:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
After watching both these squads, I still think 49ers are better than both KC and PHI at full strength.

Player by player, talent wise, we are right up there with both teams, just missing a handful of key pieces.

The difference maker will always be Kyle Shanahan. He will either choke in the big game or find a way to finally break through in the clutch like Andy Reid has done twice now in the last 4 years, after 14 seasons of failing to win it in Philadelphia.

Don't tell me Purdy couldn't have done what Mahomes did tonight.

But look how Reid and Bienemy called their plays on offense all game long (save for that FG try on 4th & 3 early) to nullify anything Philly was bringing on D.

After watching both these squads, I still think 49ers are better than both at full strength.

Player by player, talent wise, we are right up there with both teams, just missing a handful of key pieces.

The difference maker will always be Kyle Shanahan. He will either choke in thr big game or find a way to finally break through in the clutch like Andy Reid has done twice now in the last 4 years, after 14 seasons of failing to win it in Philadelphia.

The difference maker is the QB play. Not Kyle.

Hurts gonna get the bag. Philly will have to be creative with the roster or strike gold in the draft

Eagles players still gonna be talking about the 49ers after this game. :lol:

Karma ***** focus on the next game not the last.

Whine Tour
161DEC0B-EEA2-4E69-A621-78A424B8906C.jpeg

CC2F501A-9264-4723-8E61-3F274A0473CE.png

43F6480F-EC2A-407A-AAEA-73D1C4DB5283.jpeg

44987CAE-2D3C-4223-96A0-6FA21B7CF40A.jpeg

Etc

The difference maker is the QB play. Not Kyle.
Don't tell me Purdy couldn't have done what Mahomes did tonight.

21-27, 183 yes, 3 TDs.

Brock can do that easily. But Brock doesn't do that when Kyle is calling 5-6 step drop backs and play actions for Brock therefoe allowing that Philly pass rush to tee off on him lol

Meanwhile Reid calling quick screens, quick slants,quick outs off shotgun formation to completely nullify the pass rush cause the QB is releasing the ball quick style.

Mahomes played an average game and was good enough to win cause he had no turnovers and passed accurately. Brock be doing that all day long if the coach has the right game plan in place against that kind of defense.

Kyle is the difference. He is 0-2 in Super Bowls as a play caller and 1 for 3 in Championship Games as a head coach. He needs to get better.

Last edited:
I didn't even realize this post-nfc championship banter was even a thing other than what Fred said during pro-bowl weekend and Deebo at radio row when asked about what we could have done if Brock didn't get injured. It's not even comparable, if the eagles came into the playoffs with their 3rd string QB they wouldn't have got past the Giants tbh. A moot point since they lost anyway but what we were able to accomplish with Purdy was historic and we got screwed out of seeing the true ending since he went down like Trey and Jimmy.

Kyle deserves coach of the year for what we accomplished given the circumstances but he won’t get it since we have expectations. I wouldn’t be mad if they gave it to the jags, giants or lions since they came out of nowhere and overachieved but the league needs to stop fronting on what Shanny accomplishes despite the big injuries year after year. It will probably be Reid or Sirianni for making it to the big game.

Word. I’m not mad at it. Personally I think Peterson did a better job cleaning up Urban’s mess in Jacksonville.

Kyle deserves coach of the year for what we accomplished given the circumstances but he won’t get it since we have expectations. I wouldn’t be mad if they gave it to the jags, giants or lions since they came out of nowhere and overachieved but the league needs to stop fronting on what Shanny accomplishes despite the big injuries year after year. It will probably be Reid or Sirianni for making it to the big game.
Where you same dude who came back from coma talking About playing the commanders when we had beat them already ?

Back
Top Bottom