:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2010-2011 Regular Season Thread-Sing Fired:::

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Originally Posted by What up

If the primary option is a check down receiver, he should be SELLING THE PLAY. To me, and this is my opinion, he looks down field (as any good QB should) doesn't see anyone wide open, panics, and checks down.

This is also what I've noticed and I do agree I was just brining up a possible scenario. He seems to be too jittery in the pocket and panics then checks it down. Hopefully Johnson can implement some spread plays in our offense because that's where Alex seems to thrive. 
I'm against drafting another rookie QB in the draft. I want an experienced vet who can come in and play. I'm tired of waiting for QBs to develop. 

Also, Raye getting fired is all Jed IMO. I doubt Sing made the decision to fire him. 
naw man we need to draft a another qb just not in the 1st or 2nd, IMO we should only keep troy smith and nate, draft a rookie(late rnd) and bring in a vet and let em slug it out in training camp

I agree on Jed firing Raye, Sing seems too loyal for a week 3 firing.

Originally Posted by What up

If the primary option is a check down receiver, he should be SELLING THE PLAY. To me, and this is my opinion, he looks down field (as any good QB should) doesn't see anyone wide open, panics, and checks down.

This is also what I've noticed and I do agree I was just brining up a possible scenario. He seems to be too jittery in the pocket and panics then checks it down. Hopefully Johnson can implement some spread plays in our offense because that's where Alex seems to thrive. 
I'm against drafting another rookie QB in the draft. I want an experienced vet who can come in and play. I'm tired of waiting for QBs to develop. 

Also, Raye getting fired is all Jed IMO. I doubt Sing made the decision to fire him. 
naw man we need to draft a another qb just not in the 1st or 2nd, IMO we should only keep troy smith and nate, draft a rookie(late rnd) and bring in a vet and let em slug it out in training camp

I agree on Jed firing Raye, Sing seems too loyal for a week 3 firing.

Singy will be next if he continues to back Alex Smith. I'd agree I don't think he would say Raye would be back in the post game press conference and then all of a sudden decides to fire him.

My biggest problem with Sundays games was the lack of adjustments after half time on offense. It seems like the only player Alex ever looks to is Crabs who hasn't made any plays for me to think that a hook up between the two will ever lead to anything special. I mean does he not see VD? Its not all the O-line needs to paly a lot better than that period giving up sacks on three and four man rushes just simply cant happen. And whats up with the running game did we sign Anthony Dixon just so we could see him play in the preseason? By no means should he be replacing gore who I think will come around when the O-line comes around by find a way to get Dixon on the field. They didn't have a problem giving that weak $@@ Michael Robinson playing time.
And as far as defense the line got no pressure at all. All KC did was run screens the couple deep passes that happen to be thrown just so happen to be for TD"S

Originally Posted by wxyzfactor

Did you guys ever think that maybe Alex checks down a lot because of Raye and Sing? They constantly say how the focal point is getting Gore involved, and I think he was told to check down a lot to get the ball into Gore's hands.
As you can see from my post above, I obviously disagree.  Nevertheless, that's the Alexcuse that Alexsexuals are using now.  It's the playcalling coache's, and coordinator's fault, not Alex Smith fault because "they are holding Alex Smith back (I guess from becoming Peyton Manning or Drew Brees".  Well, that's the excuse for this week for why Alex Smith did not perform.

Learn to have a discussion without having to throw around immature remarks. Grow up kid. 

Learn to have a discussion that refutes the opposing view's points (with evidence) without having to throw around immature remarks like "Grow up kid". 

Singy will be next if he continues to back Alex Smith. I'd agree I don't think he would say Raye would be back in the post game press conference and then all of a sudden decides to fire him.

My biggest problem with Sundays games was the lack of adjustments after half time on offense. It seems like the only player Alex ever looks to is Crabs who hasn't made any plays for me to think that a hook up between the two will ever lead to anything special. I mean does he not see VD? Its not all the O-line needs to paly a lot better than that period giving up sacks on three and four man rushes just simply cant happen. And whats up with the running game did we sign Anthony Dixon just so we could see him play in the preseason? By no means should he be replacing gore who I think will come around when the O-line comes around by find a way to get Dixon on the field. They didn't have a problem giving that weak $@@ Michael Robinson playing time.
And as far as defense the line got no pressure at all. All KC did was run screens the couple deep passes that happen to be thrown just so happen to be for TD"S

Originally Posted by wxyzfactor

Did you guys ever think that maybe Alex checks down a lot because of Raye and Sing? They constantly say how the focal point is getting Gore involved, and I think he was told to check down a lot to get the ball into Gore's hands.
As you can see from my post above, I obviously disagree.  Nevertheless, that's the Alexcuse that Alexsexuals are using now.  It's the playcalling coache's, and coordinator's fault, not Alex Smith fault because "they are holding Alex Smith back (I guess from becoming Peyton Manning or Drew Brees".  Well, that's the excuse for this week for why Alex Smith did not perform.

Learn to have a discussion without having to throw around immature remarks. Grow up kid. 

Learn to have a discussion that refutes the opposing view's points (with evidence) without having to throw around immature remarks like "Grow up kid". 

Originally Posted by NothingToL0se

uhhh...how about they find ways to get westbrook involved before dixon? kthx
Both need to be more involved. They all have their strong suits and could be effective in different situations.

Both need to be more involved. They all have their strong suits and could be effective in different situations.

Originally Posted by gusyouout

Word. We needa get in the shotgun with a dual backfield of Gore and Westbrook, and then throw Crabtree, Vernon and Morgan/Ginn out there and I really think we can do some damage in that formation.

Mays and Dixon need to get a little more PT as well. Taylor made a pretty impressive play 1 on 1 with Reggie Bush on the punt return. Hes too freakishly athletic to not get an opportunity to make some plays, not to mention our defense hasnt been anything great so far this season.

Originally Posted by gusyouout

Word. We needa get in the shotgun with a dual backfield of Gore and Westbrook, and then throw Crabtree, Vernon and Morgan/Ginn out there and I really think we can do some damage in that formation.

Mays and Dixon need to get a little more PT as well. Taylor made a pretty impressive play 1 on 1 with Reggie Bush on the punt return. Hes too freakishly athletic to not get an opportunity to make some plays, not to mention our defense hasnt been anything great so far this season.

100PROOF wrote:
Damn, this aint a good look
A former 49ers player under Singletary told me that it was the most unorganized team he has ever been around -- including high school.
He said that Singletary and his staff would often wing it when it came to game plans on Sundays. The offense looked like that was the case the way it played against the Chiefs, and now comes the news that offensive coordinator Jimmy Raye has been fired.
http://www.cbssports.com/...ters/prisco/grades/week3

yeah but it would hardly be a surprise if it were true.

100PROOF wrote:
Damn, this aint a good look
A former 49ers player under Singletary told me that it was the most unorganized team he has ever been around -- including high school.
He said that Singletary and his staff would often wing it when it came to game plans on Sundays. The offense looked like that was the case the way it played against the Chiefs, and now comes the news that offensive coordinator Jimmy Raye has been fired.
http://www.cbssports.com/...ters/prisco/grades/week3

yeah but it would hardly be a surprise if it were true.

Sing needs to be fired at the end of the season. His old school philosophy isn't cutting it in 2010.
Did he sign a 5 year deal?
Anyone know how Morgan is doing?

Back
Top Bottom