:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
do you guys remember what the "pundits" were saying about our squad leading up to the 2011 season? our secondary was complete garbage at every position, we had a HUGE hole at middle linebacker with TKO leaving, ZERO pass rushers off the edge, under performing O-line, no QB, etc etc

here are some of the following predictions from that season:
bleacher report: 5-11

ESPN:

#26 in opening Power Rankings
San Francisco 49ers -- Is this the season Alex Smith finally figures it out? Or will the Niners be so gawd awful that Stanford's Andrew Luck won't have to leave the Bay Area to play football next season? I think Smith makes a quantum quarterback leap, thanks to the same guiding Jim Harbaugh hand that helped Luck at The Farm.
Foxsports:
 15. The NFC West is far better than it was last year: But it’s still pretty darn awful. The Seahawks and 49ers are shamefully bad and the Cardinals are the definition of mediocre. The Rams, absent from the postseason since the Marc Bulger era, win the division behind the big arm of second-year quarterback...

San Francisco 49ers: 6-10
and that, my friends, is why they play the game. 
grin.gif

Last edited:
dude is an elite mediocre coach.

he's one of the main reasons i wanted to avoid all retreads. there's a handful of coaches in this league that make a living on elevating their program to perpetual mediocrity.

i think harbaugh will be back in the nfl in a couple years, and i predict he'll likely be in LA or oakland.

That has been my unsubstantiated prediction on Harbs becoming Raiders coach eventually.

I was thinking he'd take the job after York had let him go but now think Del Rio could end up just being the guy taking the fall for Raiders by virtue of just being there a little too early and being the "scapegoat" for when Raiders want to take the next step to contender status (that changes of course if Raiders just start winning now).

do you guys remember what the "pundits" were saying about our squad leading up to the 2011 season? our secondary was complete garbage at every position, we had a HUGE hole at middle linebacker with TKO leaving, ZERO pass rushers off the edge, underperforming O-line, no QB, etc etc

here are some of the following predictions from that season:

and that, my friends, is why they play the game. >D  

I still remember lot of 49er fans were on that "Suck for Luck" wave that year until we started off like 9-2. :lol:

Last edited:
11-5 or 5-11, IMA STILL BE HERE TALKING **** ALL DAY

shout out to all my faithful outside the bay!! BAY TO LA DOWN TO TEXAS AND ALL THE WAY EAST TO THE DMV TO ALL OVER THE GLOBE! empire spans the planet!

#bangbang

Last edited:
Haha I'm fine with waiting til Monday considering I get to watch NFL football today, Saturday, and Sunday :nthat:

How'd your IDP draft go? 

I agree, but nothing like watching your squad.

As for the draft it didnt go :rofl: . My brother only set me as co-manager, and didnt give me his login so I couldn't even draft lol. And he's on an island somewhere with limited internet, so he couldn't get me his login in time. :smh:

Niners will match Kap's $1 donation and donate $1 million to local community foundations to combat social inequities.

Kap has created some amazing momentum. Props to him. I didn't agree with everything at first, but after some explanation and clarification, I am with him now.

Just hope he's hitting the film room as hard as he's hitting social media.

Last edited:
Props to the niners organization for how they handled things in the last 2 weeks.

Wishing y'all a good season from the other side of the bay. dont know what to expect from Chip, but I like y'all o-line is nice and the Dline is underrated too.

Niners will match Kap's $1 donation and donate $1 million to local community foundations to combat social inequities.

Kap has created some amazing momentum. Props to him. I didn't agree with everything at first, but after some explanation and clarification, I am with him now.

Just hope he's hitting the film room as hard as he's hitting social media.

I know you were a little upset at first mostly to do with his play; but this is great to hear from you. With all the controversy surrounding this it's great to hear about the positive things happening that will actually make an impact.

Last edited:
[h1]  [/h1]
[h1]my 6 things that have to happen to consider this season a success:[/h1]
6.) Our young 2nd, 3rd and 4th year guys take the next step. Guys like Arik Armstead, Aaron Lynch, Jimmie Ward, Eli Harold, Tank Carradine, Jaquaski Tartt, Trent Brown, and Carlos Hyde transition into the next upper tier. 

5.) The rookies flash. Not all rookies are world beaters off the bat, so we want to see these kids show glimpses of what they can become.

4.) The offensive line has a strong showing the entire season. This is their first year under Chip's zone scheme, so there's going to be some growing pains. They need to be one cohesive unit that is trending upwards by the end of the season. Establishing a strong offensive line unit is integral moving forward.

3.) No arrests, suspensions, retirements, coaches or management firings; we want it to be quiet off the field during the season. Continuity going into next season is a must.

2.) Compete on Sundays. We may not win a lot of game, but we want to be in every single one. No double-digit losses. Team has to show up every Sunday.

1.) Chip Kelly demonstrates an evolving philosophy. He's already demonstrated an improved interpersonal relations with his new players and the handling of the Kap situation. Now, it has to carry over to the football field. Instead of being the foundation of the offense, Chip has to learn to vary the tempo and use it selectively after rhythm has been established. Also, implement things like more snaps under center, huddling, jumbo packages, and power football.

Last edited:
i know those of you that are around in this thread during the draft process recognize that name :lol:

wow, our week 2 game is ******* brutal. short week vs the panthers in carolina, who have 9 days to prep for us.

no bueno :x

Last edited:
sick.gif

will we see kap on monday night? maybe sprinkle him in for some zone runs? maybe a keeper to the house? 
happy.gif

KaepernickTD_original.gif

i want to see him out there at some point. 

Last edited:
:x

will we see kap on monday night? maybe sprinkle him in for some zone runs? maybe a keeper to the house? :D  

KaepernickTD_original.gif

i want to see him out there at some point. 

That speed was real. Man the combo of him and Frank was so punishing for teams.

that run had everybody super lit man. never forget that.

it's cool that kap is popular again, but for a new reason. back then he was posing butt booty naked, not he's got fro, probably in other places too so he couldn't do that again.

his top speed speed was crazy for a QB.

kap is like a high-revving v8. torque aint the greatest at the bottom of the rpm range, but once he gets the revs going at the top of the gears and winds out, he's ******* flying. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom