:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is exactly how I expect the new throwback unis to look. I wish they didn't have the 49ers above the numbers but fully expect it. :rolleyes

594633_4536299d53794888a93d7363b81caa26~mv2_d_1260_2048_s_2.webp

What we learned at the 49ers first open practice of OTAs

Richard Sherman is very involved

Sherman was very vocal and involved throughout practice. He was throwing footballs to his fellow members of the secondary when they were drilling and was yelling encouragement and compliments when they made great plays in 11-on-11 drills. At one point after a play he even told Emmanuel Moseley, “That was some good *** coverage.”

— Jennifer Lee Chan (@jenniferleechan) May 22, 2018

Jerick McKinnon is everywhere

Right from the beginning of 11-on-11s, McKinnon was everywhere with the 1s taking handoffs and catching short passes in the flat. He showed his speed on his first run from scrimmage, taking off very quickly on the left edge of the field. Matt Breida took reps with the 1s when McKinnon took a breather. Joe Williams and Raheem Mostert took the majority of the reps with the 2s.

Mike McGlinchey gets some work with the 1s

The offensive line will be a work in progress as the team goes through OTAs and minicamp but one of the combinations included McGlinchey at RT, Joshua Garnett at RG, Weston Richburg at C, Laken Tomlinson at LG, and of course Joe Staley at LT. Garnett alternated with Mike Person, and didn’t take all of the reps with the 1s but worked with both the 1s and 2s. When Jonathan Cooper returns to practicing with the team during training camp, things could change again.

Malcolm Smith gets the most reps at the MIKE position

Rookie Fred Warner played in that position as well learning how to make the calls and communicate to the defense. Smith’s familiarity with the defense makes him a natural fit at the role.

Jimmy Garoppolo spread the ball around the offense

Garoppolo looked as comfortable as ever getting everyone involved in the offense. Receivers included McKinnon, Marquise Goodwin, Kyle Juszczyk, Cole Hikutini, George Kittle, and Matt Breida. These practices are unpadded and non contact but it appeared that Garoppolo was only “sacked” once, and threw no interceptions.

DeForest Buckner says the defense is picking up where they left off

It’s a big year for Arik Armstead and Solomon Thomas, with both having a lot to prove. Buckner says that the chemistry continues to grow between all of them. The line was rounded out by Earl Mitchell. The 1s on the secondary included Jimmie Ward, Adrian Colbert, Ahkello Witherspoonand Jaquiski Tartt.

Stand out plays

• McKinnon’s first carry from scrimmage up the left side of the field for a first down and then some.
  • Goodwin high pointed a ball thrown by Garoppolo while being covered by Witherspoon
  • Tartt with a PBU on a Garoppolo pass to Garrett Celek
  • Witherspoon with a PBU on a Garoppolo pass to Aldrick Robinson
  • Garoppolo to Goodwin for 20+ yards while being covered by Ward
  • Mark Nzeocha swatting down a Nick Mullens pass intended for Dante Pettis
  • Sheldon Day swatting down a Mullens pass at the LOS
  • K’Waun Williams with a PBU on a C.J. Beathard pass intended for Robinson
The next practice available to the media is Wednesday May 30th.

Also Reuben due in court TODAY (05/23) at 3:30 PM to learn his fate regarding whether the DA will pursue charges against him for the DV, gun, and attempting to prevent an emergency call felonies.

Weed charge still TBD at a later date.

My hope: the DA will drop the DV and phone-breaking felonies, commute the gun charge to a misdemeanor, Reuben will then plea no contest or similar in Alabama. NFL suspends Reuben 4 games.

That would mean he could still come to training, practice, play in preseason, etc. all summer and would be suspended effective week 1. This I think would give him a good cup-check to get his priorities straight while not hampering us too badly, but it will be tough not having him active vs the Vikings, Lions, Chiefs, & Chargers.

Last edited:
So is “kneeling” the word they use for any kind of protest. Or can you literally sit down during the anthem and not get fined

I understand that it's their employer implementing the rules. But my goodness, players can't express their personal views?

I guess the league is really trying to appeal to the MAGA crowd and get their money.

I wrote him off after the list of charges and off the field events that were adding up partly because the team and league weren't giving other players the same window.
Middlekauf was right. I believe in Rueben. I do. I just assumed that the league and judicial system would try to stick him and make an example. I was wrong and let the press and critics ride heavy. I still would have drafted the man in silver and black, but Reggie McKenzie likes Diet Coke over regular Coca Cola.

My lord dude. JUST STAY AWAY FROM PEOPLE.
People bring unnecessary problems.

Back
Top Bottom