:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wow. Not sure if that's a good thing or not.

Wait a minute is oniel still in the building or has he officially been let go? Haven't heard anything about him. Just checked wiki and he's still with us? :\

Nothing unexpected. Gamble was part of the Baalke regime. Lynch and his staff needed to finish cleaning house.

Baalke's goons(scouts) are next after the draft.

I am on board with whatever Kyle wants to do with the position. If it was my decision, my moves would be:

-trade the #2 for Cousins and the #17
-trade the #17 with whatever pick(s) are needed to draft Corey Davis
-sign a Pierre Garcon type WR

Cousins throwing the ball to Davis, Garcon and Smith? Sign me up. And I dont think anything I wrote is unrealistic at all. Very possible to implement this plan.

Last edited:
What if it's just a cousins for the 2nd overall pick straight up
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I feel like I would try to work it where the only way the #2 was available is if the #17 came with it.  I would still probably do it anyway, but I would negotiate for their pick to come back to.  I think including it would be fair.

Rumors are running rampant at this point. Latest being Kirk for the 34th overall and Carlos Hyde.
mccloughan is definitely back on the sauce.
laugh.gif

Its Bleacher report tho man nothing credible.

But Scott defintely puttin some back if Chris Cooley leaking info like that. Cooley has close ties to the organization and he's also touched on how Ownership feels about Cousins and how Cousins resents not getting a long term deal last year.

Chris Cooley a good genuine guy or at least revered as one so he's not gonna tarnish somebody's reputation for some click bait.

Last edited:
I am definitely a fan of Cousins. I would much rather sign him as a free agent next year though if he doesnt end up signing a long term contract with the Skins. I would sign Garcon too if Kirk came here.

I feel like I would try to work it where the only way the #2 was available is if the #17 came with it.  I would still probably do it anyway, but I would negotiate for their pick to come back to.  I think including it would be fair.
Ok. I see you Baalke :nerd:

Not feeling any of these rumors where we trade any picks from the first 3 rounds. Especially for Cousins,Cutler etc. Would rather draft a qb and roll with Kap as the bridge qb. So many needs, those first 3 picks are way too important to waste in a trade for some qb's that aren't part of your long term plans.

Combine in 6 days.
nthat.gif

Kyle will get to see and meet with all of the QBs he likes.

Maybe we'll be able to infer if they like someone. 
nerd.gif

I haven't really spent much time watching the DBs, and that's mainly because I think you can't really deduce much for DBs without an all-22. I've got a good feel for the top 50 players of each skill position other than DB. I'm locked in on all the edge guys, too. Lots of gems in this class. 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
dont sleep bruhs because everyone else will

another guy who has no video: James Onwualu

all of these dudes are under-the-radar players that could turn into something in this type of scheme. these guys are that new breed of LBs: smaller and undersized but quicker and faster athletes.

Last edited:
i like tanner vallejo on day 3. dude played through some injuries last year as a junior, but he was a baller when healthy. the guy flies from sideline to sideline, and he plays with really nice instincts and anticipation. that stood out to me when i watched him play. he's also from sacramento, so he probably grew up a niner fan. in the nfl, he's likely a really solid backup with starting potential. we need as much depth as possible at the LB spots.
 [h4]STRENGTHS[/h4]
Team-first player who played through severe wrist pain for almost the entire season. Sophomore season proved how productive he could be when allowed to play in the middle. Instinctive and quick to anticipate play flow. Takes aggressive contain angle when needed. Has a good feel for most efficient path to the ball. Maintains run fits and looks to spill the ball wide whenever possible. Plays with reactive athleticism to break down and quickly redirect his weight into runners trying to cut back. Shows a willingness to take on lead blockers with a leveraged shoulder. Good play speed with range to chase from sideline to sideline. Athletic enough to handle deep Cover-2 drops if called on.
[h4]WEAKNESSES[/h4]
Angular frame with very short arms and may not be able to carry much more functional mass. Has never matched production total from two seasons ago. Below average play strength. Will struggle to unlock from a strong punch and fight back into the play. Could have issues leveraging his gap in the NFL. Can be washed away if he doesn't trigger downhill and stay one step ahead of blockers. Lacks thud behind his pads as a hitter. Has had issues sliding off of tackles. Has had to deal with injuries over the last two seasons and had to shut it down this season due to worsening of his wrist injury suffered in September.
[h4]SOURCES TELL US[/h4]
"You might as well throw out this year because the guy was in a ton of pain all year long. It was obvious that something was wrong early in the year. I hate going all the way back to his sophomore year but I think you have to at least look at that tape to get a feel for who he might be able to become." -- NFC regional scout
[h4]NFL COMPARISON[/h4]
Dominique Alexander
[h4]BOTTOM LINE[/h4]Vallejo's outstanding production his sophomore season is one of the things keeping him alive in scouting circles. From a physical standpoint, he's an undersized inside linebacker who lacks the long levers needed to keep offensive linemen off of him. His instincts and third-down ability are plusses, but he'll need to find the right 3-4 fit or attempt to move to an outside linebacker role in a 4-3. Vallejo has NFL backup potential.

Last edited:
I forgot which PAC 12 lb/de forgot the position but defensive player that was mad explosive got good amount of sacks but season got cut short because of an injury? Sound familiar red81 red81 :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom