:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [1-1 @Rams 9/22 1:25PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
sucks to hear about raheem, really need sermon to show why he was picked in the 3rd. OSU pumps put running backs who can produce in the league (zeke, hyde, dobbins) so i’ve got high hopes for sermon

i’m not worried about our receivers. yesterday they showed they were capable of getting open and creating separation. once aiyuk sees more snaps, he adds another big-play element to the offense. the threat of him running that jet sweep is something that defenses will have to account for

this game tonight is wylin :lol:

game could've been over at least three separate times:

Ravens FG with 40 seconds left
Edwards knee being down before breaking the plane
Looked like Carr got in on the QB sneak

definitely surprised the las vegas traiders didn't find a way to trick this one off

sucks to hear about raheem, really need sermon to show why he was picked in the 3rd. OSU pumps put running backs who can produce in the league (zeke, hyde, dobbins) so i’ve got high hopes for sermon

i’m not worried about our receivers. yesterday they showed they were capable of getting open and creating separation. once aiyuk sees more snaps, he adds another big-play element to the offense. the threat of him running that jet sweep is something that defenses will have to account for

Sermon looks straight but this is concerning.

As for the game tonight, Ravens got what they deserved. Could have ended it in regulation if they played for the first to kill the clock instead of settling for the FG with a minute left then playing prevent allowing the Raiders to get into FG range.

Edit: just rewatched the highlights, Ravens did kill the clock but ran a super soft cushion defense that allowed every under to be 15-20 yard first. Then got smoked on a long ball trying to play short, Gruden played them to perfection.

Last edited:
The crazy thing about our WRs is that Deebo and Aiyuk haven't played much together at all, so there is still a lot to see before we can really say how dangerous this offense can be.

Our biggest weakness by far is the secondary

Saw the article that Aiyuk had a bad camp before the hamstring injury. Damn. I thought he had a good camp. I wonder what's going on.

Saw the article that Aiyuk had a bad camp before the hamstring injury. Damn. I thought he had a good camp. I wonder what's going on.
If we were to believe Shanahan that Aiyuk's week 1 performance was because of his hamstring, we would have to suspend logic and ignore everything that makes sense.

the sources I read said that he had a good start to camp but then quickly cooled off.

and then there's the hurt hamstring/booty muscles.

i’m perhaps irrationally high on aiyuk but if he ends up having that sophomore slump like pettis :smh:

is it me or does it seem like as soon as any WR ends up on shanny’s ****-list, they just stay there?

i’m perhaps irrationally high on aiyuk but if he ends up having that sophomore slump like pettis :smh:

is it me or does it seem like as soon as any WR ends up on shanny’s ****-list, they just stay there?

I am super high on Aiyuk too. Ridiculously homerish high. Like, I wouldnt have traded him for Justin Jefferson before the season high on him. Couldnt have been more disappointed by week 1.

So far they have lol. Shanny definitely has an expectation that he wants his players to be at. Aiyuk being in the doghouse and Sermon being beat as the #2 is surprising.

i think this pretty much says it all tho

"“I just think he has a better person behind him this year in training camp,” Shanahan said. “With Aiyuk missing some time and how well Trent Sherfield played, it wasn’t a very tough decision."

I know Aiyuk didn’t play too much in preseason but he didn’t look too good either dropping passes from Trey

Back
Top Bottom