:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [1-1 @Rams 9/22 1:25PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
for real

wait til they hire chip to replace him. their defense is nice, but it is far from elite. they wont be back here.

for real

wait til they hire chip to replace him. their defense is nice, but it is far from elite. they wont be back here.

Would you equate their defense to the situation in Carolina? They were playing at a high level during the Super Bowl run then fell way off the next year.

His play calling was awful though. Hopefully he learns from that and leads a team of his own back there. :nerd:

Would you equate their defense to the situation in Carolina? They were playing at a high level during the Super Bowl run then fell way off the next year.
Atlanta's defense is a lot younger than Carolina's defense, so they have that advantage. The bulk of ATL's defense are first and second year players. Aside from maybe Vic Beasley, they don't really have any elite players, tho. A lot of nice pieces.

Carolina's defense in 2015 was elite. Luke Kuechly and Thomas Davis were playing at Willis and Bow's level.

Last edited:
i miss having a big, physical defense. you knew opposing players were spending extra time in the ice tub and trainer's room after they played our guys.

Just remembered that the Pats have 5 rings. This weekend sucks, the only silver-lining is Cal and our new coach. Won't celebrate until that actually happens though.

i remember some niner "fans" spewing similar gabage about coach after SB47 and 2013 NFCC

just remember, "do not be deceived. you will reap what you sow" - coach

Last edited:

you either play to win or play not to lose.

give me play to win every time. 
No doubt. I can't stand it when teams go conservative with a lead and start running the ball and getting away from what got them the lead.

Shanahan did not lose this game.

The huge sack that drove the Falcons out of field goal range, it was Atlanta center Mack who got beat by the Patriot lineman who sacked Ryan. The same Mack who decided to play in spite of a fractured fibula.

Plus Ryan's inexperience also cost them big time. Instead of throwing the ball away, he pulled a Krappernick and held on to the ball several times when he got sacked on deep drop backs costing his team field position in crunch time.

Send Shanny out west. He'll have his time of redemption soon enough.

lol 
laugh.gif
mean.gif

As Red pointed out before the game, hoodie was gonna take Julio out of this game. 

Jones only had 4 targets.

This was HUGE.

that would be nuts.

that's part of brady's greatness. he elevates the play of everyone around him. i mentioned this earlier: how upset would our fan base be if our wide receiving core consisted of danny amendola, julian edelman, malcolm mitchell and steve hogan? lol

the patriots dont invest high draft picks in their skill positions; they find guys with very particular attributes and coach them up.

Last edited:
Definitely a testament to their organization. Ultimately, they know how to build, foster, and sustain a certain culture and standard of excellence that is matched by probably only the San Antonio Spurs in modern era pro sports. Their consistency is astounding.

Not to mention, Brady's durability is amazing. Which is why I brought up Rice, who was arguably the most durable football player of all time who played a position other than QB. Had Brady and Rice played together, they would've broken even more individual records because they were both so prolific at their positions.

Do you see us drafting Corey Davis and Reuben Foster or Trubiski if we get out of the #2 and secure two first rounders in return?

Hard to say without knowing where our picks would be, but first things first, we need to find a trade partner, which is going to be very difficult unless someone falls in love with a QB.

Need to see who Kyle's DC will be as well. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom