:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [1-1 @Rams 9/22 1:25PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Seriously, I get it. You don’t blow the entire cap, but can we get someone in the building?

We signed a franchise QB for what looks like a good deal, an All Pro Cornerback who is one of the best corners in the game, a reputable good interior lineman and we still have several targets on the board(Murphy, Toilolo) yet we blew free agency?

I get we didn't get Robinson or Watkins... but to say we blew it is off kilter

But yeah

Malcolm Butler, Titans, 5 years 61 million

Andrew Norwell, Jaguars, 5 year, 66.5 million, 30 mil guaranteed.

Allen Robinson, Bears, 3 years, 42 million

I can see why we didn't get any of those guys.

The more I look at Shermans contract the more I like it tho. If he flops we can cut him next year and only owe him 2 mil guarenteed. If he plays at pro bowl level we only have to add 8 mil guaranteed for the 2 following years, still a pretty great price for a pro bowl CB.

But yeah

Malcolm Butler, Titans, 5 years 61 million

Andrew Norwell, Jaguars, 5 year, 66.5 million, 30 mil guaranteed.

Allen Robinson, Bears, 3 years, 42 million

I can see why we didn't get any of those guys.

The more I look at Shermans contract the more I like it tho. If he flops we can cut him next year and only owe him 2 mil guarenteed. If he plays at pro bowl level we only have to add 8 mil guaranteed more for the 2 couple years, still a pretty great price for a pro bowl CB.

I agree with all but Robinson. I think that could have been a huge gamechanger for our offense.

Some of y’all need to chill saying we need to sign so and so. Shanny and Lynch know who best fits our system. The draft is where you build a dynasty, not FA.

I mean how many times have we've seen these high price free agents not pan out? I would understand if we were 1 piece away.

I’d be cool with Jordy Nelson. McKinnon and Dion Lewis gonna be pricey.

I want Trent Murphy just to add some real blue collar nasty to the group.

9ers badly need an edge and the edge draft class isn't great. Signing Trent Murphy would be a good move.

We’re looking at FA from the perspective of a fan.

Kyle and Lynch got 5 years left. TBH they’re not in win now mode.

I’m not saying they don’t want to win but they’re for sure not in a rush. They’ve got time to draft and see how those players pan out.

Seems like we’re gonna have brolic cap for years to come.

I'm not questioning anything this Niners front office does. If they don't make any big moves from now until the draft. That's fine by me.

I'm sure they will build and ensure this team will be ready to compete for the playoffs this season.

The draft is where teams are built. Free agency is supplementary.

We need home runs in the draft. One good draft in the books. We need another.

Why pay Dion Lewis $8m when they can get Mark Walton in the fourth round.

or Chase Emonds in the fifth

or Justin Jackson in the sixth

Draft deep at RB.

:tongue:

Last edited:
We’re looking at FA from the perspective of a fan.

Kyle and Lynch got 5 years left. TBH they’re not in win now mode.

I’m not saying they don’t want to win but they’re for sure not in a rush. They’ve got time to draft and see how those players pan out.

Seems like we’re gonna have brolic cap for years to come.

joe staley entering his 11th season + niners got a lot of talent on rookie contracts that expire after next off season...that win-now mode might kick in come 2019-2020

Back
Top Bottom