:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [1-1 @Rams 9/22 1:25PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The addition of Dre Kirkpatrick to the secondary will be nice. Did Ambry Thomas play or do well today?

The addition of Dre Kirkpatrick to the secondary will be nice. Did Ambry Thomas play or do well today?

Ambry Thomas was inactive. They said he had one of the worst week out of all CBs last week.

Can Minnesota get the win? :nerd:

Edit: Missed the game winner :smh:

Last edited:
Thoughts on today....

-I thought Jimmy recovered nicely from an abysmal first half. I still would like to see him attacking downfield more, but it worked fine today.

-Running game was poor today. Eagles front 7 is no joke. I am more concerned with the health of our guys than their performance today. I think as long as we arent running practice squaders out there, we will be able to produce with this scheme.

-I am getting very tired of Kittle not being used. I know he is a fantastic blocker, but its getting harder and harder to argue he is better than Kelce when he is getting 5 or less targets a game. We need to start getting the ball in his hands and letting him go to work. He can make a game changing play at any time.

-Deebo is a stud. He is having a fantastic start and is well on his way to being a #1 WR.

-Aiyuk continues to disappoint. This is so frustrating to see. Hopefully he figures it out because Kyle has soured on him faster than he did Pettis.

-Wish was OUTSTANDING today. Lightweight was the MVP of this game. Flipped the field numerous times.

-DeMeco is doing a good job. Once he made that adjustment in the middle of the Lions game, the D has been clicking.

-Nice to see Kinlaw make an impact on the blocked punt and a little bit in the run game too. But did any of you see him hobbling around towards the end of the game? I am not expecting much out of him this season or as a 49er in general. Its clear this knee is going to hinder his career. Very frustrating.

-Secondary played really well outside that one bomb. Surprisingly great performance today.

-Fred Warner is a monster. Absolute monster.

Overall, it was a really nice win. Defense dominated. 2-0 is 2-0. But I am very concerned with our offense moving forward. The three teams in our division seem to be able to drop 30 in their sleep.

Thoughts on today....

-I thought Jimmy recovered nicely from an abysmal first half. I still would like to see him attacking downfield more, but it worked fine today.

-Running game was poor today. Eagles front 7 is no joke. I am more concerned with the health of our guys than their performance today. I think as long as we arent running practice squaders out there, we will be able to produce with this scheme.

-I am getting very tired of Kittle not being used. I know he is a fantastic blocker, but its getting harder and harder to argue he is better than Kelce when he is getting 5 or less targets a game. We need to start getting the ball in his hands and letting him go to work. He can make a game changing play at any time.

-Deebo is a stud. He is having a fantastic start and is well on his way to being a #1 WR.

-Aiyuk continues to disappoint. This is so frustrating to see. Hopefully he figures it out because Kyle has soured on him faster than he did Pettis.

-Wish was OUTSTANDING today. Lightweight was the MVP of this game. Flipped the field numerous times.

-DeMeco is doing a good job. Once he made that adjustment in the middle of the Lions game, the D has been clicking.

-Nice to see Kinlaw make an impact on the blocked punt and a little bit in the run game too. But did any of you see him hobbling around towards the end of the game? I am not expecting much out of him this season or as a 49er in general. Its clear this knee is going to hinder his career. Very frustrating.

-Secondary played really well outside that one bomb. Surprisingly great performance today.

-Fred Warner is a monster. Absolute monster.

Overall, it was a really nice win. Defense dominated. 2-0 is 2-0. But I am very concerned with our offense moving forward. The three teams in our division seem to be able to drop 30 in their sleep.

the rest of the division can drop 30 but niners have the best defense in the division, and top 5 in the league. i’m gladly eating crow about armstead, he was living in the backfield today and the rest of front 7 is no joke.

after today’s game, i’m not as concerned about the secondary as i was last week. seeing how disciplined ward was playing at safety helps a lot, he’s one of the better safeties we’ve had in a minute. he’s always been a good tackler but he’s come a long *** way in his coverage. lenoir got tested time and time again and was always in position, even on the 90 yarder. all week i was hearing about how the secondary was gonna be exposed by hurts and smith.. so much for that. is it me or did the eagles do absolutely nothing over the middle of the field?

the rest of the division can drop 30 but niners have the best defense in the division, and top 5 in the league. i’m gladly eating crow about armstead, he was living in the backfield today and the rest of front 7 is no joke.

after today’s game, i’m not as concerned about the secondary as i was last week. seeing how disciplined ward was playing at safety helps a lot, he’s one of the better safeties we’ve had in a minute. he’s always been a good tackler but he’s come a long *** way in his coverage. lenoir got tested time and time again and was always in position, even on the 90 yarder. all week i was hearing about how the secondary was gonna be exposed by hurts and smith.. so much for that. is it me or did the eagles do absolutely nothing over the middle of the field?
They dont do middle only sidelines. Also was said in a niner podcast over the week. Its their bread and butter .. reason why i was pissed like they didnt have any idea at some points

Seeing Waller last week get all those touches and Kelce tonight last night make that big play makes me wish we had a better QB that could actualky get the ball in Kittle’s hands consistently.

Seeing Waller last week get all those touches and Kelce tonight last night make that big play makes me wish we had a better QB that could actualky get the ball in Kittle’s hands consistently.
I'm as negative about Jimmy as they come, but its not JUST Jimmy here. Kyle needs to do a better job of getting Kittle involved. Unacceptable seeing him with 9 total targets in 2 games.

I would love Kittle getting more touches and making plays but at the same time he is an elite blocker (and decoy at times) and we absolutely need that. As long as Deebo continues to be a big time threat, Sherfield proves to be becoming one and hopefully Aiyuk when he gets healthier then things will open up for George. As of now he’s got the opposing defense’s full attention in general, but especially when he’s lined up out wide and/or in obvious passing scenarios.

Check out why Jauan Jennings had a wide open walk in TD at the 55 second mark

Our RB situation may be a problem, especially late game when we need someone to trust who can eat up the clock and move the chains. Hasty and Sermon almost cost us on back to back snaps.

Back
Top Bottom