:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2010-2011 Regular Season Thread-Sing Fired:::

Originally Posted by BEAST MODE

Originally Posted by Drizzyd

I kind of wish we still had Mike Martz.
Would have been interesting if we kept Martz.

Josh Morgan + Jason Hill played decent ball under Martz and since then they have regressed or have just been used improperly. Maybe another year under Martz would have given him a better understanding of how to utilize V.Davis instead of using him as a blocking TE.

Hopefully Mike Johnson is a diamond in the rough and helps right the ship. Can't lie tho..we're in baaaad shape right now. Coach Sing is getting ethered by almost every news outlet and we have some tough games ahead of us.

our air game would certainly look a lot better had we kept martz.

a full year of Morgan, Crabs, and VD + Martz = Alex Smith to the PROBOWL!??!

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
i kid, i kid.  I'm just hoping that Mike Johnson tells Alex Smith to stop depending on his check down passes 99% of the time; and if he's going to throw to the flats, put some damn touch on the ball.

Originally Posted by BEAST MODE

Originally Posted by Drizzyd

Would have been interesting if we kept Martz.

Josh Morgan + Jason Hill played decent ball under Martz and since then they have regressed or have just been used improperly. Maybe another year under Martz would have given him a better understanding of how to utilize V.Davis instead of using him as a blocking TE.

Hopefully Mike Johnson is a diamond in the rough and helps right the ship. Can't lie tho..we're in baaaad shape right now. Coach Sing is getting ethered by almost every news outlet and we have some tough games ahead of us.

our air game would certainly look a lot better had we kept martz.

a full year of Morgan, Crabs, and VD + Martz = Alex Smith to the PROBOWL!??!

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
i kid, i kid.  I'm just hoping that Mike Johnson tells Alex Smith to stop depending on his check down passes 99% of the time; and if he's going to throw to the flats, put some damn touch on the ball.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Yeah me too, however Mike Martz was just another causality of Alex Smith.......SMH.
Alex Smith didn't play one snap under Mike Martz. Try again buddy.

I swear Smith is the scapegoat to all the niners problems for alot of these smith haters.  Which coaches have been fired because of smith? Nolan?  Who else would everyone say?

Yeah me too, however Mike Martz was just another causality of Alex Smith.......SMH.

I swear Smith is the scapegoat to all the niners problems for alot of these smith haters.  Which coaches have been fired because of smith? Nolan?  Who else would everyone say?

Mike Martz' ego was so big that he was dumb enough to start Turnovers O'Sullivan, he deserved to be canned.

Mike Martz' ego was so big that he was dumb enough to start Turnovers O'Sullivan, he deserved to be canned.

Eh, my mistake.  Alex Smith has been a problem with us for so many years its hard NOT to attribute certain happenings towards him.  Either way that's still no cause for ANYBODY to defend Alex Smith for any circumstance.     

Eh, my mistake.  Alex Smith has been a problem with us for so many years its hard NOT to attribute certain happenings towards him.  Either way that's still no cause for ANYBODY to defend Alex Smith for any circumstance.     

^yup. In that season, Smith played well enough for people to believe he might be pretty good after all. That game at Seattle
pimp.gif

^yup. In that season, Smith played well enough for people to believe he might be pretty good after all. That game at Seattle
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan415

F Martz. I wish Norv didnt take that HC job in San Diego. That year was by far Smith's best season.
QFT.

not only did smith played decent but frank was basically unstoppable under norvs system

F Martz. I wish Norv didnt take that HC job in San Diego. That year was by far Smith's best season.
QFT.

not only did smith played decent but frank was basically unstoppable under norvs system

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

Progressively? Yes.

Statistically? No. Last year was.
This.
He was hyped because every one was thinking "Way to finish the season, we're going to win the division next season (basically what we've been saying since)".

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

Progressively? Yes.

Statistically? No. Last year was.
This.
He was hyped because every one was thinking "Way to finish the season, we're going to win the division next season (basically what we've been saying since)".

So i was thinking... we usually get off to a good start to the season and then fold as the season progresses.. Sooo maybe we are doing the opposite this year?.. Wishful thinking?
laugh.gif

Every year I usually am optimistic week 1 about having a great season ahead of us, but this year I truly, honestly believed we had the best squad in years, yet we are failing miserable so far.

If we dont win this game on Sunday, I think the playoffs will be a stretch. Even in the NFC West.

Back
Top Bottom