:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [1-1 @Rams 9/22 1:25PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm not throwing him under the bus but am very concerned. He wasn't injured. He practiced in full for the 2nd half of the week leading up to the game. I guess as long as Sherfield steps up, then we should be ok. But this receiving unit is already thin and among the worst in the NFL IMO. We need Aiyuk to be as good as we all think he is.
I hear you. I too hope he doesn't become the next WR in Shanahan's doghouse. He is way too talented to not get him involved in the gameplan.

I'm not throwing him under the bus but am very concerned. He wasn't injured. He practiced in full for the 2nd half of the week leading up to the game. I guess as long as Sherfield steps up, then we should be ok. But this receiving unit is already thin and among the worst in the NFL IMO. We need Aiyuk to be as good as we all think he is.
You keep saying among the worst in NFL but most pundits have it as a top ten unit.

Hell PFF which is gospel for some folks have them as no.8 unit out of 32 before the year began.

I think it's way too early to throw Aiyuk under the bus. He was out a couple weeks dealing with a hamstring? I think it'll take him a couple of games to get back into flow.

Sherfield also put in the work to get his reps yesterday. Props to him.

This is more a statement on Solomon Thomas, Reuben Foster, Witherspoon, mcglinchy, Pettis, maybe too soon to add kinlaw, and possibly now Aiyuk. It’s incredibly frustrating watching every pick other than the most obvious of selections (bosa) not live up to the draft capital

I was just reading that this morning Ian Rapoport also mentioned Dre Kirkpatrick as a potential option. …..ehhh..He's pretty trash. Gave up a lot of big plays. But at this point....we may need bodies.

You keep saying among the worst in NFL but most pundits have it as a top ten unit.

Hell PFF which is gospel for some folks have them as no.8 unit out of 32 before the year began.
PFF's grading includes all pass catching options. You think Kansas City would be ranked #3 with a trio of Tyreek Hill, Mecole Hardman and Demarcus Robinson? Absolutely not. But when you put Kelce in there, that changes things dramatically. Just like putting Kittle in with the WRs, makes our unit look very good. That's not what I am talking about. I am talking about WRs. And I think we are in the bottom third of the league in WRs.

Deebo had 189 yards and a TD yesterday

Love Deebo. He is a monster when healthy. I liked Aiyuk a lot last season too. I was expecting an even bigger season out of him. But we have nothing behind them, unless Sherfield is the real deal. This isnt a case of me being negative when I talk about our WR corps. Im just being realistic.

Deebo: awesome but injury prone
Aiyuk: awesome as a rookie, but him being out of the gameplan W1 is concerning
Sherfield: looks nice but is unproven
Sanu: most felt was done 2 seasons ago

Thats what we are looking at. If one of Deebo or Aiyuk misses serious time (or is in the doghouse for whatever reason), I dont see how anyone can look at this unit and say they are satisfied. We need help, big time. And just because we need clear help at DB, doesnt mean the WR unit doesnt need help too.

PFF's grading includes all pass catching options. You think Kansas City would be ranked #3 with a trio of Tyreek Hill, Mecole Hardman and Demarcus Robinson? Absolutely not. But when you put Kelce in there, that changes things dramatically. Just like putting Kittle in with the WRs, makes our unit look very good. That's not what I am talking about. I am talking about WRs. And I think we are in the bottom third of the league in WRs.
The focus on “wide receivers” instead of “pass catchers” is absurd.

Ill let you have confrontational dialogue with somebody else Mr.Dland

I was just reading that this morning Ian Rapoport also mentioned Dre Kirkpatrick as a potential option. …..ehhh..He's pretty trash. Gave up a lot of big plays. But at this point....we may need bodies.

Dre Kirkpatrick it is boys.

At this point, I'll take it. At least dude is 6'2" and had 3 picks last year and is only 31.

Moseley, Norman, and Williams are all going to have to LEVEL UP. No choice.

As far as Mostert, I been saying trade him since last year. There's a reason Lynch drafted 2 more running backs. Mostert's days been numbered. Time to trade his injury prone ***

Dre Kirkpatrick it is boys.

At this point, I'll take it. At least dude is 6'2" and had 3 picks last year and is only 31.

Moseley, Norman, and Williams are all going to have to LEVEL UP. No choice.

As far as Mostert, I been saying trade him since last year. There's a reason Lynch drafted 2 more running backs. Mostert's days been numbered. Time to trade his injury prone ***
A Rod bout to have that bounce back game against us. 500 yards and 5 tuds.

Back
Top Bottom