:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
speking of defense, i was mighty impressed with ward(?) who threw his body out there to take on a linemen or TE. Closing the outside for gurley. forcing him to stay in where the rest of the squad brought him down.

when Kaep learns to read a defense and show some
confidence in his throws and not be late, maybe. i'm half convinced he kneels during the national anthem cause he misreads it...

proxy.jpg

Sheesh, if you can make Carlos Hyde look small.....

Just played my niners vs Rams in NT online franchise mode. Won with the arm of Kaep :pimp:

21-31 306 yds 2 TDs 0 INTs ran for 39 yards and a TD

:smokin

Thoughts on the game the other night:

Only been 1 game against the Lambs so everything taken w/ grain of salt for now until more games.

Coaching:
- Love what I see out of this Chip regime so far. Players actually looked like they knew what the hell they were doing out there. Much more disciplined with cutting down on penalties. Chip even said that one false start on Tiller was Chip's fault b/c he got them confused w/ the calls he was relaying. Overall just a clean game.

Offense:

- People can trash Sunshine all they want but fact is right now, he's a much more efficient and polished QB than Kap is. Nobody in their right mind is anointing him as the franchise QB now or anything but man it was nice seeing just some smarter and more functional quarterbacking out there. Blaine took off scrambling for first downs when the lanes were open and no WR's were/or if he didn't like what he saw. He made some completions into tight windows that we all have seen that Kap has not been able to do recently. Only real :x :smh: thing I saw out of Blaine was the odd struggle to complete a screen pass. Too many botched screen passes for my liking.

- Offense as usual w/ our Niner teams of the last few years wasn't 100% pretty. Most of the first half was pretty promising but holy hell, that 3rd quarter was :x . Started looking like Geep Chryst offense out there w/ these run plays going nowhere and passing plays that didn't seem to be conducive to being a productive play. Thank goodness for the defense and sorriness of the Lambs offense making sure we didn't pay for this abysmal 3rd quarter performance.

- Like I noted earlier, very impressive that they were able to convert all 4 red zone possessions for TD's. When it was 14-0 and they were driving, I was like oh man here we go, another short FG to make it 17-0 and we gotta grind it out again.

Defense:
- loved seeing all the pressure that was generated by the D-line. Swear that was literally next to non-existent last year. Keenum had no time in pocket and Gurley had no room to run.

- MNF said it best w/ DC Jim O'Neil's philosophy, this Niners D is gonna rush and get to the QB. Not gonna have our LB's and secondary "standing out there playing catch" like they did last year.

- Hard to explain this but loved seeing our D gang-tackle together, they all just went after the ball handler all game long. This trait while it seems like common sense for every team, just seemed lacking the last 2 years. Everyone just attacked and went after the ball. That one play where Gurley made D-Fo miss a tackle was negated shortly when rest of the D all closed in on him :pimp: Defense looks rejuvenated and ready to earn that reputation of being dominant and top flight again.

- Nice seeing Reid out there playing more aggressive and laying the wood again.

Special Teams:
- Honestly not comfortable whenever I see Pinion have to punt. Just have this bad feeling he's gonna botch it and so far it seems like his punts haven't gone that far. Was Pinion really in danger of being drafted by another team in 2015? I just went and looked back at the players taken after Pinion in that draft and luckily nobody jumps out as a missed player (although it's still a little early to judge 2015 draft). Miss you Andy Lee.

Side note: is anyone thinking like me that it's gonna take awhile to get used to the players routinely lining up on offense and then standing upright and looking over to Chip for the play? :lol:

Last edited:
a lot of former players on the sideline. andre carter, parys haralson, and of course, charles haley 

Last edited:
jets

that d-line is what we're trying to be 

they  didn't even have sheldon richardson vs the bengals 
sick.gif
he's back tonight 
sick.gif

Last edited:
this play is a perfect example of gabbert's set of tools that lend itself to this offense, but also an example of how flawed he is.

9_15_2016_12_50_56_PMkerleymiss1_zpscvkewerw.gif

positives:

it's cover 2 and gabbert notices this from the jump. gabbert moves the deep right safety off his mark with torrey's go route, and makes the right decision to go to kerley, who is wiiiiiiiiiiiiiide open down the seam. he never tipped his hand. from a cerebral standpoint, gabbert does everything  perfectly. he's got a really quick release and the ball just zips out of his hand.

cons:

gabbert plays much faster than kaeprnick; so much so that it's almost always detrimental. on this particular throw, he never sets his feet, and he never gets his mechanics in order. the throw is so hurried that his mechanics are completely out of whack. 

he threw this ball how we throw darts when we are drunk trying to hit the bulls eye. i am not a quarterback guru, but  even my eyes can see is that lead shoulder flying wide open. it's almost impossible to be consistent with your throws when your body is whipping like that. he doesn't step into the throw, he kind of whips into it.

here is how one of the GOATs finishes his throws. that lead elbow is tucked in tightly against his body and the upper body weight is evenly distributed over his lead leg. 

big reason why he's so inconsistent with his throws. bill walsh believed these type of flaws could be fixed with time and dedication, so who knows if gabbert is willing to dedicate countless hours to fixing these issue. 

BTW check out that pocket. beautiful. 
nthat.gif

Kaepernick had a comparable play like this a couple seasons ago against the bears. the difference was that there was only one safety because it was cover 1, but he never moved him off his spot. he stared down Q from the jump, and the safety read his eyes like a book.

2014-09-1418_40_37.gif

kaepernick can't see the field, but he's the better passer. gabbert can see the field, but he can't throw consistently. wish we could combine the two. 
mean.gif

Last edited:
I haven't watched a lot of BG prior to him being a niner, but I'm willing to bet that that's the most open throw Gabbert has missed in his life. that being said, he's probably watched that play over and over.

i never played organized football in any capacity but watching his follow through on that pass is cringeworthy, especially with that flailing left arm. it reminds me of a pitcher who does an unorthodox submarine throw

AD sustained a concussion in practice on thursday. out for sunday.

so thankful for trent brown. 

I love G-Ro's running game, but his passing play designs and play calls left a lot to be desired.

Chip's passing offense+G-Ro's running attack=
eek.gif

can't believe 95.7 fired my guy john middlekauff. 

cant go back to knbr 
sick.gif

podcasts > *

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom