:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A little over a month from the combine. Private visits are starting. It's about to heat up. :nerd:

It's early, but if I had to guess who's the favorite for the 9th pick, I think it's Harold Landry. He plays a premier position, is a great scheme fit, and fills a giant need.

Obviously you know more about this stuff than most of the people on here, but is Landry even going to go in the first round? Most mocks I have seen have him going in the early second.

Obviously you know more about this stuff than most of the people on here, but is Landry even going to go in the first round? Most mocks I have seen have him going in the early second.

He's definitely polarizing because his last season was hampered by the ankle injury. Personally, I put faith in his 2016 tape. He also put up elite numbers at the combine in the edge rusher metrics that matter most(3-cone/short shuttle/10-yard split). Dude was a monster in 2016 and nobody debates that. He was like a combo of Von Miller and Vic Beasley and is just scratching the surface of what he can become.

If he had his 2016 season in 2017, he wouldn't last to 9.

He's definitely polarizing because his last season was hampered by the ankle injury. Personally, I put faith in his 2016 tape. He also put up elite numbers at the combine in the edge rusher metrics that matter most(3-cone/short shuttle/10-yard split). Dude was a monster in 2016 and nobody debates that. He was like a combo of Von Miller and Vic Beasley and is just scratching the surface of what he can become.

If he had his 2016 season in 2017, he wouldn't last to 9.

Good stuff. I don't really follow BC football so its good stuff to know.

Those have to be some outdated mocks. He’s a bonafide top 15 pick in a class where 4 QBs are guaranteed to go top 10. Typical draft class he’d prolly be considered top 5 guy.

Last edited:
The ripple effect this would have on guys like Defo cannot be overstated. Defo would've had double-digit sacks if the team had any consistent edge pressure.

You can only double so many guys. Landry would force QBs to step up in the pocket into Defo's waiting arms.

Edge rushers are game changers. I don't have to tell you guys--we know firsthand with Aldon. But they're incredibly difficult to find. They never hit free agency, and there's only so many of them walking the planet. When there's one you like, you better pull the trigger.

So you feel comfortable with our linebackers going into the season if we pass on Roquan (assuming he's there) ?

So you feel comfortable with our linebackers going into the season if we pass on Roquan (assuming he's there) ?

No lol. :frown: Roquan is my guy; I just think Landry might be their guy, although I love him as well.

There are some options after Roquan. 49ers might have to trade back up for a guy like Rashaan Evans, who I expect the team to really like.

John Lynch loved Reuben's reckless abandon; Evans has the exact same trait. Saleh's mantra is extreme violence; Evans is the most physical LB in the draft.

All gas, no brakes

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:
No lol. :frown: Roquan is my guy; I just think Landry might be their guy, although I love him as well.

There are some options after Roquan. 49ers might have to trade back up for a guy like Rashaan Evans, who I expect the team to really like.
This new regime turned this team around so whomever they choose I can assume he’s gonna be a stud barring injury.

Yup, and as much as I love Roquan, the reality is that LBs can be found outside of the first, especially ones playing in our scheme. Telvin Smith, Deion Jones, Bobby Wagner, etc. None of those guys were first rounders.

:emoji_eyes:

DOJElx_LUEAEyl_Xa.jpg

Last edited:
Jimmy G was fate. Kirk Cousins was the logical option, but it wasn't meant to be.

John Lynch loved Reuben's reckless abandon; Evans has the exact same trait. Saleh's mantra is extreme violence; Evans is the most physical LB in the draft.

All gas, no brakes

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Red do you think Shaquem Griffin can project to a weakside linebacker Starter? Because as I watch his tape he’s immensely talented and defintely embodies the All Gas No Brakes, Extreme Violence mantra.

Most his tape is him covering running backs and edge setting.

Maybe. As you pointed out, UCF had him playing force/edge and that stupid overhang role college teams love. He'd have to learn to make flow reads as a stacked WLB.

Damn ...wish I didn’t delete those Niners games from last season off the dvr. Would love to watch the Jimmy G games again. Especially the Jaguars game. :frown:

Man, that highlight video against the Jags has me excited for next season. Jimmy G is so legit.

Back
Top Bottom