:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Backstory?
nerd.gif
We decided we was bool with Arik Armstead instead

Last edited:
Backstory?
nerd.gif
to sum things the 49ers were heavily interested in peters and met with him multiple times before the draft.

baalke said he had two targets going into the first round of the draft. we all presumed one was peters and the other was armstead. he went with armstead.

its too early to get down on AA, but damn, most of us in here wanted peters leading up to that draft.

Last edited:

to sum things the 49ers were heavily interested in peters and met with him multiple times before the draft.

baalke said he had two targets going into the first round of the draft. we all presumed one was peters and the other was armstead. he went with armstead.

its too early to get down on AA, but damn, most of us in here wanted peters leading up to that draft.
Yes and yes and yes. I honestly wanted him to be close to home, but it is what it is. He's ******* amazing man. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Was also the year we could have had Tyler Lockett (early 3rd rnd) and instead picked up Jaquaski Tartt (late 2nd)

doubt marcus peters would've flourished here as a rookie with mangini's confusing coverage schemes. and under jim o'neil, marcus peters would look like he played for Cal's secondary

doubt marcus peters would've flourished here as a rookie with mangini's confusing coverage schemes. and under jim o'neil, marcus peters would look like he played for Cal's secondary

Things happen for a reason my friend.
Things happen for a reason.

How would you feel if we drafted him
i really like reuben foster, but i would not be thrilled with the pick at 2. if you're going to go 2nd overall, you better be patrick willis or luke kuechly(and he's not).

he's a physical presence in the middle of the defense. finds himself around the ball a lot. great size and pretty good athlete. i watched his texas a&m tape last week and recorded some things that stood out to me.

i have concerns about his play recognition/instincts. not to say he has none, but he slow plays way too much for my liking. in the nfl, you can't hesitate. things happen fast. also has some issues getting off blocks at times.

the big 'bama boys up front keep him clean most of the game, so foster usually flows unabated around the field. however, when he has to take on a guard, i see a lot of this. you cant let this happen at the NFL level. this results in gashing run plays.

play recognition is inconsistent. slow plays too many runs. this is a perfect example of taking too long to process what is happening. the running back is almost to the hole before foster moves. this allows the guard to work the combo block and then get to foster. elite ILBs shoot that backside A gap and blow up the run in the backfield.

Last edited:
in comparison, look at how quick chris borland was to recognize the run play

AggravatingGrizzledIndochinesetiger.gif

Sd8d.gif

this play is so ******* beautiful. play recognition, beating the block and making the tackle. borland was amazing.

Last edited:
Theres prolly hella incentives in that contract. Torrey is a good 2nd reciver niners need a possession receiver. I would like to see him here

this WR group aint bad. corey davis, mike williams, juju smith schuster, john ross, dede westbrook, etc.

not bad. someone good will be there at pick 34.

if i was gm, tho, i would move up for corey davis. he's a great fit for this scheme. 

Last edited:
dede would absolutely kill it in chip's scheme. YAC city

he'll probably slip because he's 180 lbs soaking wet, but the kid is a player.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom