:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know some say Kyle is an offensive genius. But his decisions on 3rd down, has been frustrating as ****. Like that wr or te sweep. **** just doesn't seem to have been working that well this year. Hope he chills out on that call for a little while. Defenses seem to have adapted to his play calling. So he now needs to switch it up. Take freaking risk...

Kyle is a genius. He can only call the plays. It’s up to our players to execute. Yes, some play calls may be questionable, but that’s with every coach. In the end, players have to make it happen.

There needs to be no chance in hell that Jimmy plays Sunday.

Between injuries and underwhelming play. Jimmy has had his fair share of chances. Let it be Trey Day and let him get better as the season progresses. 13 games left to where there’s a lot of room to grow and develop to where there’s potential for a nice leap in performance between year 1 and 2.

The offseason is a ways away. But just get a serviceable backup who knows their role and hopefully isn’t needed at all. But none of that Nick Mullens/CJ Bethard type junk.

I noticed Lance was upset on that 4th down sweep to Deebo, almost as if he had the choice to keep it and when you look at the replay it could have been a huge gain if he did indeed have that option

Check it out at the 10:15 mark:sick:

Kyle starting to remind me of a young Andy Reid. Great offensive play caller but could never put it all together. Andy Reid used to **** up crunch time situations too and there would be lulls when they couldn’t get their offense in a rhythm. Funny how a special once every several decades talent at QB can help cover your shortcomings as a HC. I still believe in Kyle.

Kyle hasnt shown me that he can adjust his playbook/gameplan to certain situations.

Last edited:
Kyle starting to remind me of a young Andy Reid. Great offensive play caller but could never put it all together. Andy Reid used to **** up crunch time situations too and there would be lulls when they couldn’t get their offense in a rhythm. Funny how a special once every several decades talent at QB can help cover your shortcomings as a HC. I still believe in Kyle.

I see what you’re saying but for yesterdays game that dude Cannon really put the entire team and staff in a terrible spot. Defense was busting their *** and fair to say they were gassed, especially in that heat. Cant remember when the stat popped up but I wana say midway through the 2nd quarter that Seattle offense had -7 yards. Jimmy and the offense gotta capitalize there and I’ll give Trey some credit since he was just thrown in there unexpectedly right before the 3rd started, but man I couldn’t help but get some Kap PTSD watching him play :lol:

Speaking of… didn’t Kap start the next week on Monday Night after Alex got hurt and absolutely destroy the Bears (Aldon certainly helped on the other side of the ball). Maybe we get a repeat from Trey (and Bosa) this Sunday and then ffwd to the Super Bowl this year and instead we hand Gore the ball inside the 5 to win it? :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

:lol:

I really don't want to see Jimmy out there on Sunday. We know what we got with him. Just let him take this week and the bye week to fully heal. Go ahead and play the " Jimmy is day to day" card to maybe confuse Arizona but Trey needs to get all the 1st team reps this week.

It’s pretty easy to find out who is getting the first team reps in practice during the week, wouldn’t say theres much gamesmanship going on there like a lot think unless we really about to give a genuinely hurt Jimmy first team reps just to “throw off” the Cards which would be dumb for multiple reasons imo

We literally went through this last year trotting a gimpy Jimmy out there for weeks before he finally broke down completely.

Let Lance get his reps in at practice and prepare with him as the starter while Jimmy nurses his calf. Maybe the switch isn’t permanent yet but why rush Jimmy back especially with a banged up oline.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Jimmy gets another start between now and nov 1.

If he’s healthy enough to play I feel like Kyle will suit him up for better or worse

I wouldn’t be surprised if Jimmy gets another start between now and nov 1.

If he’s healthy enough to play I feel like Kyle will suit him up for better or worse
We need to make sure that this "calf strain" doesnt turn into a ruptured achilles or something like that. If he is physically unable to perform at the start of the year, we are on the hook for his contract. That absolutely CAN NOT happen.

no coach is above criticism and shanny's no exception. indeed, some of his third down and late game play calling can be head scratching but no coach, besides belichick, is teflon. Shanny is still a top 3 play caller in this league.

folks already calling for his head when he's only had one full season of competent QB play? something that Red used to talk about up and down in this thread was Shanny's ability to scheme WRs open and that's pretty much what he's done with this receiving group that was supposedly one of the worst in the league. not to mention, he turned an un-drafted mostert into a potential pro-bowler. it's not shanny's fault the "G" in Jimmy G stands for "glass" or that he had to trot out a team that started: gabbert, beathard, or mullens.

shanny took the niners to the SB and fans quickly forgot about those horrid years of tomsula and chip.

--edit--

one thing I don't understand about shanny, though, is the fact that his personnel decisions on offense can be confusing as hell. outside of kittle, deebo, and juice, no one's a lock at the "skill position."

Last edited:
Shanahan will get fired because of his player assessment and his cockiness. How many first round picks have they goofed?? Trying to trade for Kirk Cousins and passing on Brady?? Honestly, this team should’ve had a championship by now.

Kyle Shanahan is a brilliant offensive mind, a decent head coach, and a terrible talent evaluator.

I envision Trey Lance to look a lot like Herbert eventually but, he just doesn’t have a layered intermediate throw as part of his arsenal yet.

But it’s the processing. Once it clicks for these NFL QB’s you know. Currently Burrow/Herbert for the young guys got it down.

This version of Trey Lance will be sloppy until that processing catches up. They will simplify the offense this week.

I got a crazy feeling they upset Arizona Sunday. The Cardinals are due for a letdown game after that win in LA the other day.

Plus anything can happen in divisional games. Hopefully it happens and Trey has some moments on Sunday to where he takes the job and never gives it back and Kyle could put that “Jimmy’s our starter if healthy“ stuff to bed for good.

There is no going back to Jimmy at this point. Once you put the future in, he must stay in. It’s all about supporting Treys growth and maintaining and developing his confidence. You can’t do that by swapping him back out, for ANY reason.

What if Trey blows off a couple fingers in a freak fire works accident?

Back
Top Bottom