:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Saw some Lance highlights on Twitter today and it got me thinking..... If Lance had the luxury of playing with CMC, how much better would he have looked? Purdy's the goods, but having a dude in the backfield like CMC that puts up the yards that he does, then is ultimate security blanket on the check downs...I think he's a HUGE help to Purdy. I just wonder how it wouldve looked for Lance....
Comes down to how well Lance gets the other weapons involved in the passing game.

CMC looks good because a top notch passing game complements him.

Without a good QB, CMC ain't nowhere near as effective to winning, as evidenced by his last few years at Carolina.

On a side note, the 49ers' Super Bowl formula that got them 5 Lombardi's remains the same - QB who is accurate and is a threat to both run and pass (Steve, Joe, Brock) , a tandem of triple threat WR's (ie, hands, speed, and YAC) - Jerry/John and Deebo/Aiyuk), a solid fullback who can block with the best of em and catch passes (Tom, Kyle) , a Pro Bowl caliber TE (Russ, Brent, George), and a two-way running back who is just as dangerous catching passes as they are running inside and outside the tackles (Wendell, Roger, Ricky, Christian, Eli).

Last edited:

Cowboys fans could never in Santa Clara
Screenshot_20230120_005033_Google.jpg

Saw some Lance highlights on Twitter today and it got me thinking..... If Lance had the luxury of playing with CMC, how much better would he have looked? Purdy's the goods, but having a dude in the backfield like CMC that puts up the yards that he does, then is ultimate security blanket on the check downs...I think he's a HUGE help to Purdy. I just wonder how it wouldve looked for Lance....

I think Lance ultimately has the higher upside and better physical abilities. He would’ve looked better having CMC in the backfield without a doubt.

Week 1 in Chicago isn’t a fair game to judge him off either way given the absolute trash weather. But even with CMC and a healthy offense. I think it’s still more of a learning process for him. Maybe having all those weapons speeds it up a bit. But there was talk that he looked shaky in training camp and even talk that Purdy was outperforming him during training camp. I get it, when you draft a guy 3rd overall and trade multiple picks to get him, that you ultimately gotta play him. But in hindsight just giving him the job going into the 2022 season may not have been the best move. By all means give him every chance to get the job and handle business in training camp, but don’t guarantee it. It’s magnified more now due to the injury. But between college and the NFL he’s had minimal in game action over the last 3 years, and it’s shown. Ultimately he needs to play to shake that rust and show that upside he has. But when you have a team with win now talent. It’s tough to balance that when the guys in the locker room are going to prefer someone who can contribute now at qb.

As long as they win. Brock can have a Jimmy in the NFC championship game against Green Bay for all I care where they just run it all game against a run defense they should be able to run on.

Granted I trust Purdy to make plays and extend plays if needed more than I would Jimmy.

that linebacker group of plummer, ken norton jr and lee woodall was downright disgusting
Speaking of Ken Norton Jr, I don't think he gets talked about enough as one of the best 49ers LB's of all time. Norton was one of the league's top LB's at the time and he solidified our defense in the mid 90s especially after Charles Haley signed with Cowboys. The 49ers needed a veteran leader on that defense and Ken Norton, who had previously won 2 SB's with DAL prior to signing with SF, was that guy.

I was watching highlights of the cowboys rams playoff game from a few years ago earlier this morning.

The Rams ran it all over them that game. Gurley and Anderson both had over 100 yards each. Dallas took a 1st quarter lead and the Rams took control after that. Goff didn’t have to much that game with how their run game was so successful. If they can contain Dak, hold them to 3 when they drive and limit movement between the 20’s. This would be an ideal formula to emulate and the 49ers have the personnel to do it. Granted this Cowboys squad has different players than that team did. But they’re very susceptible to the run.

If they commit to the run. It’s going to break them down as the game progresses.

I remember leading up to that game, a lot of people had Dallas pulling off the upset as well.

Back
Top Bottom