:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [1-1 @Rams 9/22 1:25PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Arden Key tells NFL teams he's been sober for longer than a year: report

Arden Key says he has been honest with NFL teams during the pre-draft process about the reason for his extended leave from the LSU football team last spring.

That reason, however, has not been made public. Key went longer than a year without conducting a media interview, choosing to stay silent until the NFL scouting combine in February.

During a later interview March 24 at a celebrity kickball game hosted by Tyrann Mathieu, Key said he was "being truthful" with teams about the reason for his leave from the LSU football team. "I"m not going to say to the media but I tell (NFL teams) everything they need to hear."

According to an ESPN report, some portion of that truth has to do with his sobriety.

The ESPN report listed Key a group of seven players who were said to be "late-bloomers," which in Key's case could have to do with the mystery surrounding his absence from the LSU football team.

According to the report, Key is telling teams he has been sober for longer than a year. The report did not give any other specifics about his claim to sobriety.

Key, listed at 6-foot-6 and 238 pounds on his NFL.com draft profile, was once thought to be a sure first-round pick in the 2018 NFL Draft after he tallied an LSU record 12 sacks as a sophomore in 2016.

Many analysts still consider him to be a likely high-round pick, just not as high as before. NFLDraftScout.com lists Key as the No. 4 defensive end in the draft pool with a second-round projection.

The ESPN report cited an unnamed NFL scout who said "the kid was being honest. He's not a dumb kid. He's just going to need some time."

There was never a debate. Roquan is hands down the best LB in this draft. He's going to be special.

Some Teams Have Medically Flunked Vander Esch
Updated April 16, 2018
By Charlie Campbell. Follow Charlie on Twitter @draftcampbell.

One of the late-rising prospects during the leadup to the 2018 NFL Draft has been Boise State linebacker Leighton Vander Esch. He put together some excellent workouts for teams, showing speed and athleticism in his 6-foot-4, 256-pound frame. Injuries limited Vander Esch to six games in 2016, but he exploded as a junior with 141 tackles with 8.5 tackles for a loss, four sacks, four passes broken up and three interceptions. That injury history, however, has still comeback to bite Vander Esch, as WalterFootball.com has learned that some teams have removed him from their draft board after was flunking him medically.

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/nflhotpre...e Medically Flunked Vander Esch#ixzz5CrV38XU3

Was really starting to like this guy.

**** yeah! This is my favorite LB after day 1. He's super athletic and excellent in coverage. Dude is a hammer. He's kind of like a LB version of Minkah. He is in every mock I've done that doesn't start with Roquan. :lol:>D

Last edited:
Some breakdown I did of his tape:

Plays such as this one translate to Saleh's defense. The football IQ here is outstanding. Protects the sticks w/ proper depth; Head on a swivel; Reads QB the entire way. A lot to like about Warner, and he fits the 49ers' athletic profile at LB.

giphy.gif

Warner is physical in a phone booth.

giphy.gif

Senior Bowl is where he caught my attention

Sideline-to-sideline range

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

HL video:

#staywoke who haven’t we scheduled visits that’s a fit for us and can fall to 9

This is incorrect. They didn't bring in for an in-house visit, but they met with Solomon at his pro day.

There were also unique circumstances with John Lynch being his classmate, and Solomon's head coach being Lynch's close friend.

Back
Top Bottom