:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [1-1 @Rams 9/22 1:25PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I don't know who made this video, but it does a great job of highlighting everything that worries me about Edmunds. It also highlights what makes Roquan special.

I feel the same way about Edmunds. I'm cool on young projects. I think we're ready to compete this year -- if not next. I have this gut feeling Edmunds may fall out of the top 15.

I don't know who made this video, but it does a great job of highlighting everything that worries me about Edmunds. It also highlights what makes Roquan special. His instincts are other worldly.

This is why I say Edmunds is the Josh Allen of defensive players.

We’re wowed by Is physical attributes and age but when I hear something like he doesn’t have good instincts it’s like haring a wide receiver that has a world-class speed but can’t catch.

I need a sure fire player at 9.

I watched Vtech games this year Tremaine Edmunds got better as the the year went along. He’s an ascending talent. He was asked to play Mike, Will, Sam, and nickel corner.

A lot of the bad plays that were highlighted in dudes analysis were from WVU game 1st game of the year and Clemson week 4.

Last edited:
Hearing that Mo Hurst will slide to day three because of his medicals. That's nuts. Crazy good value for whichever teams drafts him. He's a certified baller.

I've been tinkering with my mocks, and one thing I continue to struggle with is tackle. The 49ers need a tackle. Joe Staley is going to be 34, and Trent Brown isn't the best fit and is in his contract year.

The problem is this is a TERRIBLE tackle class. There are a few guys I think have potential to become quality tackles waaay later down the road, but outside of Isaiah Wynn(and people want to move him to guard) and Mike McGlinchey, I don't think any of these dudes can play day one. So, what do you do? Reach? Or put the need for tackle on pause until next year. John Lynch did say the team was impressed with undrafted rookie Darrell Williams development yesterday....:emoji_thinking:

I've been tinkering with my mocks, and one thing I continue to struggle with is tackle. The 49ers need a tackle. Joe Staley is going to be 34, and Trent Brown isn't the best fit and is in his contract year.

The problem is this is a TERRIBLE tackle class. There are a few guys I think have potential to become quality tackles waaay later down the road, but outside of Isaiah Wynn(and people want to move him to guard) and Mike McGlinchey, I don't think any of these dudes can play day one. So, what do you do? Reach? Or put the need for tackle on pause until next year. John Lynch did say the team was impressed with undrafted rookie Darrell Williams development yesterday....:emoji_thinking:
I agree Big time but I kinda like Jamarco Jones Ohio State LT as a 3rd-4th rounder he can pretty nimble for a guy that size.

Yup, Jones is one of those guys who I think can devleop.

Did you hear about Leighton Vander Esch?? He's got a spinal issue that teams fear is going to get worse and up to five teams have him off their board. Crazy.

Linebackers Aren’t as High-Value NFL Draft Commodities
It would be one thing if the NFL was a run-first league. But it’s not, and you’re seeing more and more three- and four-wide formations in today’s game.

Nickel formations were used for nearly two-thirds of defensive snaps back in 2015, and that number isn’t expected to change much anytime soon. Nickel defenses call for two linebackers, not three, usually. And dime defenses (six defensive backs on the field) often involve just one linebacker.

What’s needed now are linebackers capable of covering in space. Smith is one of those commodities, which would justify a top-10 pick from the 49ers. But let’s factor in another point Biderman brought up:

This article highlights why I belive Harold Landry is the choice even with Tremaine Edmunds being the talent he is.

This notion that you can develop a later round pass rusher is just improbable where as LB’s are constantly found In later rounds and Defensive backs as well.

Cameron Wake James Harrison are two edge rushers who went undrafted who have had great careers. But outside of those 2 it’s been alotn of misses. Elite pass rushers typically go in 1st round. Justin Houston was a 3rd round pick but he failed a marijuana test at the combine.

Elvis Dumervil one other guy I forgot he was 3rd round pick. Jared Allen 4th round pick.

1 C. Jones, LB ARI 17.0 1st round pick
2 C. Campbell, DE JAX 14.5 2nd round pick
D. Lawrence, DE DAL 14.5 1st round pick
4 E. Griffen, DE MIN 13.0 4th round pick
C. Jordan, DE NO 13.0 1st round pick
R. Kerrigan, LB WSH 13.0 1st round pick
7 J. Bosa, DE LAC 12.5 1st round pick
8 C. Heyward, DE PIT 12.0 1st round pick
E. Ansah, DE DET 12.0 1st round pick
Y. Ngakoue, DE JAX 12.0 3rd round pick
11 J. Peppers, DE CAR 11.0 1st round pick
T. Suggs, LB BAL 11.0 1st round pick
M. Addison, DE CAR 11.0 undrafted
A. Donald, DT 1st round pick

Some of these players aren’t edge rushers but just goes to show you getting after the QB take elite traits.

Last edited:
There are a few other exceptions, such as Danielle Hunter and Yannick Ngakoue, but you're right, those are exceptions. The vast majority of good pass rushers in the NFL are drafted in the first round.

It ultimately boils down to these players from three groups:

Best Player Available
Roquan Smith
Minkah Fitzpatrick

Premium Position
Harold Landry
Mike McGlinchey
Denzel Ward

Upside
Tremaine Edmunds
Marcus Davenport

giphy.gif

Was listening to Chris Simms podcast and kind of chuckled at him flaming Darnolds handsize.

I went down a rabbit hole of googling QB hand size only to find out that Defo has the largest hands ever recorded at the combine :lol::wow:
(11.75)

Random I know but that’s wild.

It ultimately boils down to these players from three groups:

Best Player Available
Roquan Smith
Minkah Fitzpatrick

Premium Position
Harold Landry
Mike McGlinchey
Denzel Ward

Upside
Tremaine Edmunds
Marcus Davenport

giphy.gif

Gun to your head who do we end up with?

Was listening to Chris Simms podcast and kind of chuckled at him flaming Darnolds handsize.

I went down a rabbit hole of googling QB hand size only to find out that Defo has the largest hands ever recorded at the combine :lol::wow:
(11.75)

Random I know but that’s wild.

Imagine being this dude: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:Defo gave him CTE with that bear paw to the back of the dome.

giphy.gif

Aaaand Matt Maiocco just penciled in Mike McGlinchey to the Niners.

If we do that, I hope we trade down to do it. If Rosen falls, then I assume a team like the bills or patriots would be willing to give up some good stuff to move ahead of the dolphins.

Back
Top Bottom