:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2010-2011 Regular Season Thread-Sing Fired:::

So my sister's BF got me an authentic Willis home jersey for christmas
pimp.gif
...Only problem is that it's a 50(L)..Is there anyway I can exchange it at some store for a M with no receipt? He said he bought it off of his neighbor after she broke up with her boyfriend, supposedly is was supposed to be for him but she kept it.

Why preach about having a national search for a GM and two days later have NFL writers say Baalke is the leading candidate? Hmm. Are the Niners rushing to get a GM and attempt to get Harbaugh since Michigan is rumored to be interested in hiring him too?

Why preach about having a national search for a GM and two days later have NFL writers say Baalke is the leading candidate? Hmm. Are the Niners rushing to get a GM and attempt to get Harbaugh since Michigan is rumored to be interested in hiring him too?

If we get Harbaugh we are almost guaranteed Luck. I know we will do whatever it takes to get him because Haurbaugh will want him.

If we get Harbaugh we are almost guaranteed Luck. I know we will do whatever it takes to get him because Haurbaugh will want him.

Dont know if I can agree with you on that NT23. I hope you are right, but I dont think its anywhere close to being "almost guaranteed."

Dont know if I can agree with you on that NT23. I hope you are right, but I dont think its anywhere close to being "almost guaranteed."

The 49ers will be paying a King's Ransom to get Luck like their number 1 this year and their number 1 nexxt year plus 2nd and 3rd round picks this year or next year.

The 49ers will be paying a King's Ransom to get Luck like their number 1 this year and their number 1 nexxt year plus 2nd and 3rd round picks this year or next year.

Don't think I can agree with that either. I don't know how Carolina feels about Clausen, but I'd have to think it'd be very, very hard for them to pass up an opportunity to draft a franchise QB. Maybe if they want to stockpile picks and trade down; that's something we'll find out later on.

I think it'd be like #1, #2, #4 this year and #2, #4, #5 next year or something like that. Probably more.

Don't think I can agree with that either. I don't know how Carolina feels about Clausen, but I'd have to think it'd be very, very hard for them to pass up an opportunity to draft a franchise QB. Maybe if they want to stockpile picks and trade down; that's something we'll find out later on.

I think it'd be like #1, #2, #4 this year and #2, #4, #5 next year or something like that. Probably more.

I dont know why some of you guys are down on Baalke when hes the one that traded for Ginn and brought in some of you NTers favorite HOF 49er QB Troy Smith. Its been reported that hes highly respected and liked guy around the league and should have no trouble bringing in a top coach for the team.

I dont know why some of you guys are down on Baalke when hes the one that traded for Ginn and brought in some of you NTers favorite HOF 49er QB Troy Smith. Its been reported that hes highly respected and liked guy around the league and should have no trouble bringing in a top coach for the team.

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

They should do what mike ditka did and trade all their draft picks for that pick

To get values to work (left pick number, right round numbers:
2nd- 1+3+4(Niners 4th)+5
3rd- 1+2+3
4th- Every pick plus the 2 received in trades plus a future 3 (that'd be very close)

Past that you can't get the values to work without giving up high picks next year. Obviously based on depth of talent in this class later picks can be given more value but that's just a ball park.

They should do what mike ditka did and trade all their draft picks for that pick

To get values to work (left pick number, right round numbers:
2nd- 1+3+4(Niners 4th)+5
3rd- 1+2+3
4th- Every pick plus the 2 received in trades plus a future 3 (that'd be very close)

Past that you can't get the values to work without giving up high picks next year. Obviously based on depth of talent in this class later picks can be given more value but that's just a ball park.

Originally Posted by ady2glude707

Im down on him for multiple reasons.
1) We were told we were going on a "nationwide GM search where money would not be an object"

2) There isnt a single team in the NFL that would hire Baalke as their GM, which leads me to believe its not a good idea.

3) Baalke has no experience as an NFL GM.

4) Baalke is known to be a guy that wont upset ownership or cause problems (aka does what ownership tells him to do)

5) We have hired in house multiple times with little success

Im sure there are more reasons, but I am getting tired.

1) We were told we were going on a "nationwide GM search where money would not be an object"

2) There isnt a single team in the NFL that would hire Baalke as their GM, which leads me to believe its not a good idea.

4) Baalke is known to be a guy that wont upset ownership or cause problems (aka does what ownership tells him to do)

I can imagine Andrew Luck in a wedding dress with Jim Harbaugh in a tuxedo on the cover of ESPN magazine.  But then again it is San Francisco.

On a side note: Based on his play this season, I believe that the Carolina Panthers think that Jimmy Clausen is not their QB of the future so the 49ers are going to have to pry the #1 pick off Carolina and make them an offer they can't refuse.

I can imagine Andrew Luck in a wedding dress with Jim Harbaugh in a tuxedo on the cover of ESPN magazine.  But then again it is San Francisco.

On a side note: Based on his play this season, I believe that the Carolina Panthers think that Jimmy Clausen is not their QB of the future so the 49ers are going to have to pry the #1 pick off Carolina and make them an offer they can't refuse.

Originally Posted by dland24

1) Thats on Jed then, not Baalke
2) I read Baalke was considered for the SEA GM job
3) True
4) How do we know this?  Isnt this the case for most people in an organization?
5) Singletary, Johnson, who else?

Originally Posted by dland24

1) Thats on Jed then, not Baalke
2) I read Baalke was considered for the SEA GM job
3) True
4) How do we know this?  Isnt this the case for most people in an organization?
5) Singletary, Johnson, who else?

Back
Top Bottom