only had 10 men on the field. AND this came right after the saints took their timeout. How do u have all that dead time to set a play and fail to get ready still?

we can go back and forth all day. However, the point is, there's definitely room for improvement and mistakes like these should not continue to happen.

So what? The result of the timeout call kept them out of the endzone, plus manusky called a good game against the saints. 1 burned timeout doesn't equal 4 turnovers.

the talent is there.
the coaching? nah.
Did a coach throw 2 INTs, fumble in the redzone or muff a punt? The game was coached fine. The players screwed up.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi...010/09/21/SPC21FGRN6.DTL
Smith said he no trouble understanding the calls and getting them radioed to him in time. There was one delay-of-game penalty against the 49ers, late in the third quarter, but it had nothing to do with communications: Tight end Vernon Davis was late getting on the field following a kickoff.

"The buckle came loose on my helmet," he said. "I had to get my helmet adjusted."

Smith said he thought Davis might have anticipated a TV timeout that didn't come. He called it "a freak thing."

Like I said, the problems w/ the 9ers last night were all on the field. You can't blame coaches for the turnovers that falls on the players Smith, Gore, Walker, and Adams.
2w6ys5w.jpg

this too?
they had to take a timeout b/c they only had 10 men on the field. AND this came right after the saints took their timeout. How do u have all that dead time to set a play and fail to get ready still?

we can go back and forth all day. However, the point is, there's definitely room for improvement and mistakes like these should not continue to happen.

So what? The result of the timeout call kept them out of the endzone, plus manusky called a good game against the saints. 1 burned timeout doesn't equal 4 turnovers.

laugh.gif
okay dude.

hindsight is always 20-20. keep it up.
you're obviously looking at it from a single game perspective, where as i'm not. I'm seeing something that has happened for over a year now.  we done? cool.

laugh.gif
okay dude.

hindsight is always 20-20. keep it up.
you're obviously looking at it from a single game perspective, where as i'm not. I'm seeing something that has happened for over a year now.  we done? cool.

If a coach sees a player is having equipment issues, dont you think it would be the coaches JOB to send someone else out there instead of getting a penalty?

Im done arguing about this. Our coaching is horrible, and while it may not have been the reason we lost last night, its still absolutely unacceptabe.

If a coach sees a player is having equipment issues, dont you think it would be the coaches JOB to send someone else out there instead of getting a penalty?

Im done arguing about this. Our coaching is horrible, and while it may not have been the reason we lost last night, its still absolutely unacceptabe.

Who gives a !++#??

I dont know why we arent talking more about 3 turnovers inside the Saints 30 yard line or the 4th quarter muffed punt.

%+@$ a 5 yard penalty my man, those turnovers costed us at the very least 9 points and/or a chance to win the game at the end rather than needing a TD and 2PT conversion to tie.

Who gives a !++#??

I dont know why we arent talking more about 3 turnovers inside the Saints 30 yard line or the 4th quarter muffed punt.

%+@$ a 5 yard penalty my man, those turnovers costed us at the very least 9 points and/or a chance to win the game at the end rather than needing a TD and 2PT conversion to tie.

Originally Posted by Drizzyd

Who gives a !++#??

Just like 100Proof, you are completely missing the point.  No, this didnt cost us the game.  Not even close.  But along with last weeks debacle, and all of last year, we are seeing that our coaching staff simply is not doing its job.  When is the last time you can remember a game where more than ONE timeout is used in a strategic manner?  Whens the last time you said after a game "wow, we really outcoached the other team?"  Whens the last time you you said after a game that our gameplan and playcalling was top rate?

Bottom line is, NO, the coaching didnt cost us the game yesterday.  But we cant just dismiss their failures as reasons we havent been successful last year and so far this year.

Who gives a !++#??

Just like 100Proof, you are completely missing the point.  No, this didnt cost us the game.  Not even close.  But along with last weeks debacle, and all of last year, we are seeing that our coaching staff simply is not doing its job.  When is the last time you can remember a game where more than ONE timeout is used in a strategic manner?  Whens the last time you said after a game "wow, we really outcoached the other team?"  Whens the last time you you said after a game that our gameplan and playcalling was top rate?

Bottom line is, NO, the coaching didnt cost us the game yesterday.  But we cant just dismiss their failures as reasons we havent been successful last year and so far this year.

Who gives a !++#??

Man you cant tell them dudes nothing. Sing has this team playing the best they've played since mooch got fired and the whole time still learning on the job and having a bum QB at the helm but somehow a game w/ 4 turnovers is him and the other coaches fault.

You got guys on here still willing to give Alex a chance in year 6 but want Sing gone before his 2nd full year
eyes.gif

jp7tia.gif

Who gives a !++#??

Man you cant tell them dudes nothing. Sing has this team playing the best they've played since mooch got fired and the whole time still learning on the job and having a bum QB at the helm but somehow a game w/ 4 turnovers is him and the other coaches fault.

You got guys on here still willing to give Alex a chance in year 6 but want Sing gone before his 2nd full year
eyes.gif

jp7tia.gif

eyes.gif
100proof, i want to say thanks, thanks for showing that you have reading comprehension of a 4th grader.

not once did me nor dland (or anyone else for that matter) say this game was solely on the coaches hands. You probably missed it, but it was stated that the blame involved the two parties. All we tried to say was that the coaching aspect can and should be improved.  If you're content with the mistakes and horrible management throughout the game, then that's on you. If you don't see this as a problem, then
laugh.gif
@ you too.

So yes, you can't 'tell us nothing', cuz nothing you type out amounts to anything.  You can't see beyond the "turnovers". 

....andddd i'm done with this topic. pretty much beating a dead horse now.

eyes.gif
100proof, i want to say thanks, thanks for showing that you have reading comprehension of a 4th grader.

not once did me nor dland (or anyone else for that matter) say this game was solely on the coaches hands. You probably missed it, but it was stated that the blame involved the two parties. All we tried to say was that the coaching aspect can and should be improved.  If you're content with the mistakes and horrible management throughout the game, then that's on you. If you don't see this as a problem, then
laugh.gif
@ you too.

So yes, you can't 'tell us nothing', cuz nothing you type out amounts to anything.  You can't see beyond the "turnovers". 

eyes.gif

laugh.gif
@ you too.

I'll have you know, I'm reading at a 6th grade level now!

eyes.gif

laugh.gif
@ you too.

eyes.gif

laugh.gif
@ you too.

laugh.gif
this guy NothinToLose

We had 4[FOUR] turnovers. You can't even begin to blame the coaches in this game for that. And if you include the safety, thats 5 [FIVE] possessions of the ball we wasted. A team only typically gets 10-12 possessions a game and we gave FIVE of them away not including punts.

Now I agree sometimes our playcalling is very suspect, but there is no way you can blame the coaches for this one, especially Singletary who has had us playing better football than we have in a real long time. Maybe Jimmie Raye isnt the right guy but weve had a different OC the past 4 or 5 years now until just this past year. We need some consistency.

I'd say we look like a better football team than last year, but at the same time it's only the 2nd week of the season and a lot of things can happen with 14 weeks to go..

Either way, I'm anticipating a big win in KC this weekend. We need it right now, as far as morale and confidence goes.

eyes.gif

laugh.gif
@ you too.

laugh.gif
this guy NothinToLose

We had 4[FOUR] turnovers. You can't even begin to blame the coaches in this game for that. And if you include the safety, thats 5 [FIVE] possessions of the ball we wasted. A team only typically gets 10-12 possessions a game and we gave FIVE of them away not including punts.

Now I agree sometimes our playcalling is very suspect, but there is no way you can blame the coaches for this one, especially Singletary who has had us playing better football than we have in a real long time. Maybe Jimmie Raye isnt the right guy but weve had a different OC the past 4 or 5 years now until just this past year. We need some consistency.

I'd say we look like a better football team than last year, but at the same time it's only the 2nd week of the season and a lot of things can happen with 14 weeks to go..

Either way, I'm anticipating a big win in KC this weekend. We need it right now, as far as morale and confidence goes.

Back
Top Bottom