:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You know our FO is good when we are bummed that a 4th round pick struck out.

When have we not struck out on a skill position in recent history though? A lot of us were excited about Williams potential. Has nothing to do with how good our FO is or anything like that.

We making it rain with the 7ths but our 1st-4th round picks have had a lot of burns

Reuben Foster, Witherspoon, Solly, Warner, Pettis, and McGlinchey look like they are going to be pretty good picks. Solomon is a little concerning, but im going to give him another year or two before I get worried. Im not going to fault Shanny and Lynch for awful picks from the previous administration.

When have we not struck out on a skill position in recent history though? A lot of us were excited about Williams potential. Has nothing to do with how good our FO is or anything like that.

Pettis, Trent Taylor, George Kittle.

We went from this:

1 (17). Arik Armstead, DL, Oregon
2 (14). Jaquiski Tartt, S, Samford
3 (15). Eli Harold, OLB, Virginia
4 (18). Blake Bell, TE, Oklahoma
4 (27). Mike Davis, RB, South Carolina
4 (33). DeAndre Smelter, WR, Georgia Tech
5 (29). Bradley Pinion, P, Clemson
6 (14). Ian Silberman, OL, Boston College
7 (27). Trenton Brown, OL, Florida
7 (37). Rory Anderson, TE, South Carolina

to this:

1. First round: Solomon Thomas, DL, Alabama
2. First round: Reuben Foster, LB, Alabama
3. Third round: Ahkello Witherspoon, CB, Colorado
4. Third round: C.J. Beathard, QB, Iowa
5. Fourth round: Joe Williams, RB, Utah
6. Fifth round: George Kittle, TE, Iowa
7. Fifth round: Trent Taylor, WR, Louisiana Tech
8. Sixth round: D.J. Jones, DT, Ole Miss
9. Sixth round: Pita Taumoepenu, LB, Utah
10. Seventh round: Adrian Colbert, CB, Miami

Night and day difference. All teams strike out on picks, but most teams dont have the good fortune of having immediate contributors like we had last year in every round.

Last edited:
^I think those 3 guys you mentioned are going to be good too. However, you cannot say that they definitively are good picks at this point.

The O-line’s outside zone blocking at the point of attack and getting to the 2nd level has been horrendous.

The real guy we should be concerned with is Weston Richburg being paid like a top 4 center in the NFL and not looking the part thus far.

It’s still early no need to get hasty.

The O-line’s outside zone blocking at the point of attack and getting to the 2nd level has been horrendous.

The real guy we should be concerned with is Weston Richburg being paid like a top 4 center in the NFL and not looking the part thus far.

It’s still early no need to get hasty.

That's the one unit that desperately needs the reps. Outside zone is all about communication and working together. Need the same five out there playing together as much as possible.

I've only watched the game briefly, but I was surprised by how nimble Garnett looked. Recomping his body has him moving much better. He looked pretty good from what I saw. Made some nice reach blocks and worked well on combos. But I'll dive into the entire game when I get home tonight.

Garnett was a lot better, getting blocks into the secondary, that’s what we’re gonna need.

Rich burg I give a break it was one preseason game. But if he’s mouthing off and getting unsportsmanlike penalties in the regular season....

This Saturday imma watch Pita Tamoepenu see if he has potential because Attachou just isn’t that guy. Cassius Marsh prolly good for 5 to 7 sacks this year.

Bring back Elvis

I watched Pita. I thought he looked bad. He still doesn't appear to know what he's doing. No moves, no hands, no plan, works down the center of the tackle, etc. The edge group overall looks bad. It's going to be on guys like Defo, Solly, and Day to generate the majority of the pass rush.

Speaking of DL, did you see DJ Jones? What a stud. That dude should be starting over Earl Mitchell. He is really good. He was balling last year before the team picked up Day and picked up where he left off this season.

This was DJ last year against the Travis Frederick(best center in the league).

giphy.gif

another one

2017-09-19_23-19-16djjj_zpsylaoaq0h.gif

I agree DJ Jones looking like the starter over earl Mitchell.

Confounding they haven’t reached out to dumervil, feels like they’re counting on all the pressure coming from the interior and not the edges...

Reuben is ridiculously good.

Impeccable angle to the ball. Stops the RB in his tracks to prevent the first down.

giphy.gif

Trusts his keys and shoots his gap for TFL.

giphy.gif

Sounds like DeFo gonna get kicked outside as a edge Rusher on passing downs.

Calais Campbell type versatility would catapult DeFo’s career trajectory into Hall of Fame status.
The guy is just not normal.

Another guy we're not talking about is McGlinchey. He's been excellent in the preseason. Let's hope he carries his play into the season.

McGlinch, protector of the franchise

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom