:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In an ideal world, I would take Goff over anyone because no single position on the field can profoundly impact a team's future like a QB. I think Goff paired with Chip would be ridiculous. Quick feet, quick release, and quick info processor in conjunction with Chip's uptempo offense. We'd have the most dynamic offense we've had since TO and Garcia.

However, I think Goff is going to the Browns. That's a lock to me. Hue is too smart to pass him up.

If I had to project who will end up being the best player regardless of position IMO, I would lean towards Myles Jack.

Goff, Jack, Buckner, Spence or Wentz is my top 5 targets at #7. Can't go wrong with any of those guys.

Last edited:
I keep seeing mock drafts with Laquon Treadll. Let me explain why this makes no sense if Kap is the QB.

LT doesn't separate. He's not even going to run at the combine. Dude would probably run a 4.6 on his BEST day. Throwing his way requires throwing with accuracy, anticipation and touch. 

This is a problem because Kap can't make those throws. Kap was his best early in his career when the throwing windows were big. Teams were playing zone to counter his ability to run, so guys like D-love, Randy Moss, Crabtree, Vernon and Q we're running through a lot of space. The throwing windows were substantial. Those days are gone. Teams are playing man, jamming his wide receivers, and forcing Kap to make throws into small windows.

One of Treadwell's greatest strengths is his ability to win 50/50 balls. Excellent at high pointing the ball. However, we have the same issue here: Kap can't make those throws. He has issues throwing passes that need air under them(ie fade).

Treadwell can't separate, Kap can't throw into small windows...The QB neutralizes the wide receiver's greatest strengths. this sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

Last edited:
yo you guys get that survey from the 49ers?

Lol

"Would you prefer to hear more or less from the front office in the media?"

I keep seeing mock drafts with Laquon Treadll. Let me explain why this makes no sense if Kap is the QB.

LT doesn't separate. He's not even going to run at the combine. Dude would probably run a 4.6 on his BEST day. Throwing his way requires throwing with accuracy, anticipation and touch. 

This is a problem because Kap can't make those throws. Kap was his best early in his career when the throwing windows were big. Teams were playing zone to counter his ability to run, so guys like D-love, Randy Moss, Crabtree, Vernon and Q we're running through a lot of space. The throwing windows were substantial. Those days are gone. Teams are playing man, jamming his wide receivers, and forcing Kap to make throws into small windows.

One of Treadwell's greatest strengths is his ability to win 50/50 balls. Excellent at high pointing the ball. However, we have the same issue here: Kap can't make those throws. He has issues throwing passes that need air under them(ie fade).

Treadwell can't separate, Kap can't throw into small windows...The QB neutralizes the wide receiver's greatest strengths. this sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

Def is annoying seeing all those mocks w/ Treadwell.

It's like the analysts are stuck in 2011-12 where "the 49ers are just missing a legitimate big play WR from being serious Super Bowl contenders" .

They really already forgot how piss poor the QB play has been the last 2 years (3 years for those that actually watched 49ers closely in 2013)???? And forgot all the holes that have been created all over the roster from the defections last 2 years?

Well said.
 [h1]Myles Jack Ahead of Schedule in Knee Rehab[/h1]
Written by Bryan Perez on February 22, 2016

UCLA linebacker Myles Jack  is ahead of schedule as he rehabilitates his surgically repaired knee, according to Stephanie Loh of the Seattle Times.  While it’s uncertain whether Jack will participate in this week’s Scouting Combine, he’s expected to fully participate in UCLA’s pro day in March:
Physically, Jack is ahead of schedule. His body has transformed thanks to a strict nutrition plan that has cut sugar out. He’s improved his pass rushing skills, is moving confidently on his surgically-repaired knee, and has attempted a full battery of NFL combine drills in training.

John Thornton, Jack’s agent, said earlier this month that he has not yet decided which drills Jack will participate in at the NFL combine, but they are certain the linebacker will be ready to test in all the combine drills at UCLA’s pro day on March 15.
BP’s Take:  Myles Jack is widely considered to be one of the best players in the 2016 NFL Draft, regardless of position.  He’s a violent ball of energy who can succeed in the pros at multiple positions:  linebacker, safety, and running back.  If his knee checks out medically, and he’s able to perform well at his pro day, there’s no way in the world that he’ll slip past the first ten picks. 

Last edited:
There's a very realistic scenario in which we end up with Goff

The combine could end up hurting Goff. He's going to look like a frail beanpole compared to Paxton lynch and Carson Wentz. Both of those dude's have greater stature, size, athleticism and arm strength than Goff. In a t-shirt and shorts, these discrepancies will be magnified, and I am sure they'll shine in a controlled demonstration of their abilities. Malleable GMs, scouts and coaches could be swayed simply by the combine.

If the Browns fall in love with Wentz and the Cowboys pickup a free agent like RG3, the messiah could fall right to us. 

Combine officially starts tomorrow. 
devil.gif

Last edited:
If I was Goff I'd perform bad on purpose to avoid going to ******* Cleveland and stay home in the red and gold. :smoking

If he can get into a Kaep like mentality at the combine, he can fall to us.

Throw some balls into the stands, hit a coach on the sidelines with a tight spiral.

Last edited:
If I was Goff I'd perform bad on purpose to avoid going to ******* Cleveland and stay home in the red and gold. :smoking

If he can get into a Kaep like mentality at the combine, he can fall to us.

Throw some balls into the stands, hit a coach on the sidelines with a tight spiral.
Add to that a spoiled brat attitude during interviews.

And a young and reckless hoodie and beanie worn throughout.

lmao yall fools 
roll.gif

CollegeFootball 24/7  ‏@NFL_CFB   47m47 minutes ago

Mayock: Carson Wentz has ceiling similar to Andrew Luck

SB Nation NFL  ‏@SBNationNFL   50m50 minutes ago

Mayock says he didn't know anything about Wentz, watched his tape and Wentz blew him away. 6'5", 235 and athletic enough for designed runs.
i know what mayock sees. i saw it in 2014, but i wanted to be sure my eyes weren't misleading me.

i want to go on record and say buckner > bosa.

bosa is a very good player, but i feel like he's already at his ceiling. buckner will be a monster in the right system.

Last edited:
As long as they dont make some off the wall pick i think ill be happy. I like Red's top 5. From my short time here I can tell he knows his ****.

I like Goff a lot though.

But if Goff falls to 7..u have to think/hope they get him right?

Iono I just really don't want to see kap anymore

Baalke could be leveraging any teams that are interested. I don't think anything before the draft takes place rules out Goff. I can envision a scenario where they take Goff if he's there, eat the Kap cap hit and still trade that fool.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom