:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2010-2011 Regular Season Thread-Sing Fired:::

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Sing needs to be fired at the end of the season. His old school philosophy isn't cutting it in 2010.
Did he sign a 5 year deal?
Anyone know how Morgan is doing?

Maybe I'm crazy, and I realize he's in the UFL, but two words.

Jeff. Garcia.

I mean he cant be any worse that Alex or David Carr at this point right?

Maybe I'm crazy, and I realize he's in the UFL, but two words.

Jeff. Garcia.

I mean he cant be any worse that Alex or David Carr at this point right?

How many jobs has Alex Smith caused people to be fired from during his career, the list just keeps growing and growing.

I'm against drafting another rookie QB in the draft. I want an experienced vet who can come in and play. I'm tired of waiting for QBs to develop.
Oh now your tired of waiting for QB's to develop huh.  What finally took you so long to wake up??

Sing needs to be fired at the end of the season. His old school philosophy isn't cutting it in 2010.
You want Sing fired but yet you were........and really still are more than willing to give Alex Smith every chance and excuse in the book to stick around and cripple the organization for as long as he has.  I just don't understand the mentality.

How many jobs has Alex Smith caused people to be fired from during his career, the list just keeps growing and growing.

I'm against drafting another rookie QB in the draft. I want an experienced vet who can come in and play. I'm tired of waiting for QBs to develop.
Oh now your tired of waiting for QB's to develop huh.  What finally took you so long to wake up??

You want Sing fired but yet you were........and really still are more than willing to give Alex Smith every chance and excuse in the book to stick around and cripple the organization for as long as he has.  I just don't understand the mentality.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

this.

how about we give sing a different QB and see how he works with that. i dont know why some of you are still defending alex. a good football team starts with the QB, he is the leader of the team. alex doesnt have that and NEVER will

im still waiting for him to make me eat crow BTW.

this.

how about we give sing a different QB and see how he works with that. i dont know why some of you are still defending alex. a good football team starts with the QB, he is the leader of the team. alex doesnt have that and NEVER will

im still waiting for him to make me eat crow BTW.

Simple. Alex Smith came in the league and played on a horrible team. After lots of years waiting for the situation to be right and have the tools needed to succeed, he hasn't. So I'm looking at what benefits the team the most, and IMO it would be a new experienced QB next season. Sing on the other hand, inherited a team with lots of talent. Many pro-bowlers and up and coming rookies. He also chose Raye because of his old school philosophy he wanted to implement on this team. Not only did he hire him, but he kept him around. There's also the report of how unorganized he's been with the team. He's also failed at having the team prepared to play every Sunday, he makes horrible adjustments at halftime, and has gotten out coached in every game this season. 
But you know what, you're right. I shouldn't be calling for his head and I should hold any judgment until the end of the season. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now, and hopefully there will be positive changes with Mike Johnson. 

BTW, Raye getting fired of not Alex's fault. The same thing happened with Hill last season which lead to his benching. Raye just flat out sucked. Here's Raye's OC history.

ept_sports_nfl_experts-107951442-1285616581.jpg

Yup, Raye sucks as an OC.

Simple. Alex Smith came in the league and played on a horrible team. After lots of years waiting for the situation to be right and have the tools needed to succeed, he hasn't. So I'm looking at what benefits the team the most, and IMO it would be a new experienced QB next season. Sing on the other hand, inherited a team with lots of talent. Many pro-bowlers and up and coming rookies. He also chose Raye because of his old school philosophy he wanted to implement on this team. Not only did he hire him, but he kept him around. There's also the report of how unorganized he's been with the team. He's also failed at having the team prepared to play every Sunday, he makes horrible adjustments at halftime, and has gotten out coached in every game this season. 
But you know what, you're right. I shouldn't be calling for his head and I should hold any judgment until the end of the season. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now, and hopefully there will be positive changes with Mike Johnson. 

BTW, Raye getting fired of not Alex's fault. The same thing happened with Hill last season which lead to his benching. Raye just flat out sucked. Here's Raye's OC history.

ept_sports_nfl_experts-107951442-1285616581.jpg

Yup, Raye sucks as an OC.

^
Yeah Raye might suck, but trust and believe that sentiment applies to your boy Alex Smith as well.  If anyone hasn't noticed, year after year we change a different variable in OC but yet we still have one constant that remains in Alex Smith.  In order for us to get different and more importantly better results we have to get rid of that one constant.........which is Alex Smith.  It saddens me watching the game last night against the Bears and Packers knowing that we could have and should have gotten Aaron Rodgers.  What that being said what's done is done and there's really no need to revisit the past...................however I surely hope the 49ers front office truly learns from that lesson whether most of them were around for that decision or not.

He's also failed at having the team prepared to play every Sunday, he makes horrible adjustments at halftime, and has gotten out coached in every game this season
I can't agree with that statement champ.  I can't speak on the Chiefs game because I didn't watch it fully, Seahawks game he got outcoached, but make no mistake about it Sing was definitely NOT outcoached in the game versus the Saints.  He had the team prepared.  With us having 4 turnovers there's nothing that Sing can do about that, that's all on on the players. 

^
Yeah Raye might suck, but trust and believe that sentiment applies to your boy Alex Smith as well.  If anyone hasn't noticed, year after year we change a different variable in OC but yet we still have one constant that remains in Alex Smith.  In order for us to get different and more importantly better results we have to get rid of that one constant.........which is Alex Smith.  It saddens me watching the game last night against the Bears and Packers knowing that we could have and should have gotten Aaron Rodgers.  What that being said what's done is done and there's really no need to revisit the past...................however I surely hope the 49ers front office truly learns from that lesson whether most of them were around for that decision or not.

He's also failed at having the team prepared to play every Sunday, he makes horrible adjustments at halftime, and has gotten out coached in every game this season
I can't agree with that statement champ.  I can't speak on the Chiefs game because I didn't watch it fully, Seahawks game he got outcoached, but make no mistake about it Sing was definitely NOT outcoached in the game versus the Saints.  He had the team prepared.  With us having 4 turnovers there's nothing that Sing can do about that, that's all on on the players. 

i'm living in ny now and i'm @****%% sick of ppl either either saying "sorry man" or straight laughing when i tell them i'm a niners fan

i'm living in ny now and i'm @****%% sick of ppl either either saying "sorry man" or straight laughing when i tell them i'm a niners fan

Originally Posted by FlashEightZero

Im on the same boat... I dont know any 9er fans, and it sucks cant I go to any games unless Im going by myself
laugh.gif
Plus we barely on TV over here

Originally Posted by FlashEightZero

Im on the same boat... I dont know any 9er fans, and it sucks cant I go to any games unless Im going by myself
laugh.gif
Plus we barely on TV over here

Originally Posted by offbad

don't worry i tell people the same thing when they tell me they're niner fans.
this. but then i get a reaction oh you must a damn raider fan
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

its been very difficult for me to see this due to the fact that i lived through the later years of glory with joe, lott and rice then shift to steve. every sunday id expect us to win

don't worry i tell people the same thing when they tell me they're niner fans.
this. but then i get a reaction oh you must a damn raider fan
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

its been very difficult for me to see this due to the fact that i lived through the later years of glory with joe, lott and rice then shift to steve. every sunday id expect us to win

86767.jpg

Jimmy Raye, whom 49ers coach Mike Singletary fired as offensive coordinator Monday, told Comcast SportsNet that he was carrying out the head coach's vision for the offense.

When Raye interviewed with Singletary for the 49ers' vacant offensive-coordinator position in January 2009, Raye said he made no demands of what he needed on offense. Raye said he agreed to go to work for the 49ers with the full understanding of Singletary's offensive philosophy.
http://
"I was carrying out the head coach's wishes," Raye said in a telephone interview Tuesday. "I was doing what I was brought here to do under his philosophy he wanted installed. I tried as best I could to carry that out with the quarterbacking and the personnel that we had. I didn't come in and say, 'This is my offense, and I'm running this, and if you don't like it, you can get somebody else.' I was doing what was given me to do."
Read more: Raye's Exit Interview: He Followed Coach's 'Wishes'

86767.jpg

Jimmy Raye, whom 49ers coach Mike Singletary fired as offensive coordinator Monday, told Comcast SportsNet that he was carrying out the head coach's vision for the offense.

When Raye interviewed with Singletary for the 49ers' vacant offensive-coordinator position in January 2009, Raye said he made no demands of what he needed on offense. Raye said he agreed to go to work for the 49ers with the full understanding of Singletary's offensive philosophy.
"I was carrying out the head coach's wishes," Raye said in a telephone interview Tuesday. "I was doing what I was brought here to do under his philosophy he wanted installed. I tried as best I could to carry that out with the quarterbacking and the personnel that we had. I didn't come in and say, 'This is my offense, and I'm running this, and if you don't like it, you can get somebody else.' I was doing what was given me to do."

86767.jpg

We all know Sing's game plan is to pound the ball with Gore. I would have the same philosophy in mind.

Its the garbage, bland, foreseeable plays that we run. Who else remember that garbage #%@ play where we'd send a receiver in motion and he'd set up sideways and it was a run EVERY single time. Even I knew it was coming when i saw it, not once did we try and use a playaction fake with that *@++++ play.

Raye was absolute trash as a coordinator, not only for us but for every single team he has been on. I am the first to admit that we need some consistency at the offensive coordinator position but Jimmy was simply not the right guy for our offense. I kind of wish we still had Mike Martz, it'd be like his 2nd or 3rd full year this year right? We have so many offensive weapons and with Vernon emerging the past couple years and the acquisition of Brian Westbrook and Ted Ginn, as well as Crabtree I think they would all flourish in that offense.

Im anxious to see what we are going to bring to the table on the offensive side of the ball this coming Sunday. As bad as our D has been, its gotta be demoralizing when you watch your offense struggle to even get into FG range.

6 points against the Seahawks? 3 against the Chiefs? (not counting that last TD with no time left in the game)

indifferent.gif
 to the 2010 San Francisco 49ers

86767.jpg

We all know Sing's game plan is to pound the ball with Gore. I would have the same philosophy in mind.

Its the garbage, bland, foreseeable plays that we run. Who else remember that garbage #%@ play where we'd send a receiver in motion and he'd set up sideways and it was a run EVERY single time. Even I knew it was coming when i saw it, not once did we try and use a playaction fake with that *@++++ play.

Raye was absolute trash as a coordinator, not only for us but for every single team he has been on. I am the first to admit that we need some consistency at the offensive coordinator position but Jimmy was simply not the right guy for our offense. I kind of wish we still had Mike Martz, it'd be like his 2nd or 3rd full year this year right? We have so many offensive weapons and with Vernon emerging the past couple years and the acquisition of Brian Westbrook and Ted Ginn, as well as Crabtree I think they would all flourish in that offense.

Im anxious to see what we are going to bring to the table on the offensive side of the ball this coming Sunday. As bad as our D has been, its gotta be demoralizing when you watch your offense struggle to even get into FG range.

6 points against the Seahawks? 3 against the Chiefs? (not counting that last TD with no time left in the game)

indifferent.gif
 to the 2010 San Francisco 49ers

Originally Posted by Drizzyd

I kind of wish we still had Mike Martz.
Would have been interesting if we kept Martz.

Josh Morgan + Jason Hill played decent ball under Martz and since then they have regressed or have just been used improperly. Maybe another year under Martz would have given him a better understanding of how to utilize V.Davis instead of using him as a blocking TE.

Hopefully Mike Johnson is a diamond in the rough and helps right the ship. Can't lie tho..we're in baaaad shape right now. Coach Sing is getting ethered by almost every news outlet and we have some tough games ahead of us.

Originally Posted by Drizzyd

I kind of wish we still had Mike Martz.
Would have been interesting if we kept Martz.

Josh Morgan + Jason Hill played decent ball under Martz and since then they have regressed or have just been used improperly. Maybe another year under Martz would have given him a better understanding of how to utilize V.Davis instead of using him as a blocking TE.

Hopefully Mike Johnson is a diamond in the rough and helps right the ship. Can't lie tho..we're in baaaad shape right now. Coach Sing is getting ethered by almost every news outlet and we have some tough games ahead of us.

Back
Top Bottom